Next Thread
Print Thread
#676677 03/10/20 08:29 AM
W
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
W
So I have no idea how Half-Elf traits are going to work yet, and we all will in just a few days, possibly rendering this topic premature and superfluous, but I just wanted to post some support for Skill Versatility if it isn’t already in the game.

In PHB, if you take a Half-Elf sub-race you replace Skill Versatility with an Elf trait, like Drow Magic or the High Elf Cantrip. I don’t know if it’s possible to not choose a sub-race in BG3, or if we must pick a sub-race to then be able to switch back to the normal, non variant race build, but I personally would rather take the two proficiencies. Half-Elf is my favorite race, partially because I really like being a skill monkey without being a bard or rogue.

Just throwing this out there.

Last edited by Warlocke; 03/10/20 08:42 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I agree. Mask of the Wild is useless, if I'm not playing a stealthy character. An Intelligence based Cantrip is less useful for a Warlock or Sorcerer. And while an extra 5 foot of movement is nice, I'd rather have the 2 skills. However, Elven Weapon Training is an option for me, with some of my builds.

G
journeyman
journeyman
G
So, in the current build it looks like we must select a sub race which means no skill versatility. Disappointing.

S
addict
addict
S
+1

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah, just the cantrips that don't require you to hit , or the target to make a saving throw, are useful to anyone not playing a wizard. Maybe an Eldritch Knight Fighter?

C
stranger
stranger
C
Another gutting of original DnD rules? Sad. I was also looking forward to the skill versatility.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard