Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Please list of errors, bugs and glitches encountered in multiplayer meant for Larian Studios to look at as they work on the game. Be factual and list the bugs encountered when playing multiplayer from 2 to 4 players. Hopefully this thread can help Larian Studios to more easily see bugs and errors and to fix them before the finished game releases smile.

Last edited by Staticshield; 07/10/20 10:35 AM.
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
This is from my experience player multiplayer for about 3 hours yesterday (Excuse my misspelling)

Here is a list of errors I and a friend of mine encountered while playing the game together:

1. [A MAJOR ISSUE] The second cutscene of the game (The one after character creation is done) had some audio issues with headphones. The music was only relayed through 1 of the headphone's cups. Only 1 player experienced this out of 2 people playing multiplayer.

2. [A MINOR ISSUE][ When first loading in to the playable tutorial area after character creation, for a few frames both PC's were stuck in a T-pose.

3. [A MINOR ISSUE] Game Crash: Tried to use the "Push action" with a Mage Hand on another players Mage Hand. Resulted in a crashed game for the pushing player.

4. [A MINOR ISSUE] In the starting area it was possible to panorama the camera outside the map, which my friend complained looked really ugly. (Didn't see it myself so I cannot confirmed if it is a bug or a feature)

5. [A MAJOR ISSUE] Textures takes a long time to load after loading a save. (It is pixelated with horrible resolution ~64*140 pixels or something). Also occurred after every loading screen.

6. [A MAJOR-ISH ISSUE] Text chat didn't work. (Don't know if it is implemented yet or not). Pressing ENTER did nothing, and rebinding the key yielded the same result.

7. [A MINOR ISSUE] . Items picked up from the inventory doesn't snap to the cursor, but stays the same relative to the cursor when you pick it up. This means that it is possible to select an item at it's bottom-right corner and makes the item look like it is floating above and to the left of the cursor.

8. [A MINOR ISSUE] The Brain dog (Us), doesn't auto-teleport to the player and can get stuck on the second floor where he is found if you don't allow him to use the elevator. Not a major issue but I can se potential frustration animal companions have the same problem during the entire game. Possibilities of them getting stuck at places.

9. [A MINOR ISSUE] Cinematics looks weird in multiplayer, where the non-main character just stands around and do nothing while crazy things happen in the background. It is also possible for characters to block scenes in smaller cutscenes, which is a bit off-putting.

10. [A MAJOR ISSUE] A Larger problem. When opening loot and double-clicking the inventory box, it can get stuck to the cursor, following it around when the cursor moves around the screen. It's impossible to de-select and can only be fixed by dragging the item box down so that it hits the bottom of the screen, then it is possible to select the exit button. This problem was easily repeatable. (It happened in the chest at the mind-flayer button which triggers an encounter with thralls with an emerald-looking gemstone and some gold inside)

11. [A MINOR ISSUE] Volume and music settings reset when the game closes and restarts, which is annoying.

12. [A MINOR ISSUE] Player 1 cannot see player 2's Mage Hand in combat.

13. [A MINOR ISSUE] Mind-flayer pods doesn't show any npc's inside of them (even when a constant monologue can be heard from one of them *ahem* Cleric *ahem*).

14. [A MINOR ISSUE] When the Wizard examines the runes of the pod containing the Cleric-origin character and Player 2 looks at the animation, there is a glitch where the wizard leans forward only to immediately snap back into a resting position. A bit immersive breaking.

15. [A MINOR ISSUE] Bad physics on mind-flayer face-tentacles during cutscene. They flail around all over the plays G-mod style (not quite that bad but still not optimal).

16. [A MAJOR ISSUE]. When 2 player attack the same enemy at the same time, and one of them is slightly quicker. If the enemy dies the second player looses both their action AND their bonus action without doing anything.

17. [A MINOR ISSUE] The Cinematic where the players teleport out of the Infernal planes with the mind-flayer ship is filled with terrible textures and chunky animation. (The dragons flames looked awful)

18. [A MINOR ISSUE] Laggy cinematics.

19. [A MAJOR ISSUE]. Desync problem: Player 1 shoved player 2 into water, which caused a Long freeze and a desync problem. Player 1 could see player 2 standing in the water unmoving even after player 2 moved far away on his screen. Player 1 could still interact with player 2's still model. (Shoving it) which fixed the problem but shoved Player 2 who were miles away.

20. [A MINOR ISSUE]. It is possible to select "gold coins" as "wares to sell" by SHIFT-LEFT MOUSE clicking. (Don't know if this is intended but it seems weird to me)

Last edited by Staticshield; 07/10/20 10:40 AM.
stranger
stranger
[Major Issue] - Having your character die, and then Lae'zal activate the mind flayer helm at the end of the mind flayer ship level ends up with you being possibly dead, but the game doesn't register as such when you wake up on the beach.

Specs: i9 processor, Raedon 5500M GPU, steam install, installed yesterday after launch.
Repro Steps:

- Begin fight on the mind flayer ship when the mind flayer says 'Thrall, go and activate the helm'.
- have your main character but NOT Lae'zal go unconcious/die before getting Lae'zal to activate the helm.
- Wake up on the beach as your main character without Lae'zal in the party.
- Character was dead, but the game was just running as normal. I couldn't short rest or do anything so i had to load a previous autosave.

stranger
stranger
Is Stadia Multiplayer working?

stranger
stranger
DSINC on steam after any NPC talk

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by og0id
Is Stadia Multiplayer working?

MP on Stadia hasn't worked for me. On the title screen, when choosing multiplayer, the game crashes.

M
stranger
stranger
M
[Major Issue] - During a 4 player party, two of us were experiencing combat lag so bad our actions were literally about 3-4 minutes behind. The person who created the game was on the east coast (United States) as well as one of the other party members. The two of us that were experiencing the issue were on the west coast. Any time we would attack we wouldn't see it happen, even though the player that started the game could see it. This resulted in us missing the end of the fights, not being able to full control our characters, and missing sections of the story after the fight because of that large 3-4 minute delay.

Note - I created a new multiplayer game with the friend that was on the west coast (Same state actually) and we didn't experience the massive lag, just general game lag with performance issues.

stranger
stranger
Some spoilers ahead so don't read. I just want the devs to be able to see bugs.

When entering the druids cave for the 1st time, if a second player activates one of the plaque cutscenes while the host is still in the conversation they will black screen and have to leave the game and return

Black screen for second player if leaving a area at the same time of quicksave

Sometimes speaker is not where he is supposed to be in conversations, leading to some humorous acrobatics when talking with others

NPC spaghetti after death

Illithid does not appear in birthing pod after perfecting

Intellect Devourer in perfection chamber didnt fight, ran figure 8s around the map instead until we left

Some strange animations if a stealthed player gets pulled into a conversation (unfolding from the ground)

Summoning a mage hand in the dragons den causes the tiefling child to repeat dialog until crash

Sometimes a non-host will be "in dialog" after listening to a conversation, causing a inability to save

General texture popping and disappearing

Mouths sometimes dont move during cutscenes

Dialog is sometimes cut off before finishing (audio)

stranger
stranger
My friend and I found a bug that consistently crashed the game early on. He was host and his framerate was not capped. When queueing up a jump action, his game would freeze. After I completed the jump action twice, the game crashed. We were able to repeat this twice in a row. Problem was fixed when he capped his framerate.

stranger
stranger
[Major Issue] -
playing with a friend, a very strong out of sync between us, I see his actions right away and he is his own only after 3-5 minutes because of this, the battle can last long and I simply cannot continue playing,please fix it. Note - we are not far from each other,normal internet.

Last edited by YourPersonalClow; 07/10/20 04:56 PM.
stranger
stranger
Reposting this because my original thread is in the feedback/suggestions section when it really shouldn't be.

A group of two friends and I didn't get very far into the game, only about to the first combat encounter with the imps before we wound up having to stop because it was all getting to be a bit too much. I was not the host in these instances, and our host player did not change when we attempted to restart.

[Minor Issue]: A lot of the weapon holding animations were bugged for me. Characters took unarmed stances while holding their weapons, Lae’zel was holding her greatsword like a dagger, and most strangely of all, whenever I watched someone use a bow, they took the unarmed stance and 'threw' the arrows as if they were throwing an object. The only character that was normal was my own, and my friends claimed that on their ends everything looked normal

[Major Issue]: One of us (the only player using windows 7) was experiencing a lot of freezes, and had trouble keeping up me and the host in game. It was especially bad when combat started, where he seemed to be a few full minutes behind us when he described what was happening, about a minute and a half if I had to guess. After switching from Vulcan to Direct X on Windows 7, he said the game seemed to smooth out significantly.

[Major Issue]: Our player who was lagging behind and freezing constantly had infinite movement during the combat encounter with the imps

[Minor Issue]: After we restarted the lobby, one of our players joined and somehow had a clone of his character's portrait in the fourth slot (Image attached)
http://https://imgur.com/a/cKaghrz

[Major Issue]: We attempted to manually save the game before restarting the lobby, but no save was recorded. The last autosave was set to the start of the game, rather than the start of the combat encounter before meeting Lae'zel despite us getting the autosave successful message at that time.

[Major Issue]: The player who was lagging behind and freezing was killed by fire in the first room and could not move after being revived by the host.

Can confirm after a lot of time playing singleplayer that this was specific to multiplayer only. I haven't encountered the first bug or the save bug in singleplayer.

Last edited by Kalista; 07/10/20 05:36 PM.

Show me your "vaunted" strength. And I shall expose the lie of your fragmented existence!
stranger
stranger
Husband and I are playing in the same household, separate computers. He is Hosting. We each control 1 custom character and 1 origin character.

[MAJOR-ISH ISSUE] I had Razer Cortex running initially and would crash my game when i would try and cast a spell. Stopped happening when i turned off Razer Cortex and relaunched the game, have not tried replicating the issue in single player.

[MINOR ISSUE] All actors load in T posing and would stay like that until they start moving.

[MINOR ISSUE] Frequently NPC actors speaking would not have their mouths moving

[MINOR ISSUE] Textures load in severely pixelated, though i think this also was an issue in DOS2.

[MAJOR ISSUE] Twice in separate sessions and separate encounters one of us could not direct our Origin Character to take any actions when it is their turn. The screen would not show any of the action UI and only showed the 4 grey buttons with switch character and chat history. We have attempted to swap the Origin Character between players to resolve the issue however the second player experiences the same issue. Restarting the sessions seems to resolve this.

[MAJOR ISSUE] Players cannot initiate dialogue with partnered Origin Character, they would constantly respond with "not now/some other time (paraphrased)", hence cannot request Origin Character to leave the party to return to camp.

[MAJOR ISSUE] Manual saving on hosts' end sometimes does not work

[MAJOR ISSUE] One instance of non-combat desync. I would be moving around on my screen, however on host's screen I was staying still.

[MINOR ISSUE] Raven Familiar's animation freezes, have not tried to replicate on single player

[MAJOR-ISH ISSUE] Forced Cutscenes sometimes starts underneath the ground

[MAJOR ISSUE] Forced Cutscene SPOILERgoblin attack/SPOILER showed the scene as normal on host's screen, however on second player screen all actors are absent despite sound and voices coming through normally.

[MINOR ISSUE] Duplicate Actor for Origin Characters sometimes appear just as a cutscene ends. Have not tried to replicate on single player.

[MAJOR-ISH ISSUE] This probably is the cause for some of the other ones, but a player sometimes has the icon/flag showing they are still in dialogue with someone else despite moving around and performing tasks (inventory, equipment, navigating other menus) normally.

[MINOR ISSUE] An Enemy Combatant AI took a minute or two to decide its action. Have not tried to replicate on single player.

[MAJOR ISSUE] Origin Chat Cutscene sometimes advanced prematurely or ends prematurely. Seemed to only happen with host.

Last edited by neenernina; 07/10/20 06:13 PM.

Artist and Novice 5E DM

Art Portfolio
stranger
stranger
[MAJOR ISSUE] Cant join multiplayer session between Mac OS and Windows. "Joining failed: Players have different game versions". Windows game version in launcher is 4.1.83.2651, Mac OS version in launcher is 4.1.83.2865. Both are up to date and there are no new updates on Steam.

stranger
stranger
[Major Issue] Four of us just gave up playing together due to desync during the first battle. I was the host & we were using Direct Connect (other method wouldn't work at all). The reason for the problem seems to be that the game was saturating my upload, frequently running above 14 Mb/s (I have fibre broadband). I can't imagine a game should require that level of upload bandwidth.

[Major issue] Before giving up due to upload saturation issues, we had enormous trouble actually getting into the game. It took us numerous attempts to get the game going, as even though we had all clicked "venture forth", it was still stuck at "waiting for players".

Last edited by Felonious Monk; 07/10/20 07:11 PM.
stranger
stranger
Second Session, new game with the Update. I am the host, still playing with husband joining the session. Playing halfing rogue and a dwarf ranger. Each player controlling one custom character and one origin. Both players running DX11.

[MAJOR ISSUE] Character UI for origin character disappeared again, this time we were able to screenshot it and it was showing a dialogue prompt that was unclickable. Image Link

Encountered many of the minor bugs from the previous post, however this is the only major bug encountered in this session.

[MINOR ISSUE] Clothes i guess, disappear if you zoom out too far? Zoomed In || Zoomed Out

Artist and Novice 5E DM

Art Portfolio
stranger
stranger
[MAJOR ISSUE] During Multiplayer character creation game will randomly crash to desktop if more than one person is creating a character at a time, I have had it happen when only one character was creating a character also.

stranger
stranger
[MAJOR ISSUE] When trying to join a game with my friend (both on Steam version of the game) I get this error message; same thing happens when he tries to join my game. "Error. Joining failed: Players have different game versions. Please ensure you're up-to-date!"

stranger
stranger
[Major Issue] This post is referring to desync that occurs during combat when playing with other players.

Myself and three others started playing BG3 but from the very first combat scenario it appeared that one or more players were desynced from the others, resulting in combat actions and movement during turn based to be up to 3 minutes delayed.

This issue made it near impossible to play as a party. The issue would not resolve following combat unless turn based mode was toggled on and off again. It appears to be an issue with the turn based combat system.

Last edited by MonkeyMoobs; 08/10/20 12:39 PM.
stranger
stranger
[Major issue] I can't host a multiplayer. When trying to host I have no option to change who can join, the default: "nobody" is greyed out and I can't change it to anything. I tried it after setting my options to "friends only" and then "invite only". Can't invite anyone through Steam either. My husband had no such problems, though he's running Win 10, I am running Win 7.

[Major issue] Joining a multiplayer session opens a second game instance. I can only launch the game using the bizarre SHIFT trick, launching the game directly from Steam folder. Otherwise I get the common issue of the screen being black and the game not responding. When invited to a multiplayer session, after accepting, the game launches a second instance. If I accept the invite directly, without starting the game first, I get the black screen issue. So, in order to play multiplayer, I need to launch the game without the launcher, then accept the invite, wait for the game to open second time, and manually close the first instance.

[Major issue] After few minutes in, the game becomes, not only a slide show but a slow motion slide show, while it is running smoothly for the host. It is unplayable when that happens. All it took was to move to the next room, no actual encounters yet, just walking and interacting with the few items in the second room.

Last edited by Lijka; 08/10/20 04:34 PM. Reason: Added details
stranger
stranger
OSX Version differs from Windows.
I can confirm this. I cant' play with my friends because our versions are different, even thou they are probably the same.

Last edited by Foxzilla; 08/10/20 04:34 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard