Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
F
stranger
stranger
F
Hi.

I don't like reposting feedback that has already been given. Just to summarize, three pointers.

> please make it possible to create somewhat older (grizzeld) characters.
> the ability to add scars, skin blemishes and wrinkles would go a long way.
> a rough or evil sounding voice.. the current ones sound a little to bit to much of a 'goody two shoes' if you ask me.

A human warrior should not look like a 16 year old influencer 😂 It should look and sound closer to Sandor Clegane (Sven in his armor)

[Linked Image]

p.s. if all else fails, please allow custom character portraits (that way characters would act as miniatures)

Last edited by Frith; 13/10/20 07:40 AM.
I would just really, really like some face/body sliders.

Two of the druids doing the ritual or whatever standing around outside are old looking (male and female), and both look great. Both heads should be added to the character creator.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Halsin is also super jacked up.

I hope thats a clue that unique body models are possible.

stranger
stranger
Sure, we need more races... especially of the furry variety... but in addition to specifying who we "dream of" I'd like to select which genders my character is(n't) interested in (male/female/other). Being able to turn off NPCs flirting with my very-not interested character would be nice. It would also make it a lot more like D&D if I could turn off the entire romance subplot.

My character is asexual, even if I'm not.

Cool your jets Shadowheart and Lae'zel. I'm more interested in the gay vampire, and he's not getting any either.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Originally Posted by Uncle Lester
I wholeheartedly agree on the "exotic races should look exotic". Especially elves that currently have very... heavy features. I would NOT guess that's an elf if I didn't see the ears. Some female options are ok, but most don't look "elfy" at all imo.

I liked how they made Macha in Dawn of War 3 look, [Linked Image] .
They made the Eldar look a bit more alien yet also human-like.
The Elder Scrolls goes further with it but I am not a fan of how they look in that series at all tbh, but there's that too.

These are two from Helen Zenko on Artstation too.
A Wych and Slaanesh Daemonette, I think that the Daemonettes face is a good example too tho.
[img]https://cdna.artstation.com/p/asset...6/large/helen-zenko-face1.jpg?1562009052[/img]
[img]https://cdna.artstation.com/p/asset...arge/helen-zenko-facemain.jpg?1563206963[/img]

old hand
old hand
You can be anyone in this game. Even a bearded transgender gnome woman who worships Lolth. Choose who you've always wanted to be and make your dreams come true in the character editor.
It would be a funny easter egg if the game understood that we created a freak, and there would be comments from NPCs and companions about this.

(I won't do that, but I know that some streamers will)

[Linked Image]

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
old hand
old hand
I might be going out on a limb here but saying that you can create a transgender individual and it would be funny if the developers made the game recognize you as a freak miiiiiight be taken as a slightly offensive comment.

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Orbax
I might be going out on a limb here but saying that you can create a transgender individual and it would be funny if the developers made the game recognize you as a freak miiiiiight be taken as a slightly offensive comment.

I didn't want to offend any gender, and I didn't want to racially discriminate against dwarves, insult their feelings. I just wanted to say that if a player makes an obvious freak, then he should be punished, for example, sarcastic comments and reactions from others.

If you can see 100% without error that the player deliberately creates a freak and does not want to play normally.
Well, or what is much easier to do so that the game forbids doing so.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
I’d LOVE more cc options, especially things like heterochromia. Right now eyebrows are part of the face texture so unless they change them to a separate one we are stuck with 1 eyebrow type per face. Which doesnt bother me actually as i like how the eyebrows look. I assume scars will be the same - part of the face texture. I do think they could pull it off though, since the face textures are some of the most realistic I’ve seen.

Last edited by Arideya; 29/10/20 04:58 AM.

"There are three things that are strength incarnate: there is love of life, there is fear of death, and there is family. A family that loves death would have a strong pull indeed." - Tamoko
enthusiast
enthusiast
Horn color would be neat too for Tieflings.
I'd like separate colors too for things like lipstick if they're going to add that later instead of just a preset for all of it as well as more facial markings and also body tattoos.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I didn't want to offend any gender, and I didn't want to racially discriminate against dwarves, insult their feelings. I just wanted to say that if a player makes an obvious freak, then he should be punished, for example, sarcastic comments and reactions from others.

You can be anyone in this game. Even a bearded transgender gnome woman who worships Lolth. *snip*
It would be a funny easter egg if the game understood that we created a freak, and there would be comments from NPCs and companions about this.

hmmmm...

+1 to more character creator options, especially the option to make elves and other races look more otherworldly and less human

enthusiast
enthusiast
Horn color WOULD be neat.
Also Goblins and Hobgoblins.
And Whatever else, I'm drunk.

I'm saying Humans and Human like races bore me.

addict
addict

The reason why it comes of as offensive is because "What is considered to be a freak?"

A bearded lady? Yeah, women all around the world are already very insecure regarding their facial hair. They don't need that crap in a videogame.
A guy with pink hair and make up? Same thing applies here.

I do understand what you mean since lore wise we know that prejudice already exists among the population(just ask a drow or a tiefling) and that the setting is somewhat medieval with a bit steampunk tech, so somewhere around the 13th or 14th century in our world which, based on our own history books would mean that people not following the conformed rules of appearance set by culture and society would have a hard time in places of civilization. But lore wise Faerun is also populated by elves, gnomes, halflings, dwarfs, orcs and whole bunch other sentient humanoid races so there should be a somewhat built up tolerance for odd looking characters. It might also be worth mentioning that WotC is very much on the guard of being accused of not showing acceptance of all races/genders/sexualities etc after all the hate they've been given the last year or so. So I don't want such a feature put in and I would be overly surprised if it happened.

On the plus side, that fear of negative reception among media can be a good motivator for body types. I e #WotCFatshaming smile

Last edited by PrivateRaccoon; 29/10/20 06:32 AM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Frith

> please make it possible to create somewhat older (grizzeld) characters.

THAT

scars and dirt options would be nice too. And the possibility to choose the eyebrows color.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon

I e #WotCFatshaming smile

How are they fat shaming?

Either way, the non-lore friendly stuff is really just breaking the fourth wall.
Canonically I think that it's fair to assume that even if you make your character look that way in reality they don't.
Larian even went out of their way to label things as non-lore friendly.

So I honestly don't think that it makes sense for them to point it out in dialogue.
It'd be like if you modded your character to have a penis in their forehead, it's just a visual thing but not canon.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Svalr

I e #WotCFatshaming smile

How are they fat shaming?

Either way, the non-lore friendly stuff is really just breaking the fourth wall.
Canonically I think that it's fair to assume that even if you make your character look that way in reality they don't.
Larian even went out of their way to label things as non-lore friendly.

So I honestly don't think that it makes sense for them to point it out in dialogue.
It'd be like if you modded your character to have a penis in their forehead, it's just a visual thing but not canon.

Tbh that was just me alluring to the fact that we right now can't make our characters obese. And pretty much everyone in the game(as far as I have reached) is more or less slim and athletic. I don't think that they fatshame, But, you could accuse them of that to make a point of telling Larian to include body types. Just a simple manipulation of a company's fear for bad publicity smile Morally ambiguous, for sure. Something that hasn't happened before. nope smile That's a normal tactic in lobbyism.

Last edited by PrivateRaccoon; 29/10/20 03:27 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I'd rather... not go too hard with what WOTC want, after they went on that tangent about orcs and.. you know, it looks like they've sort of lost their senses.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by GloriousZote
I'd rather... not go too hard with what WOTC want, after they went on that tangent about orcs and.. you know, it looks like they've sort of lost their senses.

Yep. For all the years I've been familiar with fantasy, I never once thought about orcs as even vaguely alluding to any group of real-life humans. Maybe "northern raiders" if anything.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Tbh that was just me alluring to the fact that we right now can't make our characters obese. And pretty much everyone in the game(as far as I have reached) is more or less slim and athletic. I don't think that they fatshame, But, you could accuse them of that to make a point of telling Larian to include body types. Just a simple manipulation of a company's fear for bad publicity smile Morally ambiguous, for sure. Something that hasn't happened before. nope smile That's a normal tactic in lobbyism.

Well, it's definitely not fatshaming.
There's a difference between not portraying people who are obese and shaming them.

You're right that it's a tactic, but it's an extremely scummy and disingenuous tactic which also diminishes the term.
Even worse if you're aware of what you're doing, that just makes it 10 times worse.
And I think that this has more to do with it just being too much extra work especially in EA to adapt everything to different body types, it's not as simple as just expanding the gear with the models you'd end up breaking things it's a lot of extra work.
But some level of customization I'd imagine will be there, but I wouldn't expect straight up obesity tbh.
Or well, the line for '' obese '' medically is quite low I think, but I mean people who are very large and not just has a bit of a belly.

I think that something like this is a bit more realistic to expect. [Linked Image]

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard