Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
MasterServo #663761 13/03/20 09:51 PM
Joined: Aug 2013
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Aug 2013
So, no fights against Liches, Dragons, Illithids etc right? B/c lvl 10 seems like David vs Goliath


"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
Joined: May 2010
Location: Oxford
Duchess of Gorgombert
Offline
Duchess of Gorgombert
Joined: May 2010
Location: Oxford
Originally Posted by The Storyteller
Maybe too soon for talking about BG4...

Quite. I would expect another Divinity game beforehand and/or maybe something else (which is not an informed comment before anybody asks) so while the roadmap likely has the possibility of a BG4 pencilled in at some point in the future I doubt if there's much detail at the moment. Not while BG3 is still at a mid-point of its development.


J'aime le fromage.
MasterServo #663786 14/03/20 03:09 AM
Joined: Feb 2020
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Feb 2020
Hi, I disagree.

Larian made the right choice with lvl 10 cap.

Gives room for future expansions.

Go Larian!

vometia #663790 14/03/20 04:34 AM
Joined: Mar 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Mar 2020
Originally Posted by vometia
Originally Posted by The Storyteller
Maybe too soon for talking about BG4...

Quite. I would expect another Divinity game beforehand and/or maybe something else (which is not an informed comment before anybody asks) so while the roadmap likely has the possibility of a BG4 pencilled in at some point in the future I doubt if there's much detail at the moment. Not while BG3 is still at a mid-point of its development.

Agreed it is kind of pointless to talk about BG4 when BG3 has not even come out yet


Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Warlock: Greetings my lord-
Cthulhu: LET ME SLEEP-
MasterServo #663804 14/03/20 07:31 AM
Joined: Mar 2013
S
veteran
Offline
veteran
S
Joined: Mar 2013
oh no not the high level spells!
That means my wizard might not overshadow the entire rest of the campaign! ITs not fair casterbros NOOOOOO!

Im all seriousness we already know that Wish is in the game, stop beeing hyperbolic about this.
probably means high level spells are somethign story related. Which is good, nothing derails a Campaign faster than a Wizard casting Wish EVERY DAY.

>No fighting draogns, liches, illithids
t.no idea about dnd.
Mindflayers are CR.. 7? i think?
So youll fight one at level 10.
Maybe just not hundreds of em, Dragons come in variations of age last time i checked.
Liches are probably out unless they get nerfed, but thats alright, they arent the most fun antagonist to fight anyway

Sordak #663807 14/03/20 07:45 AM
Joined: Mar 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Mar 2020
Originally Posted by Sordak
oh no not the high level spells!
That means my wizard might not overshadow the entire rest of the campaign! ITs not fair casterbros NOOOOOO!

Im all seriousness we already know that Wish is in the game, stop beeing hyperbolic about this.
probably means high level spells are somethign story related. Which is good, nothing derails a Campaign faster than a Wizard casting Wish EVERY DAY.

>No fighting draogns, liches, illithids
t.no idea about dnd.
Mindflayers are CR.. 7? i think?
So youll fight one at level 10.
Maybe just not hundreds of em, Dragons come in variations of age last time i checked.
Liches are probably out unless they get nerfed, but thats alright, they arent the most fun antagonist to fight anyway

You do realize that you need to be at level 17 for a wizard to even cast the wish spell you should really check your facts first before trying to be clever all you have done is make yourself like stupid


Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Warlock: Greetings my lord-
Cthulhu: LET ME SLEEP-
MasterServo #663809 14/03/20 07:58 AM
Joined: Mar 2020
stranger
Offline
stranger
Joined: Mar 2020
Will level cap means that reaching level 10 will be very quick? I am hoping the game will last 200hours or more double the length of DOS2!

MasterServo #663815 14/03/20 09:01 AM
Joined: Mar 2013
S
veteran
Offline
veteran
S
Joined: Mar 2013
Yeah I made myself stupid

When Larian CONFIRMED the wish spell.
Check your own facts Doomer poster

Sordak #663816 14/03/20 09:16 AM
Joined: Mar 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Mar 2020
Originally Posted by Sordak
Yeah I made myself stupid

When Larian CONFIRMED the wish spell.
Check your own facts Doomer poster

I did but that does not mean you will be able to cast the wish spell there are other ways to get a wish have you ever hard of the deck of many things but even with the deck of many things you have to go thought the other cards to get to the wish card


Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Warlock: Greetings my lord-
Cthulhu: LET ME SLEEP-
MasterServo #663823 14/03/20 10:16 AM
Joined: Mar 2020
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Mar 2020
The level cap is insignificant. As long as the game is balanced right it doesn't matter what the level cap is.

However I do find it a bit amusing that a supposedly centuries old vampire would be a level 1 rogue, hah.

Last edited by anjovis bonus; 14/03/20 10:17 AM.
MasterServo #663824 14/03/20 10:21 AM
Joined: Jun 2014
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Jun 2014
Huh? Wish was confirmed?

anjovis bonus #663825 14/03/20 10:35 AM
Joined: Mar 2020
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
Joined: Mar 2020
Originally Posted by anjovis bonus

However I do find it a bit amusing that a supposedly centuries old vampire would be a level 1 rogue, hah.


I mean if he does not have most of the characteristic traits of a vampire spawn is he really a vampire spawn?
No resistance to nonmagical weapons, no regeneration, no spiderclimb on walls, no weaknesses (sunlight, water, ,,,). OK in Larians defense you can't really do it otherwise in a still balanced way.

Only occasionally drinks blood (no strong animalistic urge can easily decide against) and occasionally has sharp teeth.
If you take all characteristic things away then vampire is just a word.


I guess he is a Twilight Robert Pattinson vampire smile

MasterServo #663893 14/03/20 10:02 PM
Joined: Mar 2020
stranger
Offline
stranger
Joined: Mar 2020
Level cap of 10 is In line with most D&D adventure modules, Decent into Avernus is 1-13
The only published adventure I’ve ever done that’s spanned 1 -20 was the temple of elemental evil
I have 800+ hours into BG1 on steam and only half the achievements no idea how many hours I would have put into it when I was swapping discs
BG2 is much the same 950+ closer to 75% on achievements


MasterServo #663901 14/03/20 10:47 PM
Joined: Jan 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Jan 2020
As long as the story is well-written, and the gameplay is rewarding, I'm not sure the level cap matters much to me. Many D&D video games in the past have had either sequels or expansions soon after, so it woulld be a surprise if there no further plans at all.

But first, BG3 has to be well received and make money, otherwise there is little prospect of higher levels, toolset or DM mode. At this point, most of their decisions look like they are aiming towards their core audience rather than any massive expansion of appeal, and I would expect them to sell well to those that already like them.

anjovis bonus #663916 15/03/20 12:04 AM
Joined: Jun 2019
Location: Orion's Belt
member
Offline
member
Joined: Jun 2019
Location: Orion's Belt
Originally Posted by anjovis bonus
The level cap is insignificant. As long as the game is balanced right it doesn't matter what the level cap is.

However I do find it a bit amusing that a supposedly centuries old vampire would be a level 1 rogue, hah.



The second part of This ^


Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. Legion of Doom - Dungeons and Dragons online - server Orion -
Doom ~ Khazadoom ~ Nexus
Doomlord #663949 15/03/20 12:36 PM
Joined: Jan 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Jan 2020
Originally Posted by Doomlord
Originally Posted by anjovis bonus
The level cap is insignificant. As long as the game is balanced right it doesn't matter what the level cap is.

However I do find it a bit amusing that a supposedly centuries old vampire would be a level 1 rogue, hah.



The second part of This ^



He doesn't get out much smile

MasterServo #663950 15/03/20 01:05 PM
Joined: Jun 2019
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2019
In the monster manual, There is an option for Vampire Players. Larian probably just use that option for a Vampire Spawn at 1st level.

Joined: May 2010
Location: Oxford
Duchess of Gorgombert
Offline
Duchess of Gorgombert
Joined: May 2010
Location: Oxford
Originally Posted by Nobody_Special
In the monster manual,

I read that as "it's in the Monster Mash". I think my insomnia is getting to me, I need a lie down.


J'aime le fromage.
anjovis bonus #663955 15/03/20 01:58 PM
Joined: Jul 2019
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Jul 2019
Originally Posted by anjovis bonus
The level cap is insignificant. As long as the game is balanced right it doesn't matter what the level cap is.

However I do find it a bit amusing that a supposedly centuries old vampire would be a level 1 rogue, hah.

And a pretty weak one at that. Only 15 Dex?
Seems like he hasn't trained in 500 years.

MasterServo #663991 15/03/20 05:19 PM
Joined: Mar 2020
Banned
Offline
Banned
Joined: Mar 2020
content removed by user

Last edited by qhristoff; 15/03/20 05:45 PM.
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5