Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 46 1 2 3 4 45 46
journeyman
journeyman
When entering the druids camp, first encounter/cuts energy, dialog doesn't finish before cutting to the next person.

Edit: happens multiple times in camp

Last edited by SpiderKiller; 08/10/20 03:57 AM. Reason: Updating issue
stranger
stranger
I noticed at the beginning of the game I was immune to any ranged attacks made by the imps on the ship. After walking up to the three commoners freeing the mindflayer, it appears that my character is immune to ALL ranged damage.

There is an attack animation, however my character doesn't react to the animation and no numbers appear over their head.

stranger
stranger
This has been an issues i've seen a few times, but when some characters will begin their first few lines of dialogue, their mouths won't move at all.

It has only happened so far while being on the ship at the beginning.

stranger
stranger
I encountered a bug, after I killed the Drow in the goblin temple with the Druid, I did the cut scene with him he told me to meet him back at the Grove, I fast travelled from the Goblin Camp to the Grove, I talked to Haslin, he told me to go see Rath for my reward, I collected my reward, ran back to Haslin did the dialogue with him where he tells the Druid chick she's starting over and re-learning the ways of the druid and that I would need to come back tomorrow for his help. It was at this point I decided to save the game and I received a message telling me that saving a game mid-dialogue was not allowed and for the next 4 hours while I ran around playing I couldn't save the game. My previous save game was just before the fight with the Drow. I had been in several cut scenes talking to various characters in the previous 4 hours till my parties death and at no point could I ever save the game.

Last edited by Kubriki; 08/10/20 04:35 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Noticing that pick-up and add to wares, does no add to ware.

journeyman
journeyman
When back at camp and get the dialogue for Gale, when he says he trusts you, if you try to use the tadpole to read his mind, then decide to stop, the tadpole mind invasion stays on the screen. At time this causes the characters to be covered up by the effect.

stranger
stranger
Just a few issues:

1. After I chose my warlock's eldritch invocations (Devil's Sight, Agonizing Blast) they don't show up on the character sheet and I definitely don't have any kind of Dark Vision let alone a type that sees through Darkness. I thought they might show up after another level if the stats/abilities got recalculated... but they didn't.
2. Hex sometimes vanishes after casting rather than being able to be cast again.
3. The familiar imp doesn't have Devil's Sight either. Totally night blind.
4. During the owlbear fight it told me that I would be disadvantaged on ranged attacks since someone was in melee. However, then it wouldn't let me take any action at all whether it was jump out of range, cast a spell at disadvantage or use an item.
5. Rally Cry doesn't restore 8 hit points. Seems very repeatable.
6. Revivify does not target characters that die in the water.
7. If a character is bleeding out (death saves) at the end of a fight and there is a cut scene, they WILL die since there is no way to Help or heal them.

Last edited by druth; 10/10/20 01:31 AM.
stranger
stranger
Rolling a 1 on a skill check auto fails. Natural 1s do not apply to skill checks in D&D please remove from the game.

Literally my first roll was a Investigation check on the bowl of soup wink it required a 5 to pass. I had +5 to that skill so it should be impossible for me to fail. Low an behold the 1 came up and I failed. Literally my first roll of this game was a 1. https://clips.twitch.tv/ResilientObservantTitanVoteNay

journeyman
journeyman
Just gonna add the links of the posts I've made since you only want quick summaries.

Black Screen and Lost Control During Intro
Lost control of my characters when trying to get the brain to regroup with my party.

"Find the Missing Shipment" Quest Marker problem
Quest marker for "Find the Missing Shipment" is a bit excessive and kind of annoying.

Typo in book in Kagha's room
Just a typo in a book (image included)

Phantom War Drum in Shattered Sanctum
Broken war drum was still used by a goblin despite not existing. (video included)

Ranged attacks not putting me in combat
Potentially caused by me being incredibly far away since I had high ground, my spells weren't putting me in combat at all. (video included)

Inventory scrolling up when moving items
Exactly what it sounds like. Annoying when managing inventory. (video included)

Sword of Justice still there
Sword of justice should be gone, but it's still equipped and I can still use it. (image included)

And I didn't make this one, but I was going to:
Defiled Temple Moon Door Puzzle Broke
Moon puzzle has missing pieces that seem to be moving around sporadically (video included)

stranger
stranger
Hi everyone,

First major bug I have encountered:

After visting the temple with Shadowheart, I tried a long rest. A conservation starts immediatly. Aftter Shadowheart spokes her lines, the dialog stucks because I can't answer. No dialog is showing for my Main Char.

journeyman
journeyman
In the Druids grove the Tiefling by the telescope - her conversation has an option to deceive, after successful deception the conversation loops back to the beginning with the same options again. Does not matter what happens then, as the first roll seems to win out and you get the item if you succeeded.

_
stranger
stranger
_
Most of the bugs I've encountered have been covered but got one that I haven't seen yet:

When switching profiles, the audio volume, at least on the music volume, resets back to normal even though it is set to zero.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Juneau
Rolling a 1 on a skill check auto fails. Natural 1s do not apply to skill checks in D&D please remove from the game.

Literally my first roll was a Investigation check on the bowl of soup wink it required a 5 to pass. I had +5 to that skill so it should be impossible for me to fail. Low an behold the 1 came up and I failed. Literally my first roll of this game was a 1. https://clips.twitch.tv/ResilientObservantTitanVoteNay

The way they have done skills is the roll needed that showed up (IE 5) is the base difficulty - your skill. So if it said 5 and you had a skill of 5 then the actual base difficulty was 10. So you needed a 10 and rolled a 1+5 = 6. I have tried on multiple characters different checks and the target number is different by the skill number of the character.

stranger
stranger
Game crashes on startup since the hotfix. I tried running Vulkan and Direct X 11, but both crash during the studio logo. Is anyone else experiencing this?

apprentice
apprentice
Some issues from the first few hours of play:

- sudden jump into character creation screen mid-cutscene at the beginning

- panning with the mouse doesn't work until WASD pressed. It then works intermittently, especially left & right of screen. After dialogue or entering new area it stops working again

- sometimes panning with WASD briefly doesn't work at all during combat

- the camera tends to get stuck or clip through in high relief terrain

- characters can walk through closed doors (or open door is drawn as closed)

- when descending a ladder all characters merge together and descend as one rather than going one after another

Last edited by jonn; 08/10/20 01:59 PM.
E
apprentice
apprentice
E
If you destroy a door, save, and then reload the door returns but is immortal and can't be interacted with at all. Companions can pass through it, so angling the right way to get them to walk through and then swapping to them is the only way past these phantom doors.

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Originally Posted by Jörgbörgbörg
Game crashes on startup since the hotfix. I tried running Vulkan and Direct X 11, but both crash during the studio logo. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Try these: Open task manager and kill any processes that started around the time the game did or when it crashed. Or reboot your computer. It seems to leave some background things running that make the launcher just constantly close itself sometimes. But you might be having a different issue, so that might not help you. Good luck.

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Originally Posted by Comander Tuvius
Originally Posted by LanceDH
Hunters Mark seems to carry over between combat. I killed something a while ago which ended combat. In new combat later on I was able to use it's re-apply option.
Not familiar with it in DnD, only googled the 5e description. Could be intentional in the game.

I have encountered this issue with an item that is supposed to grant 1 cast of Speak With Dead per day. It allows me to cast it repeatedly, with the recast variant of the spell.

Re-read the description of the necklace. It doesn't imply it can only be used once per long rest to talk to the dead, just that it requires a long rest to use the necklace again. The dead hold no secrets to you now. It would be pretty useless if you had to long rest between every corpse. The dead are mainly to provide flavor and lore, so that would be counter productive.

Once you activate it to grant yourself the "Can speak to the dead" buff, you are just "casting" the alternate version to interact with the next corpse as a UI choice rather than "casting the full spell again". It is basically a concentration spell, but the concentration is being done by the necklace.

*edit* If you are just reading the spell description, that isn't useful here, because it doesn't account for the spell being cast by the necklace instead of cast naturally.

Last edited by eventHandler; 08/10/20 02:48 PM.
stranger
stranger
Have confirmed that there is a bug for possibly all platforms, but that is reproducable and a way around it specifically for Stadia users.

Cutscene between Nautiloid Ship and Ravaged Beach is bugged and will keep users from progressing. This is right after you interact with the helm on the Nautiloid ship.

This seems to be something several users are facing, but I have confirmed Stadia specific conditions. More info on the issue and others experiences with it here http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=678701#Post678701

On Stadia Chromecast with controller:
3 times it failed to load the Ravaged Beach correctly killing the game's ability to progress and forcing you to reload

On Stadia Chrome browser with mouse and keyboard:
Twice now it has worked perfectly and loaded the Ravaged Beach allowing the game to progress

stranger
stranger
Hello, just a fan wanting to give a bit of feedback on the glitches and some idead that I've noticed throughout my 12 hour total playtime through multiple characters

If it helps, here's my PC specs:

-Manufacturer: ASUSTek COMPUTER INC.
-Model: ASUS Desktop PC G11CB-G11CD Series
-Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz
-Installed memory (Ram): 16.0 GB
-System Type: 64-bit operating system (Windows 10), x64-based processor
-Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

- This bug is by far the most distracting and problematic for me. almost every other time I talk to anyone that triggers the conversation engine, they'll go through the body animations, but their mouths don't move until the next voice line is played. this can even happen multiple times in the same conversation if the camera changes. so it happens a lot.

- I don't know if it's my system specs, but textures take an incredibly long time to load, if they load at all. Often times entire terrain assets will be missing, like walls and floors, and I'll be able to see through the world. I don't know what triggers it, but it seems to be anytime I load in or re-load in parts of the map.

- I know that you guys have seen this, but the ragdol-lololol-ing happens when I use certain abilities, specifically anytime someone dies with them taking an affect that would make them go prone or knocked back into something.

- The game really likes to freeze up every now and then. I don't know what causes it? but it usually happens when loading new things. it'll freeze up on me for around 5-15 seconds but then it will continue.

- I don't know if it's intended, but I've noticed that sometimes conversations get completely skipped when going to camp. for instance, when I first camped, I was expecting Lae'zel to chastise me for taking a rest because that's happened every time I've camped for the first time, but after the last one where I didn't rest until level 3, the conversation never came up, along with Gale's 'go to hell' reflection.

- I've noticed that sometimes the game has a hard time registering when something is in range, or shouldn't be in range or has line of sight. again, I don't know what triggers it, but sometimes the game will say that I have a clear shot when my character has to do the pathfinding dance in order to do it. I've even noticed enemies that should clearly be able to hit me freeze for hours on end while they try and figure out what to do. Or I'll be shooting a skeleton in the middle of the open chapel with no cover and it will say that I'm not in range.

- Getting into the minor stuff here, but the first combat I ever encountered killed me during the tutorial menu popups for combat. The intellect devourer that I pissed off trying to cripple Nat 20'd me and auto killed my warlock. Afterwards the game broke, it wasn't accepting the fact that I died and couldn't do anything, so I had to re-load. This instance where I've died and been unable to do anything while the game was still going has only happened a couple times for me, but it's always been a debby-downer when it shows up.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm no coder or anything, so I don't know how hard some of these things will be to implement, but I'd still like to be able to give my feedback anyway. I hope that these are easy enough to implement and don't get in the way of bigger fish to fry. The game is astounding without these changes, but if you guys were able to get around to them, this game would be that much more amazing.

-I've noticed that certain animations may need a layer of polish, especially for dwarves. For one specific instance, when trying to free the intellect devourer in the beginning, the other more human sized characters looked careful when taking out the brain, but the dwarf just stuck both his hands clear through the guy's skull, probably squishing it. Funny as it was, it probably wasn't intended.

-Being able to drop concentration would be nice. Anytime I want to kill the light cantrip I've casted or have wanted to end an area effect spell so I can walk across has been an exercise in tedium. Granted this one seems like it might be a bit complex to implement, but I bet it'll be loved if implemented.

-Some indication that you're rolling with advantage, or being guided would be nice. The single die roll has been something that I've wanted in RPGs for a long time, ever since Icewind Dale. But knowing intemently how 5e works, showcasing when you're rolling 2 dice, or adding a d4, or bardic inspiration dice would be that much cooler instead of trying to figure out what options you'd have advantage on.

-Helmet toggle... the game needs one. Especially since facial animation is so key to look at. I know it's been implemented in your other titles, I know that you can bring it back. In fact, having some type of costume layer where you're able to dress in the armors that you like sounds pretty cool.

-I know that it'll be a balancing nightmare, but I genuinely think the game would be better if you could bring the whole party along, but have some downside for it. All of these characters bounce off of each other so well and so often that i feel genuinely bad and cheated for missing out on certain interactions. I know that's what multiple playthroughs are for, but it's somewhat disheartening knowing I'm missing out. Granted I'm not holding you to the standard of the original BG games, but you had a party size of 6 back then. Maybe something like an xp penalty or a buff/debuff to enemies depending on party size? Maybe make it a singleplayer only thing? This one probably won't be implemented, but it's a change that I think would be worth adding.

-This is by far the lowest in terms of priority, but a survival system I think would go miles in terms of immersion and roleplay. Imagine if you're going into the undermark, and suddenly you realize that the majority of food is poisonous or wants to kill you, so you have to burn through your rations instead of living on the road. Right now, the game doesn't have that layer of tension, but some of my best moments in D&D were fighting the elements, scrounging for food and looking for warm or cool places to take shelter. All that said, i can definitely see this being something that the game doesn't need. The game is immersive enough as it is and it definitely wouldn't be for everyone, probably its own separate difficulty mode at the very most, but I think that it would be amazing were it to be implemented.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All that said and done, You guys have done an amazing job so far. I can't wait to see the other classes and races in action when the game fully releases. Thank you all so much for making 2020 bearable! You guys deserve more praise than I can give!
cheer cheer horsey thankyou horsey cheer cheer

Page 2 of 46 1 2 3 4 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard