Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#663120 10/03/20 11:10 AM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
So do you lot think we will be able to import our own portraits in Baldur's Gate 3?

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Warlock: Greetings my lord-
Cthulhu: LET ME SLEEP-
journeyman
journeyman
No idea - but I would def. like to be able to do that.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by TheInfinitySock
So do you lot think we will be able to import our own portraits in Baldur's Gate 3?

Do you mean as a gimmick, because of the past? Or do you see an actual use for said function in this title?

Edit: In any case, if there will be mods, then there will be a mod for this - I would bet for sure.

Last edited by LaserOstrich; 10/03/20 11:31 AM.
addict
addict
Possibly only with mods (are mods confirmed btw?), but currently it appears to early to tell. The Portraits so far seen are of the 3d rendered characters and are themselves 3d? I am assuming depending on how deep chracter customisation goes, this is done so that the portrait matches the character model.

I have to say I do have a soft spot for the painted portraits of the previous titles though and even if those assets couldn't be used, I just like the art style of the painted pics.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Riandor
Possibly only with mods (are mods confirmed btw?), but currently it appears to early to tell. The Portraits so far seen are of the 3d rendered characters and are themselves 3d? I am assuming depending on how deep chracter customisation goes, this is done so that the portrait matches the character model.

I have to say I do have a soft spot for the painted portraits of the previous titles though and even if those assets couldn't be used, I just like the art style of the painted pics.

I also have a soft spot for painted portraits I have never really like 3d portraits

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Warlock: Greetings my lord-
Cthulhu: LET ME SLEEP-
veteran
veteran
I don't think so.
Custom portrait hasn't much sense if you can see the exact physics of your characters in videos.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 10/03/20 12:03 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
addict
addict
Just thinking out loud and probably being weird in the process... but it would be quite cool if the portraits for our Custom Characters/Origin Characters could be rendered by the program to look like a painting, medieval/Rennaissance affair, maybe with choices for background colours and design. Happy to toggle between that picture in alrge for my inventory and the 3d model for looking at the gear I have.

Yeah yeah, fanciful thinking, but hey, that's what forums are for hehe

S
veteran
veteran
S
the lack of painted portraits aggravates and relieves me at the same time.
Aggravate because i like the feature, but relieve because i know my autism cant force me to make my own portratis now

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard