Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by Argyle
I looked up what cheek clapping means and I checked the cat's name... oh my, this is not going where I thought it would. I have no idea how this all ties in with Mind Flayers, but it does seem like really good material for a Cthulu-based rap song. Ah, once again Argyle is lost within the Mists of Leira, unknowing and uncertain of the true meaning of many things ... though I'm fairly certain that clapping is a socially acceptable way to show approval for a performance.

I bet you are pleasantly surprised? Yeah, a song about mindflayers, cheek clapping and HP Lovecraft's cat would be the most trippy song of all time.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Iamblitzwing
"Clap some cheeks" ?? What does that mean?

HP Lovecraft wrote a couple stories where a human character's soul was transferred into the body of an alien being. I could see that being a cool story arc, but only temporarily. I prefer being a mammal in most respects.

Goggle what ''Clap Cheeks means'' x. Hp Lovecraft was an interesting guy. Seriously google the name of his cat. I can't say it on here, because I would get banned for saying the name lol.

I love how interpretations are most of the time on those topics taken out of context for the sake of having some thrilling stories to tell and show how you stand on the good side of the fence. At his time though, this might have been just a normal name to give to pets as most white people were using these kind of words regularly, but whatever.

To go back to the subject, I really think there must be an evil ending to this game and becoming a full mindflayer seems to be a good one to me.

Last edited by Nyanko; 10/09/20 08:45 AM.
veteran
veteran
More than an evil ending that would be a bad ending, being a mindflayer means you are subordinate of an elder brain, practically just another slave more for the brainlord. or be killed if you are a magic user because you became an arcanist, an anathema, or became an ulitharid and have to migrate to create your own colony and became an elder brain yourself, fighting alone against all the enemies of your kind...

There are little exceptions to this rule, but that would be the likely outcome =P

Last edited by _Vic_; 10/09/20 10:18 AM.
S
veteran
veteran
S
Mindflayers arent exactly like joining the evil team.
If youre a mindflayer youre dead, the mindflayer is a seperate entity from you

Given the nature of what we know about BG3 so far...since we are starting the game with a special, unique tadpole, allowing a player to play through the whole game and then, based on what the player wants, allowing them to give in fully, in cinematic fashion, to the tadpole and become a mind flayer would not be a bad ending. At that point the game is done, credits are about to role and it's strictly aesthetic. I plan on playing through the game from many different characters, perspective, and alignments and would honestly try to get that cinematic at the end on one playthrough.

Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by Nyanko
"Clap some cheeks" ?? What does that mean?

HP Lovecraft wrote a couple stories where a human character's soul was transferred into the body of an alien being. I could see that being a cool story arc, but only temporarily. I prefer being a mammal in most respects.

Goggle what ''Clap Cheeks means'' x. Hp Lovecraft was an interesting guy. Seriously google the name of his cat. I can't say it on here, because I would get banned for saying the name lol.

I love how interpretations are most of the time on those topics taken out of context for the sake of having some thrilling stories to tell and show how you stand on the good side of the fence. At his time though, this might have been just a normal name to give to pets as most white people were using these kind of words regularly, but whatever.

To go back to the subject, I really think there must be an evil ending to this game and becoming a full mindflayer seems to be a good one to me.

I totally understand that, by today's standards it is a bizarre and strange name which is all I was trying to point out.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
To go back to the subject [...]

I totally understand that, by today's standards it is a bizarre and strange name which is all I was trying to point out.

I think we've established that. Let's get back to getting back to the subject, please.

J'aime le fromage.
Banned
Banned
I just want to fuck a mindflayer in the ass so much I need help

veteran
veteran
Right. Reel it in, Blitzwing. Reel it in by a lot. If you can't make a mature reply, or stay on topic, consider not making a reply at all.

old hand
old hand
I would love if there was such a game as this where you could not only turn into a mindflayer but then play for the bad guys and try converting all of Faerun into mindflayers too.

Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by The Composer
Right. Reel it in, Blitzwing. Reel it in by a lot. If you can't make a mature reply, or stay on topic, consider not making a reply at all.

I'm not Blitzwing though. And I was being mature.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert

The part that I highlighted. Last warning.

J'aime le fromage.
N
old hand
old hand
N
Yeah, as pointed out earlier, if you become a mindflayer, you cease to play anyone. You are puppet basically.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
In BG2 there was the https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Shapechange spell with which "... a wizard is able to assume the form of a powerful creature (mind flayer, iron golem, greater wolfwere, earth elemental, fire elemental, or giant troll)."

Seems becoming a mind-flayer (temporarily perhaps) isn't necessarily completely off the table.

N
old hand
old hand
N
There is a big difference between assuming the form and becoming the creature in its entirety.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
There is a big difference between assuming the form and becoming the creature in its entirety.
That is certainly true but you could still kill by draining INT.

Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by vometia

The part that I highlighted. Last warning.

Hey! We are all adults here right?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard