Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#659367 28/02/20 01:04 PM
mszcz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I can't even describe how sad and mad I am right now.

I am a huuuge fan of BG, I think i finished BG1/2 like 20+ times. Never get bored.
Once they've annouced that BG3 is in progress I was like "OMG OMG, please dont F$%#$ this up" honestly, I was exited like a little girl.
I gave myself a bit of time after watching the gameplay on youtube. Tried to think about it so my post wont be full of greve and toxisity. Just can't.
I will not even give this game a chance. Not, even if someone give it to me for free.
BG was a story mostly. I know, but what was also important was that the world itself makes you to sink into it.

If i wish to play dnd on paper, I would play dnd on paper for f$%$$ sakes.

Active pause, cruel dark fanatasy world - not this candy-ish creation, chaotic yet rewarding encouters, amazing story and great side characters. This is Baldur's Gate.

This is not my Baldur.
That is not our Baldur. There is a lot of us and you - Larian studios, just made a croud really mad.
Hope this will be a lesson for you, not to copy existing asssets.

Shame.

mszcz #659372 28/02/20 01:12 PM
veteran
veteran
You literally created an account just to complain?

mszcz #659377 28/02/20 01:16 PM
T
apprentice
apprentice
T
When i said in an another post that big and famous IP fatally come with drama-peoples now....
Good luck to the moderators... it s only the beginning. smirk

Last edited by The Storyteller; 28/02/20 01:16 PM.
mszcz #659380 28/02/20 01:20 PM
stranger
stranger
People have high expectations, and get mad when the first pre-alpha gameplay footage isn't meeting them.
Luckily we have some measured and constructive responses in this forum as well, for Larian Studios to take into account if they wish to do so (and I'm confident they care as much as we do).

Zonalar #659381 28/02/20 01:22 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zonalar
People have high expectations, and get mad when the first pre-alpha gameplay footage isn't meeting them.
Luckily we have some measured and constructive responses in this forum as well, for Larian Studios to take into account if they wish to do so (and I'm confident they care as much as we do).

Larian might but WotC won't.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by mszcz

I am a huuuge fan of BG, I think i finished BG1/2 like 20+ times. Never get bored.
Once they've annouced that BG3 is in progress I was like "OMG OMG, please dont F$%#$ this up" honestly, I was exited like a little girl.
I gave myself a bit of time after watching the gameplay on youtube. Tried to think about it so my post wont be full of greve and toxisity. Just can't.
I will not even give this game a chance. Not, even if someone give it to me for free.
BG was a story mostly. I know, but what was also important was that the world itself makes you to sink into it.

Active pause, cruel dark fanatasy world - not this candy-ish creation, chaotic yet rewarding encouters, amazing story and great side characters. This is Baldur's Gate.

This is not my Baldur.
That is not our Baldur. There is a lot of us and you - Larian studios, just made a croud really mad.

Shame.

Definitely acting like a little girl. Grow up, seriously.

Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem

Yup. They just copied and pasted this from their whinge over on steam.

Originally Posted by The Storyteller
When i said in an another post that big and famous IP fatally come with drama-peoples now....
Good luck to the moderators... it s only the beginning. smirk

Agreed...
I think a lot of people dont really understand what makes a game a 'Baldurs Gate' game.
Combat systems, graphics, game engine etc do not in anyway determine whether or not a game is Baldur's Gate. What determines whether or not
a game is a Baldurs Gate game is whether or not the story involves Baldurs Gate. There is no valid argument against that whatsoever. People need
to stop acting like whiny little children, grow up and seriously get a grip on reality. The toxicity os some people truly makes me weep for society.

I remember thinking the same thing when people threw their toys out of the cot over Sword Coast Legends(that game never stood a chance). i looked
at what the community was like and was disappointed. Mainly because I realised these were not the type of people I would like to enjoy playing
a multiplayer game with.

Love and sausages xx
0Muttley0 #659386 28/02/20 01:32 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by 0Muttley0

Address the content of the post, please. Comments like that are not very helpful.

J'aime le fromage.
vometia #659388 28/02/20 01:38 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by vometia
Originally Posted by 0Muttley0

Address the content of the post, please. Comments like that are not very helpful.

While I would generally agree that whining and being toxic about something should be avoided I feel like in this case it's just propagation of the original behavior to the person replying... makes me wonder about the human psychology though smile

Last edited by vometia; 28/02/20 02:15 PM. Reason: formatting
mszcz #659389 28/02/20 01:38 PM
mszcz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Its a statement we the fans want to show.
True fact it is I was raised on BG series. Just try to imagine the disappointment instead of bashing me for 'crying' and whatever.

"When Blizzard announced Diablo 3, fans gave their robes, complaining about too colorful graphics (and then - as Andrzej thinks, an avid fan and privately a colleague - it turned out to be the least of their problems). But this revolution turned out to be small in detail against the background of what this game is supposed to bring us. Instead of a colorful world, where every tree create your story, use my so far less exciting Divinity mod. The fight was turned into turn-based chess, and the extended story into small dialogues. The trilogy about Bhaal's children is not connected with the story so far and it probably won't be there I wonder why Baldur's Gate 3? Why not Beregost Heroes or Waterdeep Mornings? Is this just a marketing leap for the brand?"
Think about it.

Dark_Ansem #659391 28/02/20 01:39 PM
veteran
veteran

And a separate thread too, because apparently we really needed to pay attention to his rant.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
mszcz #659392 28/02/20 01:44 PM
stranger
stranger
As much as I agree the op is a little over-dramatic, it just shows that people are very passionate about the game.

Does the game feel like Baldur's Gate of the old? No.

Does it have to feel like it? No, it's been 22 years.

Does it feel too much like DOS? Yes.

Can it feel more like Baldur's Gate? Pretty sure it can.

If you read/play/watch a sequel to anything, you expect it to have a clear connection to its predecessor - can you honestly say that you see a CLEAR gameplay connection between BG1/2 and between the gameplay demo? It may be the same universe, but everything is different - and it looks like DOS.

People WILL complain and it's hard to blame them tbh.

With that in mind, I hope that the feedback we're putting here and the community response will encourage Larian to make sure the game not only is named Baldur's Gate, but also can feel Baldur's Gate.

Last edited by silentsnake; 28/02/20 01:45 PM.
mszcz #659420 28/02/20 02:58 PM
mszcz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
#renameBG3

[img]https://ibb.co/khdzGL8[/img]

this picture, its more then enough to prove all of you my/our right.

Last edited by mszcz; 28/02/20 03:30 PM.
mszcz #659434 28/02/20 03:42 PM
stranger
stranger
don't say that "That is not our Baldur." it's just your opinion.

just speak for you.

mszcz #659449 28/02/20 04:23 PM
veteran
veteran
I'm digging the Dragon Age origins dialogue

Dark_Ansem #659605 28/02/20 10:01 PM
veteran
veteran

Don't see anything wrong with that. People have a right to complain and even to rant. It's not just the pro side that gets to post their views.

mszcz #659624 28/02/20 10:55 PM
D
D
Wow, all the fanboys fanboying in this thread against the OP need to seriously grow up. You're acting pitifully and hypocritically.

The OP has a right to voice their criticisms of the in-development product this forum is for more than you do one to denigrate their criticisms of said product.

The OP also is very on-point in what they say.

This is not my Baldur.

Shame.

Understandably, a lot of people are very upset about Larian's "BG3" being a blatant clone of D:OS2 rather than something resembling Baldur's Gate.

Last edited by Delicieuxz; 28/02/20 10:58 PM.
mszcz #659633 29/02/20 12:19 AM
stranger
stranger

Baldur's Gate 3
cruel dark fanatasy world - ✓
chaotic yet rewarding encouters - ✓
amazing story - ✓
great side characters - ✓

active pause - down hehe

Dark_Ansem #659634 29/02/20 12:29 AM
old hand
old hand
I'm digging the Dragon Age origins dialogue

Me to. Yeah the word Scandal is overstating what we have here.

Delicieuxz #659662 29/02/20 03:05 AM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Delicieuxz
Wow, all the fanboys fanboying in this thread against the OP need to seriously grow up.

Everybody has a right to come here to voice their opinion. Just remember to do it politely.

J'aime le fromage.
vometia #659752 29/02/20 10:30 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by vometia
Originally Posted by Delicieuxz
Wow, all the fanboys fanboying in this thread against the OP need to seriously grow up.

Everybody has a right to come here to voice their opinion. Just remember to do it politely.

Not all opinions are equal tho.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard