Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
journeyman
journeyman
Bug: throwing spider egg next to hag prevents hag from setting fire to a wooden cage, this makes the hag never able to act in a turn, and makes the game crash after fight is resolved. Tried this several times.

Last edited by Skarpharald; 10/10/20 08:09 PM.
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Unfortunately I have lost control on being able to edit my post to add more bugs to it. IF anyone knows a solution to let me edit my own post again please let me know!

stranger
stranger
THIS LIST IS CUT FROM MY POST IN THE FEEDBACK-THREAD (I deleted that part there)

(just realized that there should be a Bug-Thread)

1. Assassinated (sneak-killed without being detected) the goblin look-out (right side of the bridge) at the goblin camp entrance -> blackscreen (BG3 mouse pointer visible) and stuck in blackscreen until reload;
1.1 Astarion sneaked up to the gobbos ladder, got caught, fight initiated, was beamed back to the group;
1.2 Also can't save here due to "Mid-dialogue save is disabled"-prompt even though I'm not in a dialogue (this status wont' end; stuck in a dialogue without being in a dialogue) --> after a few reloads of different savegames, it now seems to me that this happened either directly after the 2-Brothers-Aunt-Ethel 1st encounter or the blackscreen mentioned above. Reloads didn't help, I needed to restart the game to be able to save again.

2. In Character Creation, the "Delete" key does not work (when you type your name for example)

3. when you start the game, the "press any key" prompt is a lie. I need to click with my mouse, spacebar doesn't work

4. After I killed the assassin bugbear, Nadira initiates conversation twice (1st time with my char, 2nd time with shadowheart). she wanted to depart from the soul coin twice but ended the convo with "somebody pickpocketed me" although she gave me the coin after the first conversation. Both convos started automatically and without a real pause (it was like half a second)

5. I can't target my own chars or enemies in the initiative-bar. Example: Shadowheart wants to heal -> targets astarion when he is literally next to her -> Can't target. Same for targeting enemies. has to be done "on the board"

6. "Can't reach"-prompt pops up although I reached it, am reaching it and will always...reach it.

7. Mouse-wheel does not work in the journal

8. (not really a bug) In the Nautiloid when you are in the area with the ceremobirthing pod (the young woman in the pod) and you can press the button to ceremorphisify her --> Pod is always empty. You can only see it's content (first woman, then mind flayer) in the convo-cinematics. Kinda breaks immersion a bit.

9. (again, not a bug per se, but it feels like one): Second Volo-encounter (where he is captured in the gobbo village) is a mess. I don't understand my reponses (not clear what the intentions behind my answers are) and Volo always restarts at the "Dror Ragzlin, erhm, Dror Ragzlin" bit. Conversation/event seems unfinished.

Relax before you do stupid stuff - like get a new graphics card when you don't know how many PCIe cables you got left.
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Thanks for the additions to this! Once I figure out how to get back the ability to edit my post again I will add these! (The edit option is not showing up anymore).

i posted this in a thread of my own earlier. But i'll just add it to this list instead. Hopefully OP finds out how to edit soon smile

Firstly, Larian please add an In-game feedback/reporting tool. Some kind of in-game tool to report bugs and provide feedback would be nice. That way it's easier to report "on the fly" while you're playing and notice stuff you'd want to report or comment on.

*No tooltip when you get a quest reward. Has to go in to invetory to search for them

*Alt key does not highligt all interactable items and objects. I do not find it fun to sweep my mouse cursor across the screen all the time looking to things I can click on. This isn't an old LucasArt point-and-click adventure game. (Obiously objects that you can't see or havent been discovered should not be highlighted).

*When characters does a successful perception roll and detects hidden objects you most of the time have no idea what thy just discovered. Alt key does not highligt it either (see above).

*In the character creator, show us what features and abilities you will get at higher levels. Impossible to plan head as it is right know unless you're intimately familiar with the DnD rules.

*When at camp, you should be able to open inventory and character sheet even for companions that isn't currently in your group. Kind of tedious to have to dismiss and invite companions just to equip gear or level up.

*Let me rotate my characters in the invetory screen. I want to look at my new fancy armor!

*Abilities disappear from hotbar when clicked on every now and then

*It's very finicky to rearrange character portraits and split and regroup characters. Needs to be improved. For example an "chain all"/"unchain all" button would be welcomed.

*The pathing is terrible and need to me improved.

*Regarding dice rolls. Show me the actual dice roll. ie the number the dice actually stops on. And then add modifiers on top of that, add some graphics that show the modifier being added after the dice has stopped and then show a summary. Or at least add this as a toggle option in the settings menu.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I was able to get it fixed and will be adding a ton of more bugs to the list!!! YAY!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by SlaveToTheGames
I was just going to say we can pool ours together if you want? I am trying to make the biggest & most comprehensive Bug list/ feedback for the devs to go to. Like a one stop shop for everyone. Feel free to also grab from my own as I continue to add to this.
I was going to do the same thing, lets join forces laugh

Here a list of what I encountered so far:

Bugs:

-Most conversations start with characters not moving their mouths.

-Camera sometimes gets stuck on terrain.

-Save games sometimes take a lot longer to load.

-When first leaving the nautiloid ship the crash cutscene sometimes doesn't trigger.

-Enemies ignore prone status.

-Enemies sometimes ignore sleeping status.

-Race tags listed twice on character sheets. (companions too)

-Several Drow (Lolth-Sworn) dialogue options are showing the tags blank [ ]

-Battlemaster maneuvers doesn't spend superiority dice.

-Great Weapon Fighting not working properly.

-Some enemies engaged in conversation can be repeatedly attacked by the party.

-Goblin's Wardrums work after being destroyed

-Bird in Nettie's room disappears into the ground when interacted.

-When using two Warlocks Hex don't stack or benefit each others attacks, and when a second hex is cast the first warlock can't reapply.

-When speaking to the Hag there is [Human] option even though I was a Drow.

-the Hag's true form was beside her during the conversation.

-the Hag's deal doesn't change your eye.

-the Hag's masks can simply be sent to camp to dispel.

-Hag didn't attack the party.

-the Arcane barrier behind the Hag's hut looks like missing textures.

-After the first dialogue with Shadowheart a duplicate appears on the last line.

-Darkvision spell doesn't work

-Familiar stops following the party for no reason.

-Familiar action bar sometimes appears grouped with the party even after dying.

-Imp Familiar doesn't have darkvision.

-Spider Familiar doesn't have darkvision.

-After persuading the Hobgoblin leader he gets stuck in a animation loop while sitting on his throne. (pretty funny tbh)

-Goblins on the Goblin Camp entrance remain friendly after killing their leaders.

-Minotaur corpse keeps standing with arms open.

-Spectator's Charm remains on the Drow even after the monster dies.

-Drow who were petrified attack the party even though they aren't hostile.

-Drow who aren't charmed during the fight attack the party instead of the Spectator.

-Backpack in Myconid's vault room can't be interacted.

-Picking up a Sussur Bark doesn't update quest.

-Sussur Bark map marker keeps following the character.

-Sussur Bark map marker stays on the melting furnace after forging the weapon.

-Can't combine Sickle with the Sussur infused melting furnace.

-Button on the wall inside Underdark Ruined Tower makes the character descend a floor to interact.

-Druid Halsin keeps shouting "You deserve to be banished" at camp.

-If Kagha is killed at camp scene her body appears on the Druid Cove.

-Asking Shadowheart about her Shar worship can roll persuasion checks every time to max her approval.

-Dialogue option asking Shadowheart about the druid grove is listed twice.

-Shadowheart keeps asking to search for Halsin after he is already at the camp.

-During Volo's experimental treatment the character is floating beside the table.

-Sometimes tadpole FX stays on the character's head for the entire dialogue.

-Scratch sometimes don't appear in camp.

-During quest "Free the artist" if you refuse to help him the dialogue get stuck in a loop, Wyll disapproves every time and you can' t go back to the other options.

-Find the Githyanki Crèche quest doesn't update after encounter with the patrol.

-Left house in Waukeen's Rest can't be entered despite having no door.

-If you knock out the tieflings at Lae'zel first encounter they die after talking to her.

-Using a healing spell on the Mind Flayer at the crash site kills him.

-During the Raid quest the Goblins don't join the party in attacking the druids.

-During the Raid quest if the party attack the druids from outside the grove they stand there doing nothing.

Necromancy is just recycling...
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
I don't know if this is in the list, but in the Blighted Village, when with Wyll and the goblin boss, after will questions the goblin he asked me to kill the goblin, and after I did he acted upset when I next spoke to him, like I killed the goblin boss prematurely, when I hadn't.

Also, in the "Kill the Devil" quest, the description says you are looking for a tiefling with only one horn. However, the devil (sorry I forgot her name) has 2 horns like normal. I wasn't sure if I was even talking to the right quest NPC, or if it was a test to see if my party would attack any random tiefling almost fitting the description.

Last edited by Dominemesis; 13/10/20 07:31 PM.
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I don't know HOW you (@Druid_NPC) linked me there as I am knew to the forum life, but I am moree than glad to add yours as well! I have already started working on adding more of my own and others! Just updated all of your replies my friends! Now back onto the grind of implementing the rest.

enthusiast
enthusiast
More bugs:

-Great Weapon Fighting not working.

-Mobile feat not working.

-Charm Spells not working.

-Repelling Blast invocation doesn't trigger fall damage.

-Repelling Blast invocation can't be toggled off.

-Silence spells not working.

-Concentration spells sometimes break when changing areas. (Familiar, Mage hand, etc.)

-Battlemaster Rally maneuver not working.

-Shot the owl bear first and was somehow surprised.

-Currently, the off-hand attack bonus (proficiency and stat mod) isn't being applied.

-Zoomed out map can't see the upper part in the Underdark.

-Minthara romance scene has several clippings.

Last edited by Druid_NPC; 14/10/20 03:19 PM.

Necromancy is just recycling...
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Adding them now! Thank you!

journeyman
journeyman
As I say here :
http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads...mp;Words=Tylm&Search=true#Post695091

To summurize :
- Ranger applies Colossus Slayer's passiv on full hit point units (it's not suppose to).
- Hit an ennmy with Hunter's mark doesn't apply Colossus Slayer, despite he's no full hp.

Last edited by Tylm; 14/10/20 08:41 PM.
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Got you!

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by SlaveToTheGames
Got you!

Thanks !!

S
stranger
stranger
S
The combat with skeletons in the Dank Crypt forced me to close the game and restart it. During the combat the skeleton got stuck on it's turn and didn't/couldn't move.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Thanks for the bug report!

V
stranger
stranger
V
Quest-breaking bug: In Zentharim hideout, Jarg, Karad and Vol are marked as enemies and they start a battle instantly after looking at me. I can't speak with Zarys because of that. Also if I use ladder that leads me to Zarys, it is counted as tresspassing for some reason. Also when the fight starts I am getting a notification that quest with Auntie Ethel is updated - that things got violent with her and she didn't like it

UPD: This happens when you choose the PERSUASION option and offer the guy who holds the chest to share it. After I reloaded to gnoll battle and decided not even touch the chest - I was welcomed at the cave

Last edited by vnezapno; 16/10/20 11:34 PM.
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Thanks for letting me know!!!

veteran
veteran
Pin!

First page is great, little hard to read without spacing in the formatting, but pretty comprehensive. Nice work

journeyman
journeyman
- Astarion at some point gained the ability to use his off-hand attack twice instead of once. I'm PRETTY sure this is a bug because when I use a bonus action (Which this does), it uses BOTH off-hand uses of what I believe SHOULD BE only one use.

- Not a bug, Astarion simply becomes Thief with two bonus actions.

Some game mechanics issues:

- Guidance currently does roll d4 on background everytime again when game UI or engine does request its value. This is reason for many observed weirdness with dialogue rolls or shove.
- Pass without Trace adds +10 to all skill checks including checks in dialogue or shove check
- Bonus attack with offhand weapon does not add ability modifier to attack roll (even when the modifier is negative)
- Bonus attack with offhand weapon does add ability modifier to damage roll for all classes from 1st level. This should be case only for Figher/Ranger with Two weapon fightning style. In other words this style does nothing currently.
- Ranger Hunter's mark does not apply extra damage for bonus attack with offhand weapon.
- Shattered Flail passive triggers with every damage instance inluding bonus attacks or even each missile of Magic Missile spell.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard