Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#660740 03/03/20 02:08 AM
Rlyeh Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Party member romances were one thing that made BG2 great. Will BG3 continue that tradition?

enthusiast
enthusiast

Last edited by Nobody_Special; 03/03/20 02:18 AM.
They say that all the companions can be romances, and the companions can romance each other, which will potentially lead to some drama in the party.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Rlyeh
Party member romances were one thing that made BG2 great. Will BG3 continue that tradition?

You will be able to Romance all the Companion they've said. Plus the Companion I think might seduce each other. The question becomes can you romance Followers and other characters in BG3 as well?

journeyman
journeyman
Romance, a wonderful and tricky things in games. In Dragon Age Inquisition I had felt extraordinarily limited. Really only having one choice. In Skyrim you can marry and have children which do their own "limited" things which I think is better, but like in Fable all the people seem to lack personality. I understand that it can be difficult to justify time to devote developing stories of potential non-companion characters. In Divinity II the blind magister would have been a prime candidate for me his tears and inner turmoil made him all too appealing. Back to the point though time is money and if you were to hire 1000 writers it would still require a lot of work to check for continuity and edit and simply put writing for a game is very very hard work and the more writing you have the more difficult that work becomes.

Out of the characters we've seen so far I'm most tempted by the wizard. His "explosive" back story is intriguing.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Inquisition I thought did it pretty well, though I only romanced Sera; perhaps other characters varied. Skyrim's romances such as they were felt perhaps the most pointless. The Outer Worlds was a curious take on it for me in that the PC wasn't involved in romance but got the job of matchmaker in finding Parvati a girlfriend.

DOS2's reminded me of Mass Effect in some ways; well, the specific way was that, having decided I'd try to woo Lohse, Sebille did Sebille in that she was fairly insistent and actually seemed a lot like Liara who was all bookish and insistent that asari weren't promiscuous, but deep and spritu- sex! Sex, Shepard, let's have sex right now! kind of thing.

It's a difficult one to get right and I'm not sure any game has yet managed it; they range from "it was okay", through a large patch of indifference and down to pointless or just bad. Though I'd like it see what they have to offer.

J'aime le fromage.
journeyman
journeyman
Amen. I enjoyed Sera's character in a very hit or miss kinda way. She definitely puts the Chaotic in Chaotic Good. My romanced companion would be Dorian, because aside from Iron Bull, too inter-species for me, he was the only one I could romance, and I didn't care for the fella too much. Way too mushy. As for Liara I felt the exact same way. I must say that Mass Effect provided me the best companion relationship experience. I pined after Kaiden since the first game, and being rewarded FINALLY in ME III felt incredibly rewarding, and with that relationship requiring actually taking time to build as opposed to a few correct lines of text made it feel much more real in a way. The romance with Kaiden really made up for all the flaws I found in the series.

S
veteran
veteran
S
youll romance everyone, at least bonk

journeyman
journeyman
If there are then I hope we get romance options for each race+both genders in and outside of the party with well written storylines.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard