Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Encounter with Ancient Mud Mephits and a few wood beasts is absolute chaos in the small area it takes place in.

The encounter quickly became unplayable as the game tried to figure out pathing and combat moves for the Mephits when too many of them were spawned. I don't know if this would be a bug in the enemy AI since they almost continually spawned Young Mud Mephits one after another until a ridiculous amount were in play.

On enemy turns it would take 2-3 minutes per enemy on "Plotting Next move..." and "Getting in Range..." parts of their attacks. It'd eventually seem to just time out and move on to the next enemy. I was about 30 minutes into this encounter before losing all hope and chalking it up to being unplayable.

https://i.imgur.com/aDyA7sC.jpg

stranger
stranger
The only problem I had with this fight was that the Young Mephits were bugged to not move or take action so I'd be waiting a minute or so in-between turns. I'm sure there's multiple ways of approaching this fight but I buffed Lae'Zel with Jump which broke stealth and initiated the fight. She had a surprise round so I jumped her in about twenty meters on top of one of the Ancient Mephits triggering them to attack her instead of endlessly spawning the young ones.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I saw the same situation as XenQ7- the young mephits took no actions the entire fight. The ancient mephits and wood woads behaved normally.

Link Copied to Clipboard