Print Thread
Page 23 of 26 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 26
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by The Composer
Originally Posted by Tocketz
Originally Posted by Trynd
Originally Posted by Elledain
Guys, they are busy they have just announced the cost of Early Access ... 59.99 euros ... come on maybe in a few months they will remember us poor Italians ... maybe ...

I will spend that money for AC Valhalla or Cyberpunk, both with italian localization.
I will not support a software house that keeps ignoring our country and language for decades now.

I agree... I really don't understand their position, they said it's not a money problem so what is?? I think they don't care and want have a free traduction from Italian traductors...

While a game is in development, a lot of text and dialogue is prone to undergo many changes, additions, removals, etc. It probably makes most sense to limit translations to a minimal degree until the material that needs translation is set in stone. Having to constantly translate and re-translate edits as development goes along is enough work with just English alone, any extra language on top of that imposes a lot more work on both those involved in translation directly, and supervisors / organizers and editors to divert extra time and effort into every extra translation.

I imagine it's more of a "Make the game first, everything else after." sort of thing.

After all that has happened...Italian yes, Italian no, Italian perhaps, I don't want to give you 60 euros in the hope of a future Italian localization...also by giving you 60 euros I contribute to other translations that I will never use and this does not seem to me quite right.
It is a question of principle.
Too bad 60 euros clean for my part lost, but being the buyer it seems right to show my disappointment for your behavior.
In the future I am ready to change your mind if you show respect for the Italian fans.

(Ita: Dopo tutto quello che è successo ... italiano sì, italiano no, italiano forse, non voglio darvi 60 euro nella speranza di una futura localizzazione italiana ... inoltre dandovi 60 euro contribuisco ad altre traduzioni che non userò mai e questo non mi sembra giusto.
È una questione di principio.
Peccato 60 euro puliti da parte mia persi, ma essendo l'acquirente mi sembra giusto mostrare il mio disappunto per il vostro comportamento.
In futuro sono pronto a cambiare idea se mostrate rispetto per i fan italiani.)

Originally Posted by Trynd

Are you aware that this software house, since their first game released 18 years ago, never bothered to add italian localization in any of their games right?
We have both DOS 1 and 2 translated only because a handful of skilled and "brave" volunteers offered theirselves to do this insane work for free, otherwise we would never had DOS games translated at all.
Why should I expect that Larian will eventually add italian localization after they "made the game first, everything else after"?

(Ita: PAROLE SANTE!)

You got that right!

Last edited by Elledain; 05/09/20 12:47 PM.
stranger
stranger
il solo fatto di fissare il prezzo dell'early access a 60 dollari/euro mostra con evidenza quanto larian sia in fatto di scelte commerciali sia a livello comunicativo faccia acqua da tutte le parti (dall'annuncio del gioco ad oggi).. conosco e gioco alla saga da 20 anni e passa (con parecchi anni di d&d 3 e 3.5 in mezzo e le enhanced editions) ma purtroppo al contrario di molti altri ero davvero amareggiato che tra tutte le software house in circolazione proprio loro dovevano raccogliere questa "eredità videoludica" visti i loro trascorsi con i 2 divinity mai cagati di pezza nella nostra lingua. speravo che, trattandosi non di un kickstater ma della pietra miliare dei giochi di ruolo in assoluto, le cose sarebbero andate diversamente.. e invece ecco che puntualmente si ricasca nelle solite stronzate delle loro dichiarazioni a membro di segugio: prima doveva essere tradotto e forse localizzato (mai creduto nella seconda ipotesi, figuriamoci), poi niente traduzione nell'EA e poi niente traduzioni a gioco completo per poi leggere del signor raze che manco fossimo ad un colloquio di lavoro spara un: "vi faremo sapere" sparendo dalla circolazione. ma io dico gli ci voleva molto prima di illudere un sacco di potenziali acquirenti dire sin dall'inizio a noi della lingua italiana non fotte una sega?? invece di tirare in ballo costi di traduzione (ho letto cifre assurdi e non solo qua dentro di svariate centinaia di migliaia di euro per i soli sub ita), poi leggere che il problema non sono i soldi ma cambiamenti e/o variazioni di progetto (cazzo vuol dire?) e poi leggere ancora di mercato non renumerativo.. ora capisco che lo spagnolo sia molto più diffuso della nostra lingua ma sinceramente ho i miei dubbi a riguardo di paesi come ecuador, uruguay, cile, perù, colombia, honduras, venezuela e compagnia bella siano tutti videogiocatori incalliti o che li ci siano miliardi di appassionati di D&D.. questi sono miei pensieri e come per il discorso dei costi di traduzione interessano fino ad un certo punto perchè non è il mio lavoro e non sono pagato da nessuno, anzi ci sono i statistici e chi si occupa delle ingadini di mercato per queste cose.. so soltanto che laddove il gioco lo avrei comprato al d1 (e si forse sarei stato quasi contento di tirare fuori 50/60€ per l'early access nonostante il prezzo assolutamente inadeguato) se questi sono i presupposti per me può bellamente rimanere sullo scaffale, virtuale e non. spero davvero che gli allegri buffoni o i tiger non cadano nuovamente nella trappola dei larian ovvero fare il lavoro al posto di chi si becca tutti i soldi senza venire manco ringraziati (e stronzo io che l'ho pure comprato dos)

Last edited by Axelfrass84; 05/09/20 02:02 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Well yes, it's called "working". If it was not entered, the Italian was not in their interests. If it has not been clearly stated: "During the early access we will not succeed, but at the full release there will be the Italian" means that it is not and will not be in their projects. Come on, I repeat for the last time, here we are talking about Baldur's Gate !! Not a little SoftwareHouse game found on KickStarter! Larian has his reasons, I respect them...
But at the end of the day he doesn't care about our languages, just like other languages. Try to do it to the French, or to the Germans, to the Poles and singing company ... Potentially they could have played it in English, since they know it better than us Italians ... Simple and clear as water, Larian is leveraging the Brand D&D and on the Name Baldur's Gate, to create a new game ... which does not keep in consideration the videogame heritage behind this name...

It is written Baldur's Gate3, but is pronounced Divinity Original Sin 3 ... It's bothering you? Amen

Last edited by Maco; 05/09/20 06:07 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
notizia fresca fresca in edicola vendono romanzi di d&d in italiano un applauso a larian!! guardate sul sito!! http://www.librifantasy-hf.it/?cook...T0EX4YmOwyMF0fjQkHRTlEZhe4r-J8NqC5H8svo8

S
stranger
stranger
S
You are really treating us, but truly shamefully. It's not fair and it's not professional.

** Translated by google

Last edited by Sirius_Bk; 06/09/20 10:34 AM.
stranger
stranger

While a game is in development, a lot of text and dialogue is prone to undergo many changes, additions, removals, etc. It probably makes most sense to limit translations to a minimal degree until the material that needs translation is set in stone. Having to constantly translate and re-translate edits as development goes along is enough work with just English alone, any extra language on top of that imposes a lot more work on both those involved in translation directly, and supervisors / organizers and editors to divert extra time and effort into every extra translation.

I imagine it's more of a "Make the game first, everything else after." sort of thing.

I am very disappointed with this new statement. Are you seriously telling me that by "minimal language" you mean English, Spanish, French, German, Russian, POLISH and CHINESE ??? Seven languages ​​supported. If you call these to me "minimal language" I start seriously thinking of being taken for a ride. Okay, okay, let's shit as a country. We don't have enough market to entice a translation, ok, I understand. As I said in another post, I fully understand certain business decisions, you are talking about a product to sell, you are not doing it for the love of the people. But from here to say that seven supported languages ​​are "just the minimum language given the amount of text", no. NO. Fuck NO. Seven locales ARE NOT minimum language. At least have the balls to say "we don't make enough money with Italian, don't break our balls".
Because here we are going beyond the phony press release in an official interview that has deluded thousands of fans of the series. Here we have come to not want to lose face and to remedy the said bullshit we are finding excuses. FUCKING EXCUSES.
Just to be clear, I'll list the steps:
- "you will ABSOLUTELY have Italian"
- "er ... who talked about adding the Italian language?"
- "oops ... we forgot about it"
- "no, no, it's not a cost issue, it's OTHER THINGS"
- "we will consider adding more languages ​​in the future"
- "MAYBE we will consider adding more languages ​​in the future"
- "guys, translating into Italian costs"
- "but it's not a cost issue eh! No, no. We're just trying to keep the languages ​​to a minimum given the amount of text".
Now, maybe I'll have raised the tone a bit, but we haven't had an official release or AT LEAST an official apology from Larian Studios in weeks, saying "sorry, we were wrong, we were a bit of an asshole, but, the game unfortunately it will only be in English ".
Maybe it's just because understanding that you have been deluded for EIGHT MONTHS by a software house that you admired and appreciated makes your ass burn a little too much ...
Forgive the outburst and good luck with the creation and completion of the finished product.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sono molto deluso da questa nuova dichiarazione. Mi state seriamente dicendo che per "linguaggio minimo" intendete inglese, spagnolo, francese, tedesco, russo, POLACCO e CINESE??? Sette lingue supportate. Se queste me le chiami "linguaggio minimo" inizio seriamente a pensare di essere preso per il culo. Va bene, d'accordo, facciamo cagare come paese. Non abbiamo abbastanza mercato da invogliare una traduzione, ok, lo capisco. Come ho già detto in un altro post, capisco perfettamente certe decisioni aziendali, si sta parlado di un prodotto da vendere, non lo si sta facendo per amore del popolo. Ma da qui a dire che sette lingue supportate sono "giusto il linguaggio minimo data la mole di testo", no. NO. Cazzo NO. Sette localizzazioni NON SONO linguaggio minimo. Abbiate per lo meno le palle di dire "non ci guadagniamo abbastanza con l'italiano, non rompeteci i coglioni".
Perchè qui stiamo andando oltre il comunicato farlocco in un'intervista ufficiale che ha illuso migliaia di fan della serie. Qui siamo arrivati a non voler perdere la faccia e per rimediare alla cazzata detta si stanno trovando scuse. SCUSE DEL CAZZO.
Giusto per essere chiaro, vi elenco i passaggi:
- "avrete ASSOLUTAMENTE l'italiano"
- "ehm... chi ha parlato di aggiungere la lingua italiana?"
- "ops... ce ne siamo dimenticati"
- "no, no, non è un problema di costi, sono ALTRE COSE"
- "valuteremo di aggiungere altre lingue in futuro"
- "FORSE valuteremo di aggiungere altre lingue in futuro"
- "ragazzi, tradurre in italiano costa"
- "però non è un problema di costi eh! No, no. Stiamo solo cercando di mantenere i linguaggi minimi data la mole di testo".
Ora, forse avrò alzato un po' i toni, ma sono settimane che non si ha un comunicato ufficiale o ALMENO delle scuse ufficiali da Larian Studios, che dica "scusate, ci siamo sbagliati, siamo stati un po' stronzi, ma, il gioco purtroppo sarà solo in inglese".
Forse è solo perchè capire di essere stato illuso per OTTO MESI da una software house che ammiravi e apprezzavi fa bruciare un po' troppo il culetto...
Perdonate lo sfogo e in bocca al lupo con la realizzazione e il completamento del prodotto finito.

M
stranger
stranger
M

Originally Posted by Fresh91

- "but it's not a cost issue eh! No, no. We're just trying to keep the languages ​​to a minimum given the amount of text".

grin up

We must not promise what we ought not, lest we be called on to perform what we cannot.
Abraham Lincoln, 1856.

stranger
stranger
WE WANT NEWS!!

apprentice
apprentice
la base del gioco e d&d!! in italia a lucca presentano il libro "descent to avernus" con un mega evento!! descent to avernus e l'avventura di bg3!! i manuali di d&d 5 sn tradotti in ita!!
in edicola escono romanzi di d&d in ita!! esce bg3 no non sara' tradotto nemmeno al day 1!! che presa x il culo!!

apprentice
apprentice

I am very disappointed with this new statement. Are you seriously telling me that by "minimal language" you mean English, Spanish, French, German, Russian, POLISH and CHINESE ??? Seven languages ​​supported. If you call these to me "minimal language" I start seriously thinking of being taken for a ride. Okay, okay, let's shit as a country. We don't have enough market to entice a translation, ok, I understand. As I said in another post, I fully understand certain business decisions, you are talking about a product to sell, you are not doing it for the love of the people. But from here to say that seven supported languages ​​are "just the minimum language given the amount of text", no. NO. Fuck NO. Seven locales ARE NOT minimum language. At least have the balls to say "we don't make enough money with Italian, don't break our balls".
Because here we are going beyond the phony press release in an official interview that has deluded thousands of fans of the series. Here we have come to not want to lose face and to remedy the said bullshit we are finding excuses. FUCKING EXCUSES.
Now, maybe I'll have raised the tone a bit, but we haven't had an official release or AT LEAST an official apology from Larian Studios in weeks, saying "sorry, we were wrong, we were a bit of an asshole, but, the game unfortunately it will only be in English ".
Maybe it's just because understanding that you have been deluded for EIGHT MONTHS by a software house that you admired and appreciated makes your ass burn a little too much ...
Forgive the outburst and good luck with the creation and completion of the finished product.

Sono molto deluso da questa nuova dichiarazione. Mi state seriamente dicendo che per "linguaggio minimo" intendete inglese, spagnolo, francese, tedesco, russo, POLACCO e CINESE??? Sette lingue supportate. Se queste me le chiami "linguaggio minimo" inizio seriamente a pensare di essere preso per il culo. Va bene, d'accordo, facciamo cagare come paese. Non abbiamo abbastanza mercato da invogliare una traduzione, ok, lo capisco. Come ho già detto in un altro post, capisco perfettamente certe decisioni aziendali, si sta parlado di un prodotto da vendere, non lo si sta facendo per amore del popolo. Ma da qui a dire che sette lingue supportate sono "giusto il linguaggio minimo data la mole di testo", no. NO. Cazzo NO. Sette localizzazioni NON SONO linguaggio minimo. Abbiate per lo meno le palle di dire "non ci guadagniamo abbastanza con l'italiano, non rompeteci i coglioni".
Perchè qui stiamo andando oltre il comunicato farlocco in un'intervista ufficiale che ha illuso migliaia di fan della serie. Qui siamo arrivati a non voler perdere la faccia e per rimediare alla cazzata detta si stanno trovando scuse. SCUSE DEL CAZZO.
- "però non è un problema di costi eh! No, no. Stiamo solo cercando di mantenere i linguaggi minimi data la mole di testo".
Ora, forse avrò alzato un po' i toni, ma sono settimane che non si ha un comunicato ufficiale o ALMENO delle scuse ufficiali da Larian Studios, che dica "scusate, ci siamo sbagliati, siamo stati un po' stronzi, ma, il gioco purtroppo sarà solo in inglese".
Forse è solo perchè capire di essere stato illuso per OTTO MESI da una software house che ammiravi e apprezzavi fa bruciare un po' troppo il culetto...
Perdonate lo sfogo e in bocca al lupo con la realizzazione e il completamento del prodotto finito.

Totally agree on every point, that's exactly how I think!
————————-
Totalmente d'accordo su ogni punto, è esattamente come la penso!

stranger
stranger

Concordo in pieno, oramai la faccenda ha preso una piega ridicola, non essendoci stato ancora un comunicato ufficiale in cui si faccia chiarezza.
Io non discuto la scelta di non localizzare in italiano perchè sono liberi di fare come credono, ma non dimentichiamoci che la conferma della lingua italiana nella famosa intervista è arrivata direttamente dal fondatore di Larian e direttore artistico, non da uno a caso, quindi non credo che le sue siano state parole a caso... semplicemente o volevano veramente localizzare in italiano BG3 e poi come dicono si sono trovati davanti a una mole di testo ingestibile, ma se è vero che non toccano la localizzazione da mesi secondo me è stata più una conferma a fini di marketing per alzare l'hype nel mercato italiano. Alla fine chi di noi si aspettava una localizzazione in italiano dopo quello che hanno combinato per DOS??? nessuno!
Quindi se dicevano fin dall'inizio che BG3 non avrebbe MAI avuto la localizzazione italiana nessuno in italia l'avrebbe comprato proprio come successe per DOS, quindi hanno semplicemente illuso il mercato.

Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
apprentice
apprentice
WE WANT NEWS!!

S
stranger
stranger
S
WE WANT NEWS!!

stranger
stranger
D&D is incredibly popular here, but unfortunately I guess it doesn't depend on WotC if we're not getting italian localization in this game.
We all know that Larian does not give a flying (insert any bad word you want here) about Italy and its language.
That's the reason when I discovered they were in charge to make the new BG series instalment, I was kinda worried about it, not only because I never liked DOS games particularly, but also because they NEVER translated any of their games in italian by theirselves.

Last edited by Trynd; 07/09/20 11:53 AM.
apprentice
apprentice

Questo perché hanno sempre risposto moderatori che NON SANNO cosa stia succedendo....una barzelletta

apprentice
apprentice
But then, maybe they didn't even realize BG3 is also launching it on Stadia. What does it mean? that the potential market (also in Italy) is larger than what is currently known ... This is also due to the fact that even those with a lousy PC can play it ...
Ah no, Italians suck ... like their PCs ... WE WANT NEWS

stranger
stranger
Strange that Stadia is not available in Poland, Google will surely have miscalculated.

apprentice
apprentice
Google who? I don't know...

Meanwhile, here I leave the link to the dear Larians to check STADIA locations

https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/9338852?hl=en

apprentice
apprentice
esce solo su stadia in italiano x pc no!! ahaahahahahahaahah!!

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Maco
Google who? I don't know...

Meanwhile, here I leave the link to the dear Larians to check STADIA locations

https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/9338852?hl=en

Bad news for Hawaii :,(

Page 23 of 26 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 26

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard