Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Flafnir

The hotfix is ​​far too little for the 3 weeks. It neither eliminates the crash in the single player nor does it fix the impossible crashes which are carried out by items. It's just ridiculous what the fix brings and that in 3 weeks that the game is out.
I have the feeling that all the problems that you report, I can ping my apartment door, the neighbors read that and come to the same thing.

Sure, a few crashes were eliminated, but impossible new ones were added and these are far more annoying than the crashes before.

Equipping the hand crossbow from the Underdark 1 o2 does not matter the game crashes you overwrite your save point wars that either starts over or loads a few minutes or hours beforehand

I don't read anything about it in dne patchs and hotfixes, and it should be on a priority list otherwise you have the feeling that the developer is more or less irrelevant because there is absolutely 0% feedback on the errors.

Which hotfix are you talking about ?

H
stranger
stranger
H
Can we please stop necroing this thread?

G
stranger
stranger
G
100% Can confirm that hand crossbows picked up and equipped will crash game whether dragged out of box or another range weapon is equipped to that character. The hand crossbows do work in giving damage, but will not be able to be unequipped. They may also be causing other crashes whilst in the Underdark (scaling ladders and climbing rope netting . Going back through all the Underdark saves to see when the hand-crossbows were equipped to see if that resolved the issues.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Can confirm: Gone back in Saves to when I just had the one hand-crossbow equipped and no issue. A simple test: can you un-equip without a crash?

On one of the saves I had only one hand crossbows equipped. I was able to 'Equip' another bow and that got the hand-bow out of use without crashing the game (click and drag crashes).

A relief that this appears to be a temp solution till when another hotfix comes out.

apprentice
apprentice
Patch 2 came on public branch on https://steamdb.info/app/1086940/depots/. I guess it will be avaible soon ^^

journeyman
journeyman
soon.. I downloaded it already

63% of all statistics are completely made up ~ Abraham Lincoln
apprentice
apprentice
My post was written before it became available.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Downloading update from Gog Galaxy seems to have problems like Galaxy client throwing unknown server errors and eventually download crashes whole client

journeyman
journeyman
Hotfix on the way! We’re listening.
No, you're not.

apprentice
apprentice
Loaded the update. Both crash problems persist. I don't even get the item on offer thrown out of the inventory as quickly as the game crashes after loading it. It is now clearly due to the item that you get from the Vettel if you spare her life and let her move with Marina. The item itself has no use if you use it, so you can throw it away but nothing works as quickly as the game crashes.

The crash with the hand crossbow once equipped still happens. But the main thing is that video sequences are improved. I would have preferred to have focused on what is important first and that is stable gameplay without fear of any item that you pick up, your game will crash.

I'm really frustrated slowly

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Darth Rauko
No, you're not.

Could you elaborate, please? The topic you're replying to is several weeks old, and that hotfix arrived a good while ago. What isn't being listened to?

[...] The crash with the hand crossbow once equipped still happens. [...]

Are those the +2 hand cross-bows? I've been trying to figure out how to obtain them, but googling haven't been fruitful, and yet to find anyone who could give me a clear description. I'd love to hear how to obtain them since I know of the crashes and have seen save-files with them, crashing when trying to equip, trade, or loot those away from a player character.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by The Composer
Originally Posted by Darth Rauko
No, you're not.

Could you elaborate, please? The topic you're replying to is several weeks old, and that hotfix arrived a good while ago. What isn't being listened to?

[...] The crash with the hand crossbow once equipped still happens. [...]

Are those the +2 hand cross-bows? I've been trying to figure out how to obtain them, but googling haven't been fruitful, and yet to find anyone who could give me a clear description. I'd love to hear how to obtain them since I know of the crashes and have seen save-files with them, crashing when trying to equip, trade, or loot those away from a player character.

You can only find them in 2 places in the Underdark. 1x m fight against the dark dwarfs in the village and you can find the other one in a backpack with the Drows. The backpack is lying on a mechanism. So if you take the ambrust out there, just put something heavy back in.

My crash has so far occurred on the game char. Can't say whether it also occurs when I equip a member.

And apparently it is unfortunately not the only item that causes the game to crash. The alleged Abilty 1 item which eim gives the Vettel for letting them live also leads to the crash of the game. And it's very annoying because the game crashes exactly after the Auto Save. So every attempt to load the game crashes again

veteran
veteran
Cool, thanks for the pointer. I'll go on an adventure and hunt for them.

Meanwhile, I know it's been reported so it's only a matter of time before it sees a fix. For now I guess we should just avoid equipping them 😬

apprentice
apprentice

What forgot to say. Be careful when you go to the backpack. The wall cannot be climbed although it should. Use the function hop or you will fall through the world and lie dead in the camp. That happens all the time because of a collision problem with the camera.

apprentice
apprentice

You could also test the problem with the sickle forging. I had the problem that I have 2 different types of sickle. 1 with W1d4 and another exactly the same item W2d4 but only the one with W1d4 I could forge. There are sickles in the Underdark with the Kuo Toa and one of them was the one with W2d4

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by helgerd
Can we please stop necroing this thread?

yeah!

63% of all statistics are completely made up ~ Abraham Lincoln
S
stranger
stranger
S
My friend and I on multiplayer keep crashing when starting from the burning village heading to the knoll cave where the thieves were continuously after the new patch hit.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard