Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
We are excited to announce that the World Reveal of Baldur’s Gate 3 Gameplay will be happening LIVE at PAX East on Thursday 27th February at 1500ET. Swen will be playing the game live on stage with a very special guest, revealing more about the story, mechanics, and the answers to much asked questions. Plus, we'll be streaming to YouTube so you can be involved no matter where you are in the world. Take a look at our announcement trailer for all the details about the gameplay reveal and to get a sneak peek at our new booth that we'll be unveiling at PAX East!

Last edited by vometia; 27/10/20 06:14 AM.
stranger
stranger
Wonderfully! I can not wait for the long-cherished reveal. I actually never imagined I will be able to see the day of Baldur's Gate 3 creation. I wish you all the best Larian!

stranger
stranger
big news!!! and dragons confirmed!!!!

[Linked Image]

apprentice
apprentice
Hype!

Also good that the TB vs RTwP or both question will finally be answered.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I am excited as well, trust me. Going to bury the hatchet now and let you do your thing in peace. Wish you luck with the reveal, hopefully everything goes as planned!

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Waeress
Hype!

Also good that the TB vs RTwP or both question will finally be answered.

350 people are officially working on the game. That is rather deep in AAA territory.

In my opinion, a turn-based game is probably too niche for a budget like that. If you want the Diablo and WoW millions, then it would probably be safer to take the realtime, partybased, multiplayer route.

But we shall see.

Last edited by dlux; 18/02/20 04:59 PM.
A
addict
addict
A
seems like there are some mocaps and moves like the witcher actor. really curious.. as it doesn't seems fit for baldur's gate. 27th can't come closer. sadly i'll be traveling

apprentice
apprentice
Can't wait to see the gameplay. The moment at 0:23-0:24 on the video shows that environment will look almost like D:OS 2.

You will face many defeats in life, but never let yourself be defeated - Maya Angelou
A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by BananowePole
Can't wait to see the gameplay. The moment at 0:23-0:24 on the video shows that environment will look almost like D:OS 2.

that isn't good if you ask me. if anything they shouldn't be DOS2 at all.. this is baldur's gate and i trust Larian should be professional enough to not repeat what Ubisoft doing.

edit
what i mean was the art, settings and presentation of how the game should look like.

Last edited by Archaven; 18/02/20 05:19 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Archaven

that isn't good if you ask me. if anything they shouldn't be DOS2 at all.. this is baldur's gate and i trust Larian should be professional enough to not repeat what Ubisoft doing.

edit
what i mean was the art, settings and presentation of how the game should look like.

We'll know for sure when the reveal begins. You can't make out much in the footage anyway.

apprentice
apprentice
Well, they make BG 3 on D:OS 2 modified engine. Yeah, it might be just a sample, who knows. We will be smarter on 27th.

You will face many defeats in life, but never let yourself be defeated - Maya Angelou
A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by korotama

edit

We'll know for sure when the reveal begins. You can't make out much in the footage anyway.

as mentioned by BananowePole in the footage you can see a designer/programmer is working on environment which looks exactly like DOS2. this in my opinion isn't good as DOS and baldur's gate are very different settings. I do hope Larian artists are talented enough to not make game looks similar like DOS2.

on topic on the video.. i wonder what is meant by Chaki? as voiced by mocap lady.. "Chaki come closer.."

apprentice
apprentice
on topic on the video.. i wonder what is meant by Chaki? as voiced by mocap lady.. "Chaki come closer.."

For sure BG 3 will use returning characters as well as new. Remember that Larian devs are clever and they show us what we're meant to see. It's all about hype train gets going, so people will wonder who is this, what is that, etc etc.

journeyman
journeyman
Sounds like (according to a flowery blurb in the Larian Gazette) BG3 will have a protag mechanic very reminiscent (if not outright similar) to the Spirit Eater mechanic of NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer.

"You are burdened with a great power devouring you from within.
How far down the path of darkness will you let it take you?
The fate of Faerûn is on your party’s shoulders.
Will you carry it to salvation, or descend with it to hell?"

At least at a descriptive level, sounds VERY similar to the Spirit Eater.

old hand
old hand
Look at the footage at the end with the Red Dragon being ridden by a Githyanki, that is NOT Cartoonish DOS2 style at all, it's hyper reastistic. More realistic then I've seen in actual movies.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by ZeshinX
Sounds like (according to a flowery blurb in the Larian Gazette) BG3 will have a protag mechanic very reminiscent (if not outright similar) to the Spirit Eater mechanic of NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer.

"You are burdened with a great power devouring you from within.
How far down the path of darkness will you let it take you?
The fate of Faerûn is on your party’s shoulders.
Will you carry it to salvation, or descend with it to hell?"

At least at a descriptive level, sounds VERY similar to the Spirit Eater.

Mind flayers are the big thing in this game so I am guessing you are 'infected' somehow by mind flayer semen and are trying not to 'succumb' to it.

Love and sausages xx
old hand
old hand
"We are excited to announce the eagerly anticipated gameplay reveal of Baldur’s Gate 3. Our Creative Director Swen Vincke will be playing live on stage with Jesse Cox, revealing more about the story, mechanics, and the answers to much asked questions. With seating for 1000 people, don’t worry if you can’t make it to the live show, it’ll also be streamed on YouTube. For those at PAX, there will also be a short, live Q&A where your questions can be asked and answered. 

We will also be present in the expo hall of PAX East, with an all-new booth dedicated to Baldur’s Gate 3. At the booth, our team will be serving up live gameplay presentations for the entire weekend, starting after the live show concludes.

Baldur’s Gate 3 was announced back at E3 last year, and since then we’ve have been continuing to grow to 350 people (including outsourcers), and working on new technology and pipelines that allow the team to create a truly next-generation RPG, spanning 100+ hours of content, with all the depth you’d expect, and many surprises along the way that even fans of critically acclaimed Divinity Original Sin 2 won’t expect. 

Tune in on February 27 at 1530ET to discover why we've been quiet over the past few months, and which direction the studio is heading."
​
From the Larian Gazette.

Originally Posted by Omegaphallic
Look at the footage at the end with the Red Dragon being ridden by a Githyanki, that is NOT Cartoonish DOS2 style at all, it's hyper reastistic. More realistic then I've seen in actual movies.

Indeed. That may be a cutscene, but it still hints at the tone of the art direction. There's clearly a sense of epic storytelling involved (which I am happy to see from a studio I am not as familiar with). And with the inevitability that at some point the game will take us down to Hell, I am guessing we are in for quite a visual feast with images like this. Def exciting.

seems like there are some mocaps and moves like the witcher actor. really curious.. as it doesn't seems fit for baldur's gate.

Yea, I have to agree. I mean, we all knew it was never going to look like a flat, 2D Infinity Engine game and they stated they would be using a modified/updated DOS2 engine (actually, I think it was the next version of the engine - which could mean drastically different). Hard not to think about games like Jedi Fallen Order when you see the amount of mocap going on here. It can't all be for cutscenes.

Looks like we could be in for a very modernized Baldur's Gate game.

Originally Posted by dlux

350 people are officially working on the game. That is rather deep in AAA territory.

In my opinion, a turn-based game is probably too niche for a budget like that. If you want the Diablo and WoW millions, then it would probably be safer to take the realtime, partybased, multiplayer route.

Bingo. It's hard sometimes to step back from your own perspective on games, game systems, and accessibility issues and realize the bigger picture stuff like this. Even at this level of production, sales outweigh artistic integrity. WOTC has to make a profit here. So does Larian. To quote vometia in the 'ragin debate' thread from a couple weeks back, "I'll put up with TB if it's a series I'm already invested in or otherwise have a reason to be specifically interested, but if it's something that might've caught my attention and was 50/50 as to whether or not to buy it would push the consensus towards not interested."

So the big question is... did Larian make the right choice?

Were they smart?

Like you said. We'll see....

Oh yes, I can't wait for this. By the way, was that a red dragon at the end? I couldn't tell.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by BladeDancer
Oh yes, I can't wait for this. By the way, was that a red dragon at the end? I couldn't tell.

That scene is definitely CGI so we will get gameplay and another CGI trailer.

Last edited by Hawke; 18/02/20 10:44 PM.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard