Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Y
stranger
stranger
Y
My laptop has Intel HD 620 Graphics and I get constant DirectX crashes. To the point where I am thinking about giving up. Video quality is terrible too. Do I need a better card/machine?

It worked fine for Skyrim and Original Sin.

Intel Core i3 2.4 ghz 8GB RAM 64-bit

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Yarrgg
My laptop has Intel HD 620 Graphics and I get constant DirectX crashes. To the point where I am thinking about giving up. Video quality is terrible too. Do I need a better card/machine?

It worked fine for Skyrim and Original Sin.

Intel Core i3 2.4 ghz 8GB RAM 64-bit

In your case, yes, you are below the min specs for this game.

To all the rest: There can be some chipsets (nvidia or amd) that have shader pipelines that are not compatible with some shaders in some games (like the libraries used). Try setting everything to the lowest levels and work your way back up from there. In some cases in the past, I had to do as much shader disabling as possible for games to be stable on some video cards. Usually older GPU's (not necessarily the model of the card).

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
I had the same issue when setting to the maximum refresh rate my monitor supports -- 144Hz, but the artifacts goes away when I set it to 120Hz, which is plenty for this game. I have a RTX2060ti Max-Q

stranger
stranger
I think I speak for everyone when i say this is the first thing we did

stranger
stranger
knowing what I know now, I would have purchased the game through Stadia instead of steam

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by RussianAlly
Originally Posted by Loki the Cat
This might be obvious, but the Game runs on Vulkan, unless you manually switched to DX11.
If you have these problems with DX11, why did you switch off Vulkan? Or have you at all?

Older Radeon cards do not support Vulkan, so we have to run on DirectX 11. The game crashes if you try running it on Vulkan as there's no support.

I'm having the same issue on an AMD Radeon HD 6900. I've had the same issue with Mount & Blade 2 (if that's any help at all, I'm not sure if they fixed it). This was NOT an issue with Divinity: Original Sin 2. Sometimes tweaking some of the lighting options cause the lines to flicker more or less, and sometimes it generates weird particle effects, but mostly it's just a bunch of flickering mostly blue/green lines running horizontally through the screen. They DON'T seem to run over the UI overlay elements, only the main game scenes themselves. They run over a character's avatar 'cause I suppose it's generated and then inserted into the UI overlay.

I don't have the problem with mount and blade 2. So maybe they fixed it or we have different settings that fix this?
At least in the last patch they fixed the lighting problem that was created by the bloom effect so there is hope they will get this next..

stranger
stranger
Anyone found a fix for this issue yet? I dont have the money to upgrade my pc to fix this problem....

stranger
stranger
Got this game bought for me for an early bday present and now I am stuck unable to play, I spent 20+ hours and steam attempting to tweak literally every setting and in every variation as well as researching possible solutions and they refuse to give me a refund. I dont really want a refund I just want to be able to enjoy the game

old hand
old hand
+1, been on Vulkan since launch. RTX 2080ti, updated drivers.

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
stranger
stranger
Anyone have any fixes yet?

L
stranger
stranger
L
I hope this problem can be addressed soon. Like others, I cannot log in with Vulkan as it crashes immediately. When I open with DirectX I get the horizontal flashing lines.

I have 3 computers in the household and I have tried to run it on all of them. I have had no problem running any other game and the one thing I've seen in common with all of these is the graphics cards.

Computer 1 = AMD Radeon HD 6800 series
Computer 2 = AMD Radeon HD 6900 series
Computer 3 = AMD Radeon HD 7570m

Looking into the graphics cards themselves, it might be time for me to update the first two, even though we've had no problems with other new games recently purchased. It looks like the first two might not be compatible? However, the third one was on the list for certain as being compatible (along with other specs) and this graphics issue acts the exact same in all 3 systems.

The game itself seems to otherwise run fine. I can move the character around, interact, etc. The cinematics are beautiful and smooth. But the lines in the gameplay itself are just impossible to enjoy so I can't play, and I've purchased 2 copies already. I know it is still in early access, but I'd at least like to get to the point of testing bugs, not struggling to just open it.

Edit Note: I didn't post other specs, but otherwise the default settings on opening the game is set to high based on the rest of the systems. I modified the video settings, turning them way down to see if it would help but it did not.

Last edited by Lobstercorgi; 29/10/20 02:44 AM. Reason: Addition
L
stranger
stranger
L
Nov 10th Update:
After letting it sit for a while and seeing the Oct 30th update, went in to try it again.
The lines are about the same on all lower settings, but when the setting is at Ultra (default settings) the lines are SUBSTANTIALLY better. Not gone, but might be more at a level to be able to get in and actually test out the game without having a headache level.

Edit: Nope. Still headache level. And the cutscenes with the characters themselves are all sorts of graphic nonsense. Gameplay itself seemed generally fine otherwise.

Last edited by Lobstercorgi; 10/11/20 05:30 PM.
stranger
stranger
I assume by now it's safe to say this is not going to be resolved soon (if ever). So I just wasted my money ...

B
stranger
stranger
B
The problem remained after patch 4 ((
The engine is the same as in Divinity 2, there was no problem there. Radeon HD 6700. Sucks.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard