Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
stranger
stranger
I got this to work... kinda. After following the directions, I have a new issue during the patch process on GOG. The error reads as:

C:\ Program Files (x86) \GOG Galaxy \ Game \ Baldurs Gate 3 \ unins 0003.exe

I'm open for help.. really I could use it. No, don't skip my post... GAWD DAMN IT. Downloaded this at 10:30 am and I'm still not having any luck even launch at 8:15 pm.

stranger
stranger
Im also having a system file error

Failed to create dir: \\?\\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3
The system cannot find the path specified.

Ive tried the suggestions on this thread with no luck. Ive tried uninstalling the game multiple times and no luck, same error each time. Im lost in what to do next to fix this. please any help would be appreciated.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello,

Here what I've done to make it work:

Open Start on Windows 10.

Search for Command Prompt, right-click the top result, and select Run as administrator.

Type the following command to enable the built-in Administrator account and press Enter:

net user "Administrator" /active:yes

Open Start on Windows 10.

Click on your user. Sign out or select administrator.

Game works now.

So this is really a set of permissions of some kind on the folders. Even though my current account is an administrator. This is really weird.

stranger
stranger
I fixed it on my pc. Had to open file explorer. Go to properties on the Documents folder. Under the location tab choose to reset default. Fixed it right away.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by CincyTank
I fixed it on my pc. Had to open file explorer. Go to properties on the Documents folder. Under the location tab choose to reset default. Fixed it right away.

This is not an option if using OneDrive Backup, which uses folder relocation.

I hope this gets fixed quickly, especially since it should be an easy fix.

stranger
stranger
This might partially be a Windows issue:

- creating the problematic folder manually did get me to the next missing folder which I then created and so forth
- adding the exe to the list of allowed apps for "Controlled folder access" completely solved the issue.

The strange thing about it is, that usually, when access is denied, I would receive a notification and can then whitelist the app. In this case, however, there was no notification, and the app does not show up in the "Block history", which was the reason I did not expect this to be the cause.

This also does not explain the weird path that the error popup is showing, but at least it seems to be working for the moment.

Hope this helps

Last edited by Skjoldur; 08/10/20 10:02 AM.
E
apprentice
apprentice
E
I think Avast Ransomwear Shield is protecting the MyDocuments folder from BG3, so I added an exception to see if it fixes it.

stranger
stranger
I posted on forum and trying to contact Larian support yesterday about this issue but I managed to fix it by running the game of administrator user but after the latest hotfix, I am facing savegame crash on main menu even when running on administrator user. Would there be a way to restore previous version of the game or any way to fix this because I can't play the game right now.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard