Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Lantir Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I think it would be really fun if, midway through the game, your party meets a renegade Illithid/Mind Flayer that you can allow to join your party. As a renegade, he has no access to the hive mind, so doesn't have all of his powers. Could make him be a high intelligence wizard with double damage / effects with any psionic spell. Could be up to you if you trust him enough to let him join, at least one party member could have a serious issue with it. What do you all think? Up vote and reply if you want this in the game. I hearby grant Larian full rights to use this idea without anything in return.

Last edited by Lantir; 06/07/20 05:20 PM. Reason: grammar
veteran
veteran
As long as we can romance it.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Wormerine

LOL

The greatest of evils we face may lie within
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Wormerine

Made my day! laugh

Illithids have a totally different mindset. They would never join a group for any reason. They might 'use' a group but that would not end well either. wink

W
veteran
veteran
W
Illithids don't have non-Illithid companions, they have slaves. Also, I don't think an illithid can come within 5 miles of an Elder Brain and resist sublimation into the colony.

veteran
veteran
We can put the ilithid a tadpole, seems the panacea to avoid any nuisances in any character, like vampires walking in daylight, drows not blinded by light, etcetera

Oh, wait...

Last edited by _Vic_; 07/07/20 09:19 AM.
W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by _Vic_
We can put the ilithid a tadpole, seems the panacea to avoid any nuisances in any character, like vampires walking in daylight, drows not blinded by light, etcetera

Oh, wait...

Yo dawg, I heard you like Illithids. so I put an illithid in your illithid so you can illithid while you illithid.

Last edited by Warlocke; 07/07/20 09:27 AM.
veteran
veteran
Interesting idea

By the way:
Can Illithids infect each other?
So one of them messed up real hard and the others punish him by inserting a toadpole, his brain is eaten and he is "reborn" as somebody else.
This could be considered a bigger punishment than just torturing or killing him.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
apprentice
apprentice
Two tadpoles infecting a single character... would the result be two conjoined illithid twins? Then maybe you could be romancing one but not the other, unless mind tricked to do so. Then the other would go mad. I mean, seems easy stuff to implement. Until you Clone them to fill your party slots. And you’re playing a gnome.

stranger
stranger
It would definitely be an interesting point of contention in the game if an Illithid were able to join the party. It likely would cause some inner party conflict especially when it comes to removing the tadpoles from the other characters (further jeopardizing the Mindflayer race), or if the renegade Illithid fell under the control of an Elder Brain once more.

Last edited by Noneed2hate; 09/07/20 12:50 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Great idea! I hope something like this appears in the game.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard