Next Thread
Print Thread
#676176 28/09/20 04:01 AM
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Brand new at this game and a black cat is tagging along but as I am following the prompts on the map as to who to talk to next I am chatting at a gate with the target npc and the guards just kill the cat.... no dialog and resurrection can’t be put on the cat.

Have I missed something glaringly obvious?

I am a cat lover and my own cat is black and looks (shorthair) quite a bit like the cat in the game so this is rather upsetting if I can’t keep it alive this early in the game when I am puzzling out the ‘rules' we are playing by.

Hints and full answers or work arounds received with gratitude as it is making it impossible to proceed past this point with the nice kitten dead in the dust.

Last edited by Mustrum99; 28/09/20 04:02 AM. Reason: Spelling
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
It's possible but not very easy. In the end, I downloaded the Essential Pets mod, which should also keep the insanely suicidal Ser Lora alive too.

J'aime le fromage.
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Thank You for your help and the link to the essental pets mod

I dont know if mods on the mac can work unless you got your copy of the game via steam or possably from GOG Also I am working on getting the game looking right on this old 5K imac and once I doo that I will look at Mods

I got mine from the Mac App store so I may be out of luck with mods but I will try your mod idea once I look into the mod situation

I have had a look around for instructions on useing mods on the macintosh version and not found any thing except instructions to use Steam... I will keep searching

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Sorry I'm unable to offer advice in that particular regard; Raze is more knowledgeable about Macs and should be able to advise.

J'aime le fromage.
veteran
veteran
Hey Mustrum,

If you're willing to use mods in your playthrough, then the gift back including 'Nine Lives' built into the game should give you a flute. If you use that flute, it'll teleport the Black Cat to you, and revive it if it has died. Would that be of help?

Support
Support

Unfortunately, with the Nine Lives mod you need to get the cat out of Fort Joy before getting the summon spell book and whistle for him.

For the App Store, you should be able to copy/extract the pak file for Steam/Nexus mods to the folder:
/Users/<UserName>/Library/Containers/com.larian.dos2/Data/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition/Mods

M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Thanks again Raze I will give that a try after we get 5k display cleaned up don’t like to run mods when working on basic game glitches? The crash at launch has been about 2 times in 20 or 25 launches I will try to provide an exact count next time and I will also get the requested screen shot to you in the morning via email.

I really really am grateful for you help and the absence of the “if you want to do computer gaming get a proper Windows PC.” That is frequently seen on some other software houses support forums. It means a lot.
Mustrum Ridcully

A
stranger
stranger
A
Late to answer, but for me the answer was literally to save VERY often and reload if the cat died.. I was careful to keep him out of fire patches and poison.. He only died once.. My main character was a ranger so the cat was following her and out of much of the close up melee fire clouds.. I was able to heal him if he got damaged too much using first aid skill..

Last edited by Azurinna; 31/03/21 06:09 PM. Reason: forgot about healing the cat
@Mustrum99: I too was horrified when this happened to me. It’s even been written about in Rock, Paper, Shotgun.

@Azurinna: I agree. I did the same thing.

Another option is to climb the ladder into Fort Joy without engaging with Dallis. The cat can’t follow you, and he stays safe outside the Fort. You may then wish to deal with Magister Holind directly.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard