Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 177
member
Offline
member
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 177
Who takes vacation time for an early access title? lol. it's not even the full game people.

stop treating EA like a preorder. It is a time for bugs, and crashes, and testing, and feedback. It isn't a vacation.

I am glad you are getting burned.

Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 182
D
member
Offline
member
D
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 182
Originally Posted by qhristoff
Who takes vacation time for an early access title? lol. it's not even the full game people.

stop treating EA like a preorder. It is a time for bugs, and crashes, and testing, and feedback. It isn't a vacation.

I am glad you are getting burned.


lol why so bitter about people taking time off to enjoy early access? taking a few days off work isn't really that big of a deal for a lot of people.

Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 177
member
Offline
member
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 177
I am not bitter, I am laughing.

I've been watching this behaviour for years and it never ceases to amuse me.

People who think EA is meant to be a vacation time or a game release are betraying the purpose of EA and diluting the feedback from actually interested parties.

Swen himself says don't buy EA if you don't plan on testing the games.

If more people actually used their brains than their epeens when making decisions about purchases, this wouldn't be so amusing.

But alas.

hahaha.

"time off to enjoy early access" is entirely the problematic perspective.

early access isn't "time off vacation game" ... it's "testing bugs and providing feedback game".

and until people start treating it that way, EA will never actually be anything but a hype train money grab.

Last edited by qhristoff; 23/09/20 05:42 PM.
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 182
D
member
Offline
member
D
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 182
Originally Posted by qhristoff
I am not bitter, I am laughing.

I've been watching this behaviour for years and it never ceases to amuse me.

People who think EA is meant to be a vacation time or a game release are betraying the purpose of EA and diluting the feedback from actually interested parties.

Swen himself says don't buy EA if you don't plan on testing the games.

If more people actually used their brains than their epeens when making decisions about purchases, this wouldn't be so amusing.

But alas.

hahaha.

"time off to enjoy early access" is entirely the problematic perspective.

early access isn't "time off vacation game" ... it's "testing bugs and providing feedback game".

and until people start treating it that way, EA will never actually be anything but a hype train money grab.


you know people can test and provide feedback in an early access game and have fun at the same time, right? these things aren't mutually exclusive, if they were early access probably wouldn't be so prevalent in the industry. ironically enough I don't see a single person in this thread upset about the delay, in fact it makes my time off easier. at the end of the day, completed or not, this is a video game and it's there for our entertainment.

and you know, maybe you're not bitter, but it's pretty typical bitter behavior to say things like "I'm glad you're getting burned" despite nobody actually getting burned. but hey, if making bitter assumptions makes you feel better, then have at it, I guess. being obnoxiously negative about the community you're in seems to be a thing these days.


Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 177
member
Offline
member
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 177
Yes of course, you're entirely correct. /s

Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 86
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 86
Originally Posted by qhristoff
I am not bitter, I am laughing.

I've been watching this behaviour for years and it never ceases to amuse me.

People who think EA is meant to be a vacation time or a game release are betraying the purpose of EA and diluting the feedback from actually interested parties.

Swen himself says don't buy EA if you don't plan on testing the games.

If more people actually used their brains than their epeens when making decisions about purchases, this wouldn't be so amusing.

But alas.

hahaha.

"time off to enjoy early access" is entirely the problematic perspective.

early access isn't "time off vacation game" ... it's "testing bugs and providing feedback game".

and until people start treating it that way, EA will never actually be anything but a hype train money grab.


Sounds bitter to me. smile

Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 177
member
Offline
member
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 177
The problem with a lot of people these days is that they cannot comprehend criticism, so they relegate it all to the individual being "mad" or "bitter".

It's not my job to educate you in the difference.

Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 226
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 226
The Twitter says they had updated requirements on the store page. They're still the same. They still make as little sense in parts (an FX 4350 is nowhere near as fast a CPU as an i5 4690).

Last edited by Sven_; 23/09/20 06:56 PM.
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 949
W
old hand
Offline
old hand
W
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 949
Originally Posted by qhristoff
The problem with a lot of people these days is that they cannot comprehend criticism, so they relegate it all to the individual being "mad" or "bitter".

It's not my job to educate you in the difference.


Being glad when people got burned isn’t criticism, it’s just being a jerk.

Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 177
member
Offline
member
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 177
Originally Posted by Warlocke
Originally Posted by qhristoff
The problem with a lot of people these days is that they cannot comprehend criticism, so they relegate it all to the individual being "mad" or "bitter".

It's not my job to educate you in the difference.


Being glad when people got burned isn’t criticism, it’s just being a jerk.

That's your opinion.

Mine is the joy of a potential learning experience for them. But hey, you can choose to see things as negative as you like. That's your prerogative.

Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 17
Larian Studios
Offline
Larian Studios
Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 17
Enough with the personal attacks.

Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 142
member
Offline
member
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 142
Originally Posted by qhristoff
I am not bitter, I am laughing.

I've been watching this behaviour for years and it never ceases to amuse me.

People who think EA is meant to be a vacation time or a game release are betraying the purpose of EA and diluting the feedback from actually interested parties.

Swen himself says don't buy EA if you don't plan on testing the games.

If more people actually used their brains than their epeens when making decisions about purchases, this wouldn't be so amusing.

But alas.

hahaha.

"time off to enjoy early access" is entirely the problematic perspective.

early access isn't "time off vacation game" ... it's "testing bugs and providing feedback game".

and until people start treating it that way, EA will never actually be anything but a hype train money grab.


Maybe some people enjoy spending their time trying things out and giving feedback?

We’re all putting in time here talking about what features we’d like to see and giving feedback on whatever snippets of news we hear. By your logic we should all just STFU until the game is released in full.

Anyone joining early access will presumably play it. Some people might prefer to do that during the day instead of after work. So what? In these times there’s fewer options for doing the stuff many of us enjoy anyway.

Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 690
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 690
BG3 EA has been delayed into October. Or by one week if you want to me less dramatic.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...yed-its-early-access-launch-by-one-week/

EDIT. Oh already reported. Sorry.

Last edited by Wormerine; 23/09/20 11:08 PM.
Joined: Aug 2020
Posts: 103
Banned
Offline
Banned
Joined: Aug 2020
Posts: 103
Originally Posted by vometia
Originally Posted by Iamblitzwing
Keep crying.

Enough with the edgy remarks, thank you.

Put me in the naughty corner

Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 52
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 52
It doesn't matter whether individuals approach Early Access as players or testers. Assuming they agree to let Larian gather data, they'll be providing useful information, providing data for the death map, paths taken and not taken, etc.

Last edited by Imryll; 24/09/20 06:50 AM.
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,013
N
old hand
Offline
old hand
N
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,013
Originally Posted by Imryll
It doesn't matter whether individuals approach Early Access as players or testers. Assuming they agree to let Larian gather data, they'll be providing useful information, providing data for the death map, paths taken and not taken, etc.


I guess it comes down as well to whether you've been a fan of Larian for long or you are a new comer. People who've been following their games at least since DOS1 know how valuable it is for them to have an EA and how successful it makes their work become afterwards.

Last edited by Nyanko; 24/09/20 09:37 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5