Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#658491 27/01/20 01:57 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello , i downloaded a mod and i want to change some of the skill icons , maybe replace it with the icons from another mod , is there a specific guide or video about this?
I tried following this https://docs.larian.game/Adding_New_Icons but i couldn't.
Im extremely new to the divinity engine so everything is on ancient chinese for me.
Help would be very appreciated.

Support
Support

You may want to check Larian's Discord. There are other modders there, and possibly people from Larian who can offer modding support.

veteran
veteran
You'd probably need to extract the mod(s) in question, using the extractor which can be found under #Modding-support on the Discord channel that Raze linked.

Then you'd want to look into \Public\ModYouWantToModify_UUID\Stats\Generated\Data and find the appropriate entry for what ever skill you want to modify the icon of, and duplicate those entries with the icon entry being replaced with one of your own from your new mod and your atlas, and make sure that mod loads after the overridden mod so that your icon is the one who writes that entry last.

I'm not exactly a stats guy so I can't say for certain, but I believe this would be the way to do it. Or one way at least.

Joining the Discord is definitely a good bet though, a lot of people there with way more insights in that aspect of modding than I have smile

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks for the replies , ill try it out

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard