Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
veteran
OP Offline
veteran

Last edited by Wormerine; 08/07/20 06:58 PM.
veteran
veteran
Good interview, thx!

It´s great news that they´re still working with the improvements for the ranger class.

One thing that amused me is that they´re gonna keep some of the vampire spawn weaknesses like Forbiddance.( The vampire can't enter a residence without an invitation from one of the occupants) or Harmed by Running Water. (The vampire takes 20 acid damage when it ends its turn in running water)

Astarion the rogue vampire could have some amusing scenes with this. "Hi, I´m your friendly rogue vampire, and I need to scout and burglarize your settlement with my sneaky skills, may I ask you for an invite so I could come in? - Angry mob throws him into a cascade-)

veteran
veteran
Yeah there were some interesting bits of new information. The most obvious things for me was that there is a strong incentive for me to try and cheat the system to get my whole party adjacent to each other in the initiative sequence. That, or hopefully someone makes a mod to achieve that same end result.

I also hope there will be a toggle to turn off the stupid dice above your head thing (or any dice rolls on the screen for that matter). Check dice rolls belong in the same place as all other rolls, a small dialog box in a corner of the screen.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by kanisatha

The most obvious things for me was that there is a strong incentive for me to try and cheat the system to get my whole party adjacent to each other in the initiative sequence.

After hearing him, I think I might be liking system quite a bit. There isn't inherent advantage to going at once, rather then enemy inbetween no? It just you have bigger flexibility in character interaction if they are adjacent to each other. It might be a very smart compromise between individual & team order.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Thanks for posting. I am super excited about what I am hearing with rogues and stealth.

veteran
veteran
It's good to see new things about the game but I really really hope they'll calm down on their surfaces...
This is a cool mecanic, I totally love that but it looks a little bit ridiculous everytime there's one ATM...

https://youtu.be/rHzXgnvNCT4?t=792
https://youtu.be/rHzXgnvNCT4?t=52
https://youtu.be/rHzXgnvNCT4?t=484

Last edited by Maximuuus; 07/07/20 09:11 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Originally Posted by kanisatha

The most obvious things for me was that there is a strong incentive for me to try and cheat the system to get my whole party adjacent to each other in the initiative sequence.

After hearing him, I think I might be liking system quite a bit. There isn't inherent advantage to going at once, rather then enemy inbetween no? It just you have bigger flexibility in character interaction if they are adjacent to each other. It might be a very smart compromise between individual & team order.

Well not quite. You still are relying considerably on random chance to get two or more of your party adjacent to one another. And the odds are very much against you. Hence my reference to finding ways to cheat the system. And for me it's not even really any character interactions as such. These so-called interactions and "combos" don't impress me much. For me it is all about me as the player having control over when my party members go, and not having the game dictate this to me.

The combat system is still horrible overall as far as I am concerned. So it continues to be about finding as many ways as I can to short-circuit combat and get through it as fast as I possibly can. So the thing I'm waiting to learn about most of all is what kind of difficulty optimizations the game will have, in particular if I will be able to change the difficulty settings freely at any point in the game, so that I can drop it to very low for the combats while keeping it at normal for everything outside of combat.

veteran
veteran
Great interview, I can´t wait for the other parts.

Please post it in this forum when it comes out.

PS: Do we have a thread: "News and interviews about BG3" were all those infos are collected?

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
enthusiast
enthusiast
Here is Part 2 of the RPS Interview

Evil always finds a way.
journeyman
journeyman
Interesting bit at the end re: choosing reactions - Nick was taking about Fighters but I was thinking Paladin smite smile and about implementing Protection fighting style. Yes!

The greatest of evils we face may lie within
W
veteran
veteran
W
Very cool. It is interesting that the level cap isn’t set in stone. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for lvl 12.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Also to note Short rests are limited between Long Rests now, not automatic anymore. So you have to be careful about how you use your spells. Quite vexing for a Warlock with limited spell slots and whose magic replenishes via short rests. Probably have to go as a Wizard, if I want to get the most out of a caster class.

Evil always finds a way.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Also, notice the Halfling agent from the Zhentarim. Faction confirmed!

Evil always finds a way.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by TheAscendent
Also to note Short rests are limited between Long Rests now, not automatic anymore. So you have to be careful about how you use your spells. Quite vexing for a Warlock with limited spell slots and whose magic replenishes via short rests. Probably have to go as a Wizard, if I want to get the most out of a caster class.

Both long and short rests

This game is shaping up to be a classic, going beyond BG1&2

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by TheAscendent

If you get 2 short rests a day that is potentially 6 spells used a day, which feels accurate for how the warlock is supposed to be played. Being able to refresh all your spells without limit between each battle would have been broken.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Warlocke
Very cool. It is interesting that the level cap isn’t set in stone. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for lvl 12.

Yes.. that is really big news. Last I heard it was capped at level 10. I would welcome more levels.

Also, he mentioned that the team had discussed the wish spell. That's a 9th level spell.... Makes one wonder 😊

enthusiast
enthusiast
True. I can live with that so long as I get myself some infernal magic, a snarky imp familiar and excellent eldritch invocations, I will be content.

Evil always finds a way.
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Sequenze

Yes.. that is really big news. Last I heard it was capped at level 10. I would welcome more levels.

Yeah. Sounds like they are not ideologically opposed to more levels, but aren't willing to commit to more at this point in time.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Sequenze
Originally Posted by Warlocke

Also, he mentioned that the team had discussed the wish spell. That's a 9th level spell.... Makes one wonder 😊

I imagine some might wish for such a thing. wink

Last edited by TheAscendent; 08/07/20 08:53 PM.

Evil always finds a way.
veteran
veteran
The guy talked a lot about "keeping things moving along" and "not breaking the flow" in combat. Hahaha. Made me laugh out loud. Seemed rather ridiculous an expectation to have given that TB combat by definition does NOT keep things moving along and DOES break the flow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard