Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Eguzky Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
So, in the other forum, someone said crushing or incinerating the head, then doing resurrection, will cure the person of the tadpole. So my mind went to this:

3 Peasants are standing in a circle. One looks worried. ANother has a rusty, old mace. The third is just watching on.
Mace-wielding peasant to the Worried Pesant: 'Bill! BILL! I have a cure! I'm gonna pulp your head with this here rusty mace I got from the town watch. It may take me a few swings; I'm not one o' them 'venturin types. Then me and Zed here are gonna do some odd jobs to make the money to resurrect you with a scroll. Shant take us more than, oh..five years? Bill? Why are you runnin!? BILL!'

Last edited by Eguzky; 21/03/20 01:02 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Warlock: Greetings my lord-
Cthulhu: LET ME SLEEP-
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Eguzky

3 Peasants are standing in a circle. One looks worried. ANother has a rusty, old mace. The third is just watching on.
Mace-wielding peasant to the Worried Pesant: 'Bill! BILL! I have a cure! I'm gonna pulp your head with this here rusty mace I got from the town watch. It may take me a few swings; I'm not one o' them 'venturin types. Then me and Zed here are gonna do some odd jobs to make the money to resurrect you with a scroll. Shant take us more than, oh..five years? Bill? Why are you runnin!? BILL!'

That sounds very familiar, where's it from?

Eguzky Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Madaras

Nowhere. I made it up when I read that a head smashing & resurrection can cure a mindflayer tadpole.

journeyman
journeyman
I think I read that in a D&D manual related to mindflayers. That or i'm having some strange deja vu moment.

Eguzky Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I think I read that in a D&D manual related to mindflayers. That or i'm having some strange deja vu moment.

I've only ever owned the Pathfinder PHB, and the core rulebook so *Shrug*

enthusiast
enthusiast

Nowhere. I made it up when I read that a head smashing & resurrection can cure a mindflayer tadpole.

I find this on steam I think it is the same person

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
veteran
veteran
You can cure intellect devourer infestation with a protection from evil or a wish spell, I suppose you can try it with a slug in your brain too, but I like the way the OP thinks
Headsmash it is...

[Linked Image]

Last edited by _Vic_; 21/03/20 06:14 PM.
veteran
veteran
Considering it is a different kind of tadpole, I imagine it wil also be explained why it can't be simply removed by usual means, be it priest spell or head smashing.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Considering it is a different kind of tadpole, I imagine it wil also be explained why it can't be simply removed by usual means, be it priest spell or head smashing.

I was thinking that myself that would be to easy to just go to a priest and have them remove it

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard