Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#669078 21/06/20 08:41 PM
addict
OP Offline
addict
Bounties are an Obsidian thing. Even though they were present in BG, and strangely were kinda forgotten in BG2, they can be found in most Obsidian RPGs and are among my favorite things in their games.
Bounties are optional quests or tasks that grant:
- Cool fights with unique enemies, normally higher in difficulty compared to the average encounter
- Unique Loot
- Tons of money and exp (one of the best ways to make money and level fast in PoE games)

I have so much fun with them that I don't see any reason for a CRPG not to have them. So what about implement them in BG3 as a means to level faster and get some top notch gear? I mean, can you think of a better way to get an Oathbow than killing a famous Ranger for it?

To complement this idea, bounties could also have an impact on your reputation. You could get bounties to kill both criminals and famous heroes, maybe even characters from the Forgotten Realms lore, adding some interaction with your alignment and RP to the whole thing.

Last edited by Danielbda; 21/06/20 10:04 PM.
veteran
veteran
I like when these are a part of a short but coherent side quest (with NPCs talking to you, explaining their story, etc...)...
...But I really don't like when there's a NPC or a wooden board waiting for you always at the same place giving you bounties one by one depending your level.

So yes, that could be something I love... Depending how it is implemented.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 21/06/20 09:55 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
I understand the appeal for some people. Not really a fan of missions that send you to kill "enemy X" just because "there´s a bounty" like in the first POE or Dragon age. Sometimes you do not even have a dialogue, you talk to a posting board.

It would be ok if they do it in the way PoE2 did it, a game you can ask information about the bounty targets and why they must be killed or KOTOR, where you have the possibility of talking to the targets and help them if you deem them worthy.

Last edited by _Vic_; 22/06/20 04:55 AM.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard