Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#664253 17/03/20 04:09 PM
T
Torque Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Looking good while adventuring is of great importance. The wizard robes in the classic looked so fucking good, I swear even 20 years later it still holds up.Especially the Robe of Archmagi, all that was missing was the pointy wizards hat.

addict
addict
Next up on the catwalk, The Gandalf Spring Collection... smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
Next up are the Tattered Rags of the Beggar and his bowl for collecting Alms for the poor.

Originally Posted by etonbears
Next up on the catwalk, The Gandalf Spring Collection... smile

Hey, hey, these things are important. Some of us like to adventure sexy, not practical. Seriously though, a transmutation system to apply the stats of some gear to the appearance of other gear would go a long way.

S
veteran
veteran
S
Neverwinter Nights absoluteley had the right idea...
tbh. BG3 right now is too renaissacne for me. i like the renaissance but specifically for forgotten realms i enjoy that its a kitchen sink fantasy setting and for that enjoy... "medieval" stuff as envisoned by highschoolers i guess.

Also frazetta levels of nudity.
I mean its FR, its basically a magical realm.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Just so long as we don't get hats like in Dragon Age Origins in Baldur's Gate 3 I will be fine
[img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...us.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110209233056[/img]

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Warlock: Greetings my lord-
Cthulhu: LET ME SLEEP-
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I want nice shoes, and a big choice of them. My idea of "nice" doesn't necessarily correspond with anyone else's, nor whatever was yesterday's idea of nice.

I also want silly hats. That one from Dragon Age Oranges is a good start.

J'aime le fromage.
S
veteran
veteran
S
>Hating on silly hats.
no youre wrong.
silly hats are great.
So are tights, pointy shoes and roman battleskirts.

Basically if your character doesnt look like hes about to burst into a JoJo pose, he isnt fashionable enaugh

enthusiast
enthusiast
I want a bonafide Jester's hat for my bard. silly

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by vometia
I want nice shoes, and a big choice of them. My idea of "nice" doesn't necessarily correspond with anyone else's, nor whatever was yesterday's idea of nice.

I also want silly hats. That one from Dragon Age Oranges is a good start.

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
enthusiast
enthusiast
I hope we can get a bikini armor in BG3 funny thing is there do sell bikini armors in Faerun in the book Brimstone Angels one of the character wanted to buy one but her father said no I really can't blame him for that lol
[Linked Image]

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Sordak
Neverwinter Nights absoluteley had the right idea...
tbh. BG3 right now is too renaissacne for me. i like the renaissance but specifically for forgotten realms i enjoy that its a kitchen sink fantasy setting and for that enjoy... "medieval" stuff as envisoned by highschoolers i guess.

Also frazetta levels of nudity.
I mean its FR, its basically a magical realm.

This is FR 100 years later than BG2, so maybe it's going to look like Europe in 1500.

The vampire spawn slashed doublet immediately looked wrong to me, but, of course the best armour sets were more renaissance than medieval, so that's a plus.

The Italianate city architecture looked a bit fragile too, but there were also pretty heavy city fortifications ( like Nuremberg ) still common in the Europe of 1500.

The Witcher 3 did a reasonable job depicting a similar period, but then that referenced Northern European rather than Italian influences.

S
veteran
veteran
S
actually theres a lore reason that theres medieval stasis in faerun, so no, technology doesnt realy advance and ti beeign a ktchen sink, the "historical period" of fashion depend slargley on WHERE you are not on WHEN you are (like Unter which is sitll ancient egypt somehow)

and well, my point is that i dont realy thik renaissance is apropriate for BG3.i prefer the full deal of high middle ages.
i cant even tell you why. i guess i liked it when dragons dogma did it.
Just full on post dark ages medieval flair, just go all the way for once.

FR or greyhawk are probably the best settings to go that way

apprentice
apprentice
And color slider PLEASE!
If I want to play with a necromancer, I want to create a dark look smile

I would like a set for my wizard similar to Bone King set (Dark Souls 2)
[Linked Image]

T
Torque Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by Erwin Smith
And color slider PLEASE!
If I want to play with a necromancer, I want to create a dark look smile

I would like a set for my wizard similar to Bone King set (Dark Souls 2)
[Linked Image]

Oh yea, individual color sliders would be great aswell.

addict
addict
I feel dark souls 3 does a EPIC job of making so many different armor sets. The best I've seen to date. You can combine the set to fit your own taste as well.

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Never played the Souls series; vaguely interested, but I suspect I'd just get pwned considering I am not good at combat and slow to figure out even fairly rudimentary tactics.

I think for me, what I'd like to see with BG3 is for it to be moddable, so I can add or change stuff as I see fit. I would expect (perhaps naïvely) that it'll be similar to the Original Sins in that regard, so we should see a toolset sooner or later but will also see the rather modder-unfriendly Granny format too, though if it catches Norbyte's interest he'll likely update his extraction/conversion tool to do its thing.

J'aime le fromage.
S
veteran
veteran
S
dark souls is all about trial and error realy
you can get good at mechanics like parrying, but at the end of the day dark souls is about constantly learning and adapting to the enemies and enviroments

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by vometia
Never played the Souls series; vaguely interested, but I suspect I'd just get pwned considering I am not good at combat and slow to figure out even fairly rudimentary tactics.

I think for me, what I'd like to see with BG3 is for it to be moddable, so I can add or change stuff as I see fit. I would expect (perhaps naïvely) that it'll be similar to the Original Sins in that regard, so we should see a toolset sooner or later but will also see the rather modder-unfriendly Granny format too, though if it catches Norbyte's interest he'll likely update his extraction/conversion tool to do its thing.

It's running on the same engine, I doubt that it's a big investment to make it modable and general trend is "modable is free content" and Larian have been very consumer friendly so far.

Last edited by TadasGa; 18/03/20 09:34 AM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by TadasGa
It's running on the same engine, I doubt that it's a big investment to make it modable and general trend is "modable is free content" and Larian have been very consumer friendly so far.

The same-"ish". It'll have been significantly updated by the time BG3 is ready for release and I dare say file formats and what-not may change, much the same as with Morrowind to Oblivion to Skyrim. Though the basics were the same, each one still required new tools to be made available so I'm not expecting to have e.g. a GR2 converter available from the outset, unless there's a specific effort to include one.

J'aime le fromage.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard