Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ontos Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A critical bug that keeps me from completing the quest and continuing the game.
In the quest "The Secrets of the Dwarves", when I talk to Isbeil and Queen Justinia, all my characters involved in the conversation end up in a pit where Isbeil leaks the poison. At the same time, the fight does not start and all of my characters can do nothing. The second time I split up the group, 4 people were talking, indicated by a red frame in the screenshot (Fane, Beast and 2 mercenaries). With the remaining characters, I came up and started the fight. Those 4 (Fane, Beast and 2 mercenaries) missed their moves. I won the fight and still the 4 characters are not moving, can't do anything, including abilities or food/potions, literally nothing!

I moved them upstairs, connected them to 1 chain, saved and loaded the save. It did not help. If I choose someone in a coma, then literally nothing is pressed, including items or a change of weapon. And I cannot start a conversation with them.

[Linked Image]

Add save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2cety02ovi000na/4%20characters%20in%20a%20coma.rar?dl=0 and add screenshot.
Please help me. Also, when I later enter the corridor (not far away, behind a ghost wall) where the Dwarves Queen is supposed to be - she is not there.

Ontos Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I have also tried another way. When I first meet Isbeil and Queen Justinia, if I don't get close to them right away, there is no transfer to the pit yet. I teleported one guard next to the other, the fight started. I killed everyone, including Isbeil and Queen Justinia. I poured the fog of death into the sea, circled and read all the notes there, completed the quest of the "Missing Masters" (I saw their ghosts), but the personal quest of the Beast remained unfulfilled and opposite it there was a flag in the quest log, a flag pointing to the corpse of Justinia.

Support
Support

This issue has been reported a handful of times before, and normally teleporting a character out of the pit (in the developer build of the game) will trigger the dialogue as if a character not involved in the initial encounter had arrived, and combat would proceed normally. Leaving a character out of the initial encounter and actually interrupting should work, as well (I've tested that a couple times), but in this case the extra characters and/or mods may be interfering with that workaround.

I replied to your support email.

Ontos Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I found out the problem with the Beast. When I first meet Isbeil and Queen Justinia (my main character is not the Beast, but Fane), the dialogue ends with a transfer to an acid pit. But before the transfer, the Beast says his name is no longer Marcus Miles, he is called the Beast of the Sea. This phrase does not complete the dialogue, you can see that it is possible to complete the phrase - but I don't have time to, the transfer of characters to another location (the pit) takes place.
If I temporarily remove the Beast from the group before talking to Isbeil for the first time in the sewers - there is no bug.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard