Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
endolex Offline OP
OP Offline
It seems I'm able to cast a bonus action and a full action spell both within the same turn (for instance, Bless + Healing Word).
This should not be possible as per 5E PnP rules - according to the PHB, you can only cast a cantrip if you have already have cast a bonus action spell.

stranger
stranger
I started a wizard and noticed that my spell slots were not being consumed and was simply limited to the number of action points I had left in a turn.

endolex Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Feldegar
I started a wizard and noticed that my spell slots were not being consumed and was simply limited to the number of action points I had left in a turn.

Sure you weren't casting cantrips then? Those don't consume spell slots.

stranger
stranger
Yeah I was casting magic missile every combat.

veteran
veteran
This is something which probably should be addressed, yes.

apprentice
apprentice
I think for versatility purposes I would be fine with spellcasters being able to cast two spells in one turn...but the fact that a player was able to cast MM over and over without spell slots being consumed is a huge problem.

endolex Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes, not consuming spell slots is obviously a bug.
But being able to cast two spells per turn can quickly create a balance issue. 5E restricts this for good reason. According to PHB, you can only cast bonus action spells + cantrip, not bonus action spell + full spell on your turn.

Link Copied to Clipboard