Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
With Microsoft buying RPGs studios one after another when is Larian’s turn? Imagine it, Obsidian making a Fallout game in Divinity Engine wink

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Wormerine
With Microsoft buying RPGs studios one after another when is Larian’s turn? Imagine it, Obsidian making a Fallout game in Divinity Engine wink

Not gonna happen. Larian's previous experience of using a publisher was not a happy one so they'll be remaining independent...

J'aime le fromage.
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by vometia
Not gonna happen. Larian's previous experience of using a publisher was not a happy one so they'll be remaining independent...

Fair enough. Though I have seen that before - then after a while devs realize that actually they would prefer for someone to take care of the business side and let them focus on games. That said, Larian has been flurishing since they took things into their own hands.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Fair enough. Though I have seen that before - then after a while devs realize that actually they would prefer for someone to take care of the business side and let them focus on games. That said, Larian has been flurishing since they took things into their own hands.

They have. I think the memories of the pressure to get Divinity 2 out the door are still raw enough for them to not want to go back to those days. In spite of it still being my favourite Larian game, I think their creative control of it was quite compromised.

J'aime le fromage.
stranger
stranger
They don't need to be bought to get money, see BG3. Copy Past DOS2, rename it. Get the money. No need to get money from Microsoft

stranger
stranger
I hope not. I have no Xbox but PS4

A
veteran
veteran
A
My answer to this thread's title question :

Why should they ?

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
G
enthusiast
enthusiast
G
Originally Posted by vometia

Go with CDPR, its new publisher on the rise for sure. Next 10+ year is gonna be huge for CDPR. Witcher 4 and Cyberpunk 2 turns them into greatness, imho. Thats if they keep doing things like they have.

Last edited by GreatWarrioX; 08/02/22 01:15 AM.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard