Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Will I be able to play as a Wizard with only 9 (or less) points in intelligence, and 3 points in every other stats like I could in Baldur's Gate 1 & 2?

'But in D&D Version 50x Ultimate Edition ....'

JUST TELL ME I CAN AND MAKE IT SO I CAN !!!!

'But how will you cast spells?' ...

I DUN CARE I JUST WANT MY DUMBLEDORF STUPID WIZ IN BG3!

I'll find an Int item somewhere to raise my Int score enough to cast magic missile. Then I will use metamagics to fill spell slots of every level with magic missiles or whatever. I will find a way.

.... OOOHH CURSED BRACERS OF INT 3 YES PLZ. .. .. Erm now I erm ...

This will be my custom avatar:

[Linked Image]

Last edited by vometia; 30/09/20 09:44 AM. Reason: bbcode
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Like this one time I played through Baldurs Gate 1 with a Fighter with 9 str and 3 in every other stat. All he could do was throw darts and they still never hit anything.

But when one of the darts finally managed to hit something!!!!!????? .... They still did nothing like waaah?

I had to reload every 5 seconds or so. Even Melicamp the talking chicken was a mighty foe that was near impossible to beat!

Well ok, I dont think you could actually fight Melicamp the talking chicken, but if I could I would still lose.

I just hid and let Imoen kill everything ... and she wasn't even very good at that but much better than the worst dart thrower across Faerun ...

Yes I got the idea from the NPC with the archery bracers that was like the best dart thrower in all of Faerun so I reversed it and made the worst one because I could.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Sure, if that’s how you want to play.

stranger
stranger
EA will be using a point-but system for stats, which often floors your stats at 8, and may require you to spend all your points before continuing character creation. So probably no threes, but you could go for 15s in Wis, Cha, and Str, with 8s in all the stats that actually matter to a wizard.

When EA or release eventually introduces rolled stats, we’re not quite sure what limits they’ll include. But it’s more likely that you’ll be able to have intentionally low stats, as long as you’re willing to spend time rerolling.

journeyman
journeyman
Well, yes. Just not well.

"I used my last magic poo to check in on my daughter." Scanlan Shorthalt.
Banned
Banned
Now why would you want to do that?

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Iamblitzwing
Now why would you want to do that?

It wouldn't make sense at all for a first play through, it was something I eventually tried in BG1 after having already played through the game hundreds of times.

Like have you ever tried actually using the cursed berzerker sword? Or having as little HP and Thaco as possible and seeing if you can still win?

Theres actually people that do such lets plays of loads of games with 'can you beat Sonic without ever collecting a single ring', and its not just about not picking up rings but meticulously avoiding ones that you would normally run / roll into.

Can you beat Skyrim with just Telekinesis? Or a Fork? Its fun to do on a separate playthrough of the game.

Or imagine if you actually roll dice for your characters and get a 1 on your INT score for a Wizard. Actually committing to that and playing it, modding to reduce the stat if necessary.

Last edited by DumbleDorf; 30/09/20 11:22 PM.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard