Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Argyle Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
The BG I & II series implemented shape change and polymorph magic primarily for combat activities. I loved the 100% magic resistance of the mustard jelly for mage/lich battles, but I rarely used the bear or wolf forms. Shapechange could be useful for other things that I definitely would use. For example, a squirrel or bat form would probably go unnoticed by most enemies, and could make an excellent scout. I imagine that could be implemented as having an automatic hide-in-shadows innate ability. Another possible benefit of a small creature form would be the ability to squeeze into small spaces, thus possibly providing the character with an advantageous position (think of iron golems stuck in doorways in BG II). Enhanced senses of a shapechanged form might help detect invisible creatures or illusions. Perhaps even water-breathing might come in handy, who knows?

apprentice
apprentice
Tabletop, I think I've transformed into a gnat as often as a polar bear. Got squished one time by an old guy npc, and he died of a heart attack when a full sized dwarf fell off the wall onto him. Would be nice to see some utility implemented.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Swen promised we will see things in BG3, no other dnd game has done before so who knows.

journeyman
journeyman
This would be really interesting. If there are environmental obstacles or effects, surely there would be a way to incorporate shapechange. Turning into a rat to squeeze through a hole in a wall, turning into a bat to scout a dark cavern/room, and eavesdropping on enemy conversations all come to mind. Wouldn't mind being able to turn into a bear and bust down a door either lol.

Argyle Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
And Patch #4 delivers !!!!

THANK YOU LARIAN !!!

Now, about the City of Brass adventure ....

Originally Posted by Gmazca
This would be really interesting. If there are environmental obstacles or effects, surely there would be a way to incorporate shapechange. Turning into a rat to squeeze through a hole in a wall, turning into a bat to scout a dark cavern/room, and eavesdropping on enemy conversations all come to mind. Wouldn't mind being able to turn into a bear and bust down a door either lol.

You can actually do this with the cat form and squeeze inside Mol's lair through that hole that you normally can't get through. smile So it can be done.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard