Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
darkoms1 #658865 18/02/20 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by darkoms1
Yes, so to some extent Damian is an avatar of the Lord of Chaos and I think the Doctor should show more respect for him

Let me give you a metaphor : imagine leader of black supremacy movement, whom is himself a white, use this movement to increase his personal power and don't really cares about blacks (*demons were servants to human black ringers in Divinity 2 TDS). Not only that, but the leader is actually killed one of prominent black semi-leaders (*archdemon Samael) for his personal gain. Also, his competency is questioned when most of the time he's vaining and whine about his lost lover.

Last edited by Soccer; 18/02/20 09:19 AM.
darkoms1 #658911 19/02/20 02:01 AM
C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Sounds like the Democrat Party in the USA. smile

darkoms1 #658934 19/02/20 05:14 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
So, weren't the demons created by the Lord of Chaos? In that case, how were they created? In the game, demons can use the ability, which is available only to the creatures of the Void and the servants of the King God (teleportation using the Void, I do not remember exactly) and when applying the Blessing to the Malady, she complains that it hurts her. So, demons were not created using the Source as the rest of the races, but using the Void?

darkoms1 #658958 20/02/20 08:25 AM
So, weren't the demons created by the Lord of Chaos? In that case, how were they created? In the game, demons can use the ability, which is available only to the creatures of the Void and the servants of the King God (teleportation using the Void, I do not remember exactly) and when applying the Blessing to the Malady, she complains that it hurts her. So, demons were not created using the Source as the rest of the races, but using the Void?

Well, so far as we know from the lore, Demons don't have any sort of relationship with the Void. and yes, they were created by the Lord of Chaos. In the old days, it\s was implied that demon came from their own demon dimension(s), one of which bordered world Nemesis from Beyond Divinity.

But hey, there is an old saying : "Time changes, weather changes, Divinity lore changes. People - never change."

darkoms1 #658964 20/02/20 01:35 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Yes, but what did the Lord of Chaos use to create them? Source?

darkoms1 #658972 20/02/20 04:38 PM
Who knows. If source isn't exclusive power to Rivellon, duo it's bordering to the Void, maybe demons were created from it too. My personal take on this, that demons were created with some sort of chaos magic. After all, demon's God name is Lord of Chaos, and some guy named Braccus Rex called himself The Source King because of his mastery with the source.

darkoms1 #658979 20/02/20 08:57 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
So the explanation from previous games that demons were the first race created on Rivellon is not a canon?
In any case, it seems that Damian will return in the Fallen Heroes and in the trailer, if I am not mistaken, Lord of Chaos was mentioned, so maybe a new game will explain the place of the demons and their god in the world, and the relationship of the Lord of Chaos and God King

darkoms1 #665007 26/03/20 11:56 AM
veteran
veteran
So the explanation from previous games that demons were the first race created on Rivellon is not a canon?
In any case, it seems that Damian will return in the Fallen Heroes and in the trailer, if I am not mistaken, Lord of Chaos was mentioned, so maybe a new game will explain the place of the demons and their god in the world, and the relationship of the Lord of Chaos and God King

"Canon" changes from game to game, often contradicting itself and adding in new gods or demigods which were not mentioned before, then go back to being not mentioned in the next game.

Fallen Heroes is on "indefinite hold", which probably means "we don't want to use the word 'cancelled', but...".

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard