Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Larian Studios
OP Offline
Larian Studios
Customization is all around us!
Read all about character customization here!

Last edited by Macros_Larian; 02/10/20 02:05 PM.
D
D
Whose going to try to pet the owlbear? I know I am.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by DrunkPunk
Whose going to try to pet the owlbear? I know I am.

Yeah; sounds cuddly.

J'aime le fromage.
journeyman
journeyman
It's going to take me hours to decide on my character...

(And just to be clear, that's a good thing grin )

Last edited by Nimue_de; 02/10/20 02:26 PM.
addict
addict
This answers so many of the questions that I've been seeing lately, so this (final?) update before EA opens up is very welcome. You guys are amazing!

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Looks amazing!

Well done!

stranger
stranger
The Dwarves look perfect in that little preview, exactly how id imagine them!

W
veteran
veteran
W
Everything sounds amazing. I can’t wait to get started!

veteran
veteran
There are many more subraces than I expected for the EA. And Damn! they look good.

enthusiast
enthusiast
The characters look fantastic, I imagine that they will look even better in the finished version of the game.

Evil always finds a way.
addict
addict
The characters models look absolutely fantastic. Great update.

So great to finally get to see more screenshots from the character creation menu. The interface is looking slick as hell.

I'm super happy about seeing new class options for Rangers too! Definitely my first pick. A "beast taming mage-breaking charlatan halfling ranger with a toxic frog as a familiar" sounds like a deal laugh (who am I kidding, I'll spend 4 hours in the character creator before I make up my mind)

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Llengrath
The interface is looking slick as hell.

Loved that too. Very WoTC like. Reminds me of 3rd ed.

D
D
I will say, the only thing I didn't see that I wish we could have is an export button, so I can pre-make some characters and have them ready to go. I suspect I'm going to be in this character creator for some time on the first day it's out. Perhaps that's a function that's already considered or even in but I just can't see it in these screenshots, but if not it would be kind of a nice to have.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Llengrath
I'm super happy about seeing new class options for Rangers too! Definitely my first pick. A "beast taming mage-breaking charlatan halfling ranger with a toxic frog as a familiar" sounds like a deal laugh

Same here. Very happy to see the ranger class finally getting some decent treatment. And "mage-breaking" anything is the sweetest of all, because I am all over playing any warrior class that is tailored to destroying stupid-ass mages.

stranger
stranger
Great update. I would love to see your original 40 models Cosplay it up for us! It could be a good avenue for them to get more work! smile

Now I know how I'll be trying out the evil play though, thanks to this update.
Hopefully we will be able to export character pictures easily for posting here.

I would like confirmation on Eladrin and Baldesingers though...

stranger
stranger
Although the images show some characters of different races, their faces are pretty much still "human faces". Therefore, I don't get the feeling that they are creatures of different races.

Besides, IIRC, aren't male tieflings suppose to have spikes on their chins?

Last edited by IanTheWizard; 03/10/20 01:55 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by IanTheWizard
Although the images show some characters of different races, their faces are pretty much still "human faces". Therefore, I don't get the feeling that they are creatures of different races.

Besides, IIRC, aren't male tieflings suppose to have spikes on their chins?

I mean, I'm pretty sure that there'll be more comprehensive customization options. It's not exactly like they tapped an arrow a few times to look at different choices for specific features or did anything other than just show a handful of examples...

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

S
veteran
veteran
S
they already said theres not gonna be slider based customization.
theres diffeent faces you can pick from.

Which i personally find even stranger considering that larian seemingly did just that. They facescanend real life people and then dicked around with the models to create more faces.
Thats basically the same process as sliders only the developer "curates" the results.

Last edited by Sordak; 03/10/20 08:05 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
Looks all great. Though I wish High Elves would be called Sun Elves instead, just like Gold Dwarves and Shield Dwarves have now gotten their proper Faerunian names (whom were referred to as Hill Dwarves & Mountain Dwarves respectively in the former builds of BG3).

And also as a lifelong FR fan, I've never heard of "Seldarine Drow". What is that? Are they supposed to represent the redeemed Dark Elves? Why not just call them that instead?

I don't like the name "Lolth-Sworn Drow" either, since it kind of assumes all evil drow worship Lolth, when the second and third most worshipped Dark Seldarine gods are Vhaeraun and Ghaundaur. Ilythiiri Drow would be a better title to encompass the archetypical evil drow whom still bear Wendonai's taint.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard