OP Offline
stranger
like Githyanky

veteran
veteran
Unlikely.

addict
addict
Well, you could fly dragons ( with jet-packs! ) in Divinity: Dragon Commander. But that was a different game genre; flying creature representations seem to be problematic outside of real-time games.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by etonbears
Well, you could fly dragons ( with jet-packs! ) in Divinity: Dragon Commander.

You could be a dragon in Ego Draconis (well, hence the name, I suppose), complete with non-functional jet-pack-themed armour.

Originally Posted by etonbears
But that was a different game genre; flying creature representations seem to be problematic outside of real-time games.

I dunno, they seem to be quite problematic in real-time games too. biggrin

J'aime le fromage.
veteran
veteran
Dunno, in KB: Armored princess and other games you can have a flying pegasus. And there are a lot of flying creatures in many games that are not real-time based, from Might and magic to Agarest to Age of wonders, fire emblem, etc without much of a fuss.

It could be possible, but it´s unlikely you have it in a game with a level cap of 10 he he. Cross fingers for a DLC.

Last edited by _Vic_; 30/08/20 02:46 PM.
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Or ride a horse? I really like being a knight, even if it just looks like, hahaha, just kidding

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by resilient
Or ride a horse? I really like being a knight, even if it just looks like, hahaha, just kidding

I think not only will you be able to ride a horse, you will be able to cast flight upon them. Plus given that Soul Coins are confirmed in the game, there might be usable Infernal Vehicles.

Last edited by Omegaphallic; 30/08/20 04:44 PM.
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Sounds awesome!

Last edited by resilient; 30/08/20 11:44 PM. Reason: wrong
journeyman
journeyman
I think it's a bit of a lofty goal. There's a difference between verticality in level design and verticality in flight - I'm not sure if their engine is ready to support something like full 3D movement. Maybe it does and we just haven't seen it, but as far as I can tell, actors are still tied to the ground intrinsically for movement purposes.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Annyliese
I think it's a bit of a lofty goal. There's a difference between verticality in level design and verticality in flight - I'm not sure if their engine is ready to support something like full 3D movement. Maybe it does and we just haven't seen it, but as far as I can tell, actors are still tied to the ground intrinsically for movement purposes.

That was the case in DOS2, but given that it wasn't in e.g. Ego Draconis (not the same engine, obvs.) I imagine that it would be a goal to remove that restriction.

J'aime le fromage.
veteran
veteran
One reason why I'd reason there not being dragon flying is the nature of the top-down cRPG map. While there's more world detail presumably due to being able to play a more "Over the shoulder" perspective like Swen enjoys doing in the gameplay demos, we also know that there are acts and each act has its own area, similar to DOS2. So if you were able to fly like that, the world would feel pretty small pretty fast, and there would need to be additional mapping design around the edges of the map to indicate you can't fly further than that, but I don't see any way that can be done without being immersion breaking.

veteran
veteran
You will most likely not be able to ride a dragon, because that requires maps specifically designed for that sort of thing, which have different requirements than that for ground-based traversal and triggering of quests and events.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Exactly Etonbears, sign me up for Dragon Commander II !
I love Rivellonian politics

enthusiast
enthusiast
9 more posts to go and I am officially an addict!

Correction: 8 more to go

journeyman
journeyman
While the idea of this would be extremely cool in one sense....I just can't fathom that being a thing they develop with everything else they have to worry about.

Also, they appear to have waypoints again in BG3 for fast travel, so that's another angle that just taking that into consideration alone would dissuade any thought.

Now, if they develop actual horse mounts for cavaliers at least that can be ridden for faster (say 2x) overland travel, that might be cool....

“Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do. But it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving.”---Dale Carnegie.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I would sooner turn into a dragon than fly on a dragon

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Warlock: Greetings my lord-
Cthulhu: LET ME SLEEP-
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by TheInfinitySock
I would sooner turn into a dragon than fly on a dragon

"Do as I do, become a dragon! Ha ha ha!

You could never be a dragon."

(Cit)

S
veteran
veteran
S
normally id say no.

but this is larian so who knows at that point, they had you turn into a dragon twice now...

veteran
veteran
And making tiny dragons helping the Red prince to get laid...

Last edited by _Vic_; 02/09/20 03:43 PM.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard