Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
enthusiast
enthusiast
For the short rest, we consider the peace time between combat encounters as taking a short rest.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comme...q1?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by AnonySimon
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Originally Posted by AnonySimon
Also confirmed, Warlocks regain all spell slots in between combats:

Originally Posted by Larian_NickP
Yes, they will regain all their spell slots between combat encounters.

He didn't answer another questions relating that point but, why will we take sorcerer or other spellcaster then ?
Can someone explain (not in detail of course) the differences between warlock and other spellcaster ?

A level 10 Warlock has 2 spell slots. Total. The level 10 warlock can use its spell slots to cast spells it knows of 1st - 5th level.

A level 10 Sorcerer has 15 spell slots total divided among the various spell levels. Specifically, a level 10 sorcerer has 4 1st-level slots, 3 2nd-level slots, 3 3rd-level slots, 3 4th-level slots, and 2 5th-level slots.

In other words, the Warlock has very few spell slots, but makes it up for regaining ALL spell slots after a short rest (1 hour rest). The sorcerer on the other hand has alot of spell slots, but requires a long rest (8 hours of rest) to regain them.

Thanks for the answer!

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Gmazca
So far, there have been a few things revealed:

3. Spells will have a vocal component when casting.

I haven't seen any answer regarding that in the AmA,are you sure?

EDIT: Nevermind,I found it.

''Most likely cause we’ve been recording a lot of Latin lately laugh ...but we weren't finished in time for the public presentation.''

Originally Posted by Emrikol
From the AMA:

will we be able to hear the spell words while casting spells in the game? (as in the old series)

Most likely cause we’ve been recording a lot of Latin lately laugh ...but we weren't finished in time for the public presentation.

Thanks,you answered while I was editing xD

Last edited by Adgaroth; 12/03/20 09:31 PM.
addict
addict
From the AMA:

will we be able to hear the spell words while casting spells in the game? (as in the old series)

Most likely cause we’ve been recording a lot of Latin lately laugh ...but we weren't finished in time for the public presentation.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Adgaroth
Originally Posted by Gmazca
So far, there have been a few things revealed:

3. Spells will have a vocal component when casting.

I haven't seen any answer regarding that in the AmA,are you sure?

EDIT: Nevermind,I found it.

''Most likely cause we’ve been recording a lot of Latin lately laugh ...but we weren't finished in time for the public presentation.''

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comme...mz?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

addict
addict
%$#$ I went into epic levels in my neverwinter games, curious lv 10? " shakes head and walks away"

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
veteran
veteran
From the AMA https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/fhk1u3/im_swen_vincke_creative_director_at_larian/fkbwcis/

Is there any hope that we could see ritual casting, feats and multiclassing in BG3, as in D&D 5e?

Feats and multiclassing: yes. Ritual casting not for EA, but we have plans.

Sad news, but it´s good to know we would have multiclassing and feats as in PNP.

enthusiast
enthusiast
With regard to Warlock spell slots, it really depends on how many encounters there are between long rests. At lower character levels, they can quickly eclipse the number of spell slots of even primary casters, given 3+ encounters per rest. Also keep in mind that a Warlock's spell slots are of the highest spell level they can cast. So, primary casters may have more slots at some levels, but they certainly don't have as many high level slots, unless there is only 1 encounter per long rest.

veteran
veteran
So only level 10. Quite disappointing as it means the amazing high level spells won't make it.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by _Vic_
From the AMA https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/fhk1u3/im_swen_vincke_creative_director_at_larian/fkbwcis/

Is there any hope that we could see ritual casting, feats and multiclassing in BG3, as in D&D 5e?

Sad news, but it´s good to know we would have multiclassing and feats as in PNP.

"We have plans"
Ugh.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem

"We have plans"
Ugh.

Well that just means that ritual casting is not going to be in EA but we might get it in the full game I hope so anyway

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Warlock: Greetings my lord-
Cthulhu: LET ME SLEEP-
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Doomlord
%$#$ I went into epic levels in my neverwinter games, curious lv 10? " shakes head and walks away"

This game is going to be 100+ hours as is so it seems obvious to me that they are splitting it into BG3 and BG4 with maybe BG5 for epic levels.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by TheInfinitySock

"We have plans"
Ugh.

Well that just means that ritual casting is not going to be in EA but we might get it in the full game I hope so anyway

That is what it sounds like to me as well.

veteran
veteran

Originally Posted by Omegaphallic

Then why not just confirm it?

enthusiast
enthusiast
''Feats and multiclassing: yes. Ritual casting not for EA, but we have plans.''
My take on it: The system for rituals is not ready yet and we have more pressing priorities,we do have though some ideas on how to implement it for the full release.
I may be completly wrong of course.

old hand
old hand

Just a guess, but its still in the planning phase, under discussion on how to impliment it, so its not partially done like say feats or straight forward as multiclassing, but its just a guess. I mean we know they have some kind of plan for rituals, I just don't think work has began on putting them into the game yet. Just a guess

stranger
stranger

They seem to be trying to not over commit while not downplaying interest in implementing things they WANT to put in the game.

S
veteran
veteran
S
whats with people and wanting epic levels,s eirously the game completley falls apart at that level and has very little to do with a DnD adventure.
i personally prefer having a broader set of things to do in lower levels.
Reminder that most dnd campaigns dont make it past level 6 or so.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Sordak
whats with people and wanting epic levels,s eirously the game completley falls apart at that level and has very little to do with a DnD adventure.

Although you clearly seem to want a P&P experience, not everyone interested in the BG3 game even plays D&D; those that are primarily video games may well have different expectations.

SoA/ToB obviously managed high levels, and MotB was one the most enjoyable D&D video games I can remember, so it is possible to do higher-level games.

Having said that, I'm quite happy with lower levels given the TB-mechanics of 5e might slow down too much at high levels to make a decent video game.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by etonbears
Originally Posted by Sordak

Although you clearly seem to want a P&P experience, not everyone interested in the BG3 game even plays D&D; those that are primarily video games may well have different expectations.

SoA/ToB obviously managed high levels, and MotB was one the most enjoyable D&D video games I can remember, so it is possible to do higher-level games.

Having said that, I'm quite happy with lower levels given the TB-mechanics of 5e might slow down too much at high levels to make a decent video game.

Agreed NWN2 MotB did a great job on the higher levels so it's not impossible to go past level 20 in a DND video game

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Warlock: Greetings my lord-
Cthulhu: LET ME SLEEP-
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard