Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
* if nothing will change in final version of the game.

1. Remove or change "overpowered looking" effects from low level spells and abilities.

2. Completely remove unncessary effects from normal attacks including camera shaking, also make jumping more natural not looking like from anime, japanese games etc.

3. Some UI mod that will make it look more Balduran (stone, wood motive etc.)

4. Change feats and skills icons to match new UI style which will diversify it from DOS2 style.

4. Add character portraits and place them on top right side of the screen not on the bottom (keeping old D&D games style like BG1&2 or NWN1&2 is important) and make it possible for players to use their own portraits.

5. Free the camera for players so we can move it further from characters and on different angles e.g. looking at the sky would be nice (if there is one since from what I remember doing that in DOS2 resulted in black - non existent skybox and drastic frame rate drop).

6. Add option to move character with buttons (wsad).

7. Make real time with pouse combat mod XD - I'm joking the core game mechanic would probably had to be made from scratch by a single person which would take years, also access to the source code and editor...

Last edited by mhroczyn; 18/06/20 10:09 PM. Reason: spelling
S
veteran
veteran
S
AAAAA MUH ANIME
Come on.
Baldurs Gate invented screenshake. get a grip.

veteran
veteran
The game is in pre-alpha. This is not the final UI.

A
addict
addict
A
actually i was wondering.. do they actually have to make everyone during combat doing the shaking dance? also shooting an arrow with very impactful effects only ended up a "miss". however, really digging into their improvement on the characters facial and appearance. still need rework on their animations and talking. it's looks really nice at the moment. perhaps maybe the VFX ... even the jump is really over the top. character was supposed to sneak around and also the clever use of jump. and imagine that huge hulk jump sound when landed and enemies didn't seems to notice it. that feels abit out of context.

apprentice
apprentice
Yeah, when in stealth, jumping should have a different "sound effect " at least. Having your own portrait also is a big Baldur's Gate staple.

stranger
stranger
I can fully agree with point 2, the graphic direction is also moderate to me for marvel cartoon, more mood please and more real, like last of us 2, I mean the faces, they are much more real and they make you feel more atmospheric

and point 5 is also very important important it shouldn't be worse than with sin 2, although I really liked the proximity and the angle of the camera

Last edited by Wolfenring75; 18/06/20 08:19 PM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by mhroczyn

1. Remove or change "overpowered looking" effects from low level spells and abilities.

Yes, there is zero subtlety in the current spell effects, every so simple spell is maxxed to 11. And the sound effects are equally blunt. Firespell - BOOM! Heals - BOOM!

2. Completely remove unncessary effects from normal attacks including camera shaking, also make jumping more natural not looking like from anime, japanese games etc.

The Hulk jumps look so stupid, it's ridiculous.

4. Change feats and skills icons to match new UI style which will diversify it from DOS2 style.

I dislike the icon style aswell. I'd use solid runes instead of volatile glowing effects.

But I fear the art direction train has left the station long ago. Those huge cartoony goblin hands reminded me of that.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by mhroczyn
* if nothing will change in final version of the game.

3. Some UI mod that will make it look more Balduran (stone, wood motive etc.)

4. Add character portraits and place them on top right side of the screen not on the bottom (keeping old D&D games style like BG1&2 or NWN1&2 is important) and make it possible for players to use their own portraits.

5. Free the camera for players so we can move it further from characters and on different angles e.g. looking at the sky would be nice (if there is one since from what I remember doing that in DOS2 resulted in black - non existent skybox and drastic frame rate drop).

6. Add option to move character with buttons (wsad).

7. Make real time with pouse combat mod XD - I'm joking the core game mechanic would probably had to be made from scratch by a single person which would took years, also access to the source code and editor...

I totally agree with this list.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard