Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
High Guys,

I just wanted to ask if any of you know if the Critical Role cast is involved with this game in any way. I am miserably behind in Campaign 2 and I don't know if they gave any heads-up during the streams (I remember they were very vocal about their work in the Pillars of Eternity franchise).

I know that not everyone is a critter who plays DnD, but they are such a huge part of the DnD 5e scene today, I think it would be weird not to include them in some way (and they like all crazy talented voice-over artists, so...).

Thanks for the heads-up in advance!

N
old hand
old hand
N
Nothing has been said anywhere on the matter so far. I would love Matt Mercer to be involved in the project. His contributions to games are always invaluable.

Last edited by Nyanko; 28/09/20 03:13 PM.
veteran
veteran
It would be nice to have them in the game.
Mercer´s portrayal of Aloth and Eder made them my favorite characters in POE.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by _Vic_

I had no clue that he did those voices. And it's crazy because his voice is so recognizable most of the time.
I love Aloth so that just adds another layer of awesome to Matt Mercer.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

Judging by their tweets when BG3 was announced (wanting casting to open in the US) I would assume they have not been involved.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Thanks for the answers guys. That settles it.

Thats a pity, though good for European voice actors.

Yes, Aloth and Edér was a huge hit for me as well, after I heard during the streams that he voiced those. I would have never known...

veteran
veteran
Honestly, I had mixed feelings about their involvement in PoE2. Most of them did great VOs, but I feel in some cases better voices could be matched better in they didn't commit to voicing all companions with CritRole cast.

Still, Eder, Aloth, Eothas, Takehu, Xoti were delightful.

apprentice
apprentice
I'm glad they're not involved, to be honest. Just not my cup of tea.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by _Vic_

Same! Ah, he's so great. Had me swooning a little. It's too bad Aloth didn't seem like quite the same character in the sequel, but Mercer is always fantastic.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Wynne
Same! Ah, he's so great. Had me swooning a little. It's too bad Aloth didn't seem like quite the same character in the sequel, but Mercer is always fantastic.

That's, unfortunately, the problem all returning companions had I am afraid. Giving characters great, branching endings, and then trying to merge them back for the sequel can have this effect. Aloth is the most bland of the bunch though, especially if he doesn't have Iselmyr anymore.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard