Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
The BG3 10 level cap pretty much confirms BG4 as far as I'm concerned. No way they just end things at level 10, they are going to need a sequel like BG1 had BG2 and Throne of Bhaal to finish leveling up. Perhaps by BG5 5e will finally have proper epic/mythic levels.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I was also thinking the same thing with the level cap being level ten but BG3 needs to be a great game to make another BG game

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Warlock: Greetings my lord-
Cthulhu: LET ME SLEEP-
apprentice
apprentice
Well it doesn't confirm that at all, a DnD story doesn't need to involve level 20 shenanigans (but bg4 would be nice)

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Schuesseled
Well it doesn't confirm that at all, a DnD story doesn't need to involve level 20 shenanigans (but bg4 would be nice)

Yes but it does look like there are going to do the same thing as BG1 and BG2 with save importing I mean if BG3 is just a one off thing why have the level cap at level ten?

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
enthusiast
enthusiast
When BG1 and BG2 came out. They were limited by the number of levels they had at first. They were increased by expansions.

The BG1 EE and BG2 EE are combining the game with all expansions into one. Thus you don't see the split in levels of the games.

There doesn't need to be a BG4...Just an expansion.

BG1 Level 8 cap
BG1 Expansion Level 10 cap

BG2 Level 20 cap
BG2 Expansion Level 40 cap.

And nonhuman races were limited on how high in a class they could reach.

N
old hand
old hand
N
How about an expansion?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Nobody_Special
When BG1 and BG2 came out. They were limited by the number of levels they had at first. They were increased by expansions.

The BG1 EE and BG2 EE are combining the game with all expansions into one. Thus you don't see the split in levels of the games.

There doesn't need to be a BG4...Just an expansion.

BG1 Level 8 cap
BG1 Expansion Level 10 cap

BG2 Level 20 cap
BG2 Expansion Level 40 cap.

And nonhuman races were limited on how high in a class they could reach.

Well if we do get expansions for BG3 like in NWN I can live with that smile

addict
addict

Are there any plans for DLC?

No there are no plans for DLC.

DLC isn't necessarily the same as an expansion, so I just assume that there are currently no plans for DLC or that they see DLC as a small update and instead are planning on something larger. I find it hard to believe that they intend for this to be the beginning and the end.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Emrikol

Are there any plans for DLC?

No there are no plans for DLC.

DLC isn't necessarily the same as an expansion, so I just assume that there are currently no plans for DLC or that they see DLC as a small update and instead are planning on something larger. I find it hard to believe that they intend for this to be the beginning and the end.

It does same there are planning on carrying on BG3 to BG4 but it needs to do well which I hope it does the last thing I need is to play another Sword Coast Legends

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert

It's what Larian does: they don't "do" either DLC or expansions. The closest we've seen is Flames of Vengeance for Divinity 2 but the reality is that it was the final chapter that the publisher didn't give them time to finish.

J'aime le fromage.
addict
addict
To me BG 1+2 is pretty much one game. But it is also a product of its time.
I don't want to wait 3+ years for my BG3 character to reach lvl 20. I think they should reconsider this.

veteran
veteran
Aren't mindflayers high level enemies? Up to level 10 suggest to me a low level adventure, yet what was marketed so far a high level threats.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Aren't mindflayers high level enemies? Up to level 10 suggest to me a low level adventure, yet what was marketed so far a high level threats.

Nope, they are CR 7~8 enemies. Meaning that one Mindflayer is a boss enemy for a party of 4 lvl 8 characters.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by vometia

It's what Larian does: they don't "do" either DLC or expansions. The closest we've seen is Flames of Vengeance for Divinity 2 but the reality is that it was the final chapter that the publisher didn't give them time to finish.

Well I hope we do get a expansion pack for BG3 to be able to level up to 20 I really don't like the idea of only being able to go up to level ten and nothing more that would be very disappointing and my pug Sophie would not be a happy pug
[Linked Image]

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by TheInfinitySock
Well I hope we do get a expansion pack for BG3 to be able to level up to 20 I really don't like the idea of only being able to go up to level ten and nothing more that would be very disappointing and my pug Sophie would not be a happy pug

Is that the RL sock at the bottom of the picture?

J'aime le fromage.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by vometia
Originally Posted by TheInfinitySock

Is that the RL sock at the bottom of the picture?

I think it is a sock my mother got some socks for Christmas from my brother

Originally Posted by Danielbda

Nope, they are CR 7~8 enemies. Meaning that one Mindflayer is a boss enemy for a party of 4 lvl 8 characters.

Which is interesting, because one of the character's master is a CR 13(?) enemy. I wonder if we'll get resolution for that character now, or if they won't be following CR, or if we just won't see any awesome enemies beyond a CR 10.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Blade238

Which is interesting, because one of the character's master is a CR 13(?) enemy. I wonder if we'll get resolution for that character now, or if they won't be following CR, or if we just won't see any awesome enemies beyond a CR 10.

Is that the vampire lord? Where did they release this?

Originally Posted by Blade238

Is that the vampire lord? Where did they release this?

Not released, but speculation. An origin character is a spawn whose master is a vampire. Vampires are listed as a CR 13 enemy in 5E, thus I would assume that this origin character's master is within such a range.

addict
addict

Not released, but speculation. An origin character is a spawn whose master is a vampire. Vampires are listed as a CR 13 enemy in 5E, thus I would assume that this origin character's master is within such a range.

Well even if that is the case, it could be an optional boss fight. A party with strong lvl 10 characters can take on a CR 13 enemy. On my tabletop game my lvl 6 party killed a Death Knight (CR 17).

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard