Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Tiny issue, but the only reason I picked half elf instead was because there was no beard option for elves.

Make it an optional unlock like you can unlock colours that a particular race shouldn't have.

enthusiast
enthusiast
i guess they left it out because lore-wise, forgotten realms elves don't grow body hair at all.

but still might be nice to have the ability to unlock it similar to how colours unlock

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by blindhamster
i guess they left it out because lore-wise, forgotten realms elves don't grow body hair at all.

but still might be nice to have the ability to unlock it similar to how colours unlock

They can still have a fake beard.

enthusiast
enthusiast
that would be a fun item!

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf
They can still have a fake beard.

Chives would look good on a wood elf.

J'aime le fromage.
stranger
stranger
Elves don't have a beard option?

My friend I picked "Female" on the Githyanki for a moment and burst out laughing because she retained the beard and it looked ridiculous.

That's not a glitch either I don't think, even women can have full-on bushy beards, so it's a bit weird that Elves can't - even for lore reasons.

stranger
stranger
I've picked a female elf, because I couldn't have a beard on the male.

A guy without a beard is basically a female anyways... xD so it might as well have a vagina.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by blindhamster
that would be a fun item!

Pretty sure Mordenkainen made something like that once... wouldn't put it past him. laugh

H
stranger
stranger
H
I agree, I do not care if it's not canon if you can give females beards or demonic eyes to non-tieflings then you should be able to do the same to elves... If you really want to stick to canon just say it's a magical fake beard, heck if you really wanted you could even add some fun interactions in which other elves remark on how unusual it is for a elf to have a beard

veteran
veteran
Fake beards sounds incredibly fun! laugh
But you still have option to make Half-Elf ... they can grow facial hair by lore, and statisticaly there is not much difference between them. O_o

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink

Link Copied to Clipboard