Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 46 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 45 46
W
apprentice
apprentice
W
I stole Silvanus's Idol after killing Kagha. It never entered into my inventory and thus disappeared from existence.

Edit: In the aftermath of battle that took place above while I was fighting Kagha (I assume because I was with her when it apparently started and it was over when I came back out), Danis, Toron, and Okta are all standing inside of each other. Cannot speak to Okta.

Last edited by wizard0013; 12/10/20 06:50 PM.
E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Just 2 bugs I came across in the Underdark today. I don't know if they are reported already, but I don't want to read through the entire thread.

1. Since I picked up the Surrus Bark, the quest-marker "Surrus-bark" keeps following my character, but the game does not acknowledge that I picked it up already.

2. I got into a fight with the minotaurs and the bulette. After the minotaurs where taken out (one by me, one by the bulette), my own character left combat, while everyone else stayed in. This might be, because my character was lying on the ground at that time.
More problematic was my characters' imp. He kept dropping in and out of combat (and rolling initiative every time). As he had the highest initiative he shook the entire initiative row.
I managed to fix the problem with a save and restart (and moving my warlock away), but since then the 2 Minotaurs who died that fight are T-Posing (even after the end of the fight).

W
apprentice
apprentice
W
Wyll has permanently died in my game. It was during the druid v tiefling battle. He was already in my party when it happened, but I'm not given an option to resurrect with a scroll or through the hooded skeleton. Assuming this is a bug. Wyll should have been at my camp when that fight happened.

stranger
stranger
Every time I try to long rest the game crashes.

Originally it was in the moment when the game shows up my character sleeping at the camp fire (a little above her bed)

Now (since I continued playing without long resting) it crashes in the camp at the end of the talk with First Druid (once he tells me he's going to stay in my camp)

stranger
stranger
Here is a number of glitches, bugs etc. I've encountered. Sorry if they've already been mentioned elsewhere, it's difficult to keep up. smile
These are all while playing on PC through Steam.

GENERAL:

- quest tab in the mission journal won't scroll all the way down when the journal is filled with quests; the lowest quest is hidden from view, but can be clicked
- pressing on a character portrait doesn't always immediately work, sometimes you need to press multiple times for it to register
- when leaving camp after the second dream sequence, all party members were unchained and needed to be fast traveled individually away from camp

QUESTS:

- "Search the cellar" quest won't update if you choose to give the Necromancy of Thay to Gale
- "Deal with Auntie Ethel": Auntie Ethel doesn't spawn after freeing Mayrina, and Mayrina doesn't react at all after you free her (walks out of the cage, but no dialogue); quest still shows as 'completed' afterwards

GRAPHICS:

- leather helmet: hair massively clips through the helmet in cutscenes
- bad animations whenever characters hold something in their hands in cutscenes (ring, necklace, etc.)
- in cutscenes, your companions will be randomly floating in the air behind you, only their feet visible
- elf PC (and sometimes Astarion) will float above (and sometimes next to) their sleeping mat while meditating
- Second dream sequence: clipping during the attack, as well as when your 'dream partner' holds your hand while watching the city burn
- after the second dream sequence, Astarion is sleeping in a puddle by the log in the camp in broad daylight. He still takes part in the cutscene conversation with Shadowheart, though
- Liam's legs bend the wrong way when you talk to him in the Shattered Sanctum
- when Scratch brings you the satchel in camp and you convince him to give it to you, the item description text code appears is written in the subtitle
- Silvanus' Grove, servant's quarters: book on the desk called "The Emerald Enclave - Tenets": instead of brackets, there are letters ">br"

Silvanus's Grove:
- perspective when talking to Dammon, the smith, is always from above staring down at him, even if you are standing below him
- Okta gets stuck in the anmiation holding her arm up towards you after handing you the bowl of food
- When Nettie brandishes the thorned stick, it will stay floating in midair when she puts her hand down during the cutscene, jumping back into her hand when she raises it again

Blighted Village:
- Apothecary cellar, past the mirror: entire area very "flickery"
- Encounter with Fezzerk: after the fight ends and Fezzerk surrenders, Astarion & Gale are floating in the background during the cutscene
- Barcus Wroot: when stopping the windmill, Barcus can only be seen shortly, after which he disappears and only the bindings on the windmill are visible.

COMBAT:

- Sometimes the turn order seems to be completely skewed, with some characters not getting their turn at all / getting it later than they should without an obvious reason
- occasionally, combat will stay "stuck" on the character whose turn has just finished; the next character can't take his turn, even though the portrait is highlighted
- enemies will occasionally shoot through walls or around corners
- when trying to shove a prone opponent, "0%" appears as flytext when mousing over the prone character, but you can shove them anyway

CONVERSATION:

Bugs:
- In a cutscene, your answering options will sometimes briefly appear on screen while the cutscene is still playing
- Wyll's dialogue ("I'm coming as fast as I... Drow?") bugs out when you see the dead Tiefling on the road. He starts saying "Look...", as if wanting to confess something to you, then the voice & animation are abruptly cut off, and he starts a completely different sentence: "Come on. It's time we paid Spike a visit."
- Conversations will randomly not pace properly (sentences cut short, next sentence starts immediately after a cutoff; example: Auntie Ethel in Druid Grove, convo between Wyll and Fezzerk)
- When Wyll confesses about Mizora: "Mizora she called herself" - Wyll doesn't say that line, even though it appears in the subtitles.
- conversations don't progress properly when reading the Necromancy of Thay, must press space bar to make answering options visible

Continuity:
- Astarion:
- You can mention Cazador to him early on in a conversation, even though Astarion himself has only mentioned the name once in a side sentence, and your character can't possibly know who he is.
- Later on, after you already had the option to talk about Cazador, when you initiate a conversation with Astarion he will start it by saying "I guess you want to know about Cazador". While he eventually does tell you some new things, he starts by telling you all the exact same things he has already told you earlier
- After defeating the monster hunter in the swamp with Astarion on your team, at camp you have the option to tell him: "I met a monster hunter in the swamp. He was looking for you."

- Wyll:
- When confronting Spike when he is torturing Liam, you have the option to say: "I tortured this man for nothing?" It was Wyll doing the torturing, not the PC

- Volo & Gribbo: after interrupting his song, all conversation options except "Leave" prompt the exact same response both from Volo and from Gribbo, meaning you listen to the same sequence over and over again

X
apprentice
apprentice
X
Switching profiles on the main menu will reset Master volume to default levels even if both profiles have a non-default volume setting.

Healing a downed Ally for 0 HP makes them playable at 0 HP and functionally immortal. You can do this by using a healing scroll on a downed character with -1 on a heal spell/scroll and rolling 1.

It's possible for an attack of opportunity to consume an action without the player performing the action. This usually happens when the attack of opportunity hits when the players action has started its animation and the animation is interrupted.

stranger
stranger
Item: Staff of Arcane Blessing
The tooltip for Mystra's Blessing is wrong in the spellbook and when casting the spell. It has an added effect when inspecting the item, but uses the normal Bless description otherwise. However, when inspecting the active buff, it provides both Bless as well as Mystra's Blessing simultaneously.

Light(spell) or fire sources don't actually help against the "Target obscured by shadows" condition. I have only found Dancing Lights and Darkvision to improve this.

Last edited by JakandtheAlien; 12/10/20 08:51 PM.
stranger
stranger
Bug:
When in multiplayer, we have found initiating a conversation at the same time (where some travelling to the npc is required) will break the game where you cannot save as the person who enters the conversation second gets a black screen and then cannot exit conversation mode. This has the effect of preventing saves.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Small update from my last post to add a few more bugs found and a work around for the saving issue we encountered.

First the saving issue - we found it was caused by a conversation bug where a player starts a conversation, and the other listens in. After the conversation is done, the game still has the player who listened in flagged as in conversation still and this prevents the saving. All the person has to do is start conversation with someone else and exit back out - the conversation box above their head will disappear and saving will be permitted once more. While they have the bug, both manual saves and quicksaves will refuse to work, but only trying to quicksave will tell you the reason for not being able to save.

New bugs found:

-Playing solo, after the ship crashed I had absolutely no NPC's appearing on the map - none of the companions showed up to recruit, and the NPC's around the Mind Flayer were not there. The corpses that litter the place were not even appearing for me to loot.

-In Multiplayer, conversations bug very often. The person who listens in to another players conversations get stuck in dialogue according to the game when they are in fact not in conversation with anyone or listening in on someone else. We have also had a couple of times where the camera changes for conversation, and the person you are talking to may say one line, but it then just exits conversation either after they speak 1 line or before any line is spoken. This tends to lock us out of conversation with that person so we cannot continue dialogue.

-In the Quest "Rescue the Trapped Man", we did the quest and found the ring from Miri, but upon taking it back to Benryn he doesn't take it and the quest doesn't conclude or proceed in any way. He just stands there saying something like, "No, it can't be true" the rest of the time after that.

-The camera gets stuck in the terrain VERY often and can make trying to view around you extremely frustrating at times.

-Wyll seems to be very bugged in the burning inn and in the abandoned village. When rescuing the people from the burning building, we had Wyll with us and succeeded in doing everything. After it was done, Wyll had the "!" to speak with him and he spoke as if we did nothing to help, like we failed. We broke down the door, and we got his dialogue, but after everything is said and done, he says we abandoned them and did nothing. Then in the abandoned village, when rescuing the Deep Gnome from the windmill, Wyll asked us to knock the goblin leader out so he could interrogate him, but after we did Wyll spoke as if we had killed him.

Last edited by KaiserSkye; 13/10/20 12:44 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
[Linked Image]

enthusiast
enthusiast
After I asked Lae'zel to wait for me at the camp I can no longer talk to her.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by taumix

Originally it was in the moment when the game shows up my character sleeping at the camp fire (a little above her bed)

Now (since I continued playing without long resting) it crashes in the camp at the end of the talk with First Druid (once he tells me he's going to stay in my camp)

I was just about to post this. I cannot long rest without crashing

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Sharet
[Linked Image]

Hahaha. I have the same exact screenshot, different party members of course.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by SpiderKiller
Originally Posted by taumix

I was just about to post this. I cannot long rest without crashing

I have tried multiples saves, and to no avail. It crashes every time. I cannot long rest, which means things can't progress.

stranger
stranger
Hello everyone! I came across something that I haven't been able to work around just yet and wanted to report it. I will mark as a spoiler as the fight can go differently for some:

In an area off the Underdark, called The Festering Cove, there is sequence that can break out against a fish tribe and their "fake" God. I was able to simply convince the fishies that the God that they were worshiping was false and engaged combat with just BOOOAL (the false God), instead of BOOOAL and all of the fishies worshiping him. After combat, the fishies look to you are their new praise of worship and they ask for your first commandment, it is here where lies my problem: I am not able to make a selectable choice. The game seems to take the mechanics for a multiplayer session, where players of the active group can pick what decision they want the person holding the conversation to make. I'm including an image to help explain: [img]https://imgur.com/qQjroG6[/img].

TL;DR
After not killing the fishies in The Festering Cove fight, you are unable to progress the conversation. In this conversation, the game thinks you are in a multiplayer session and your dialogue option is highlighted for the "Conversation Leader" to select. [img]https://imgur.com/qQjroG6[/img].

S
stranger
stranger
S
Unable to rest in the camp for the 3rd night. Click end day, and then a cutscene starts where Shadowheart says something like "Somethings, wrong. Shadow protect me" and the dialogue doesn't progress and I'm stuck in the cutscene.
This has happened before to me with the Necromancy of Thay book, which I was unable to interact with because the same thing happened, cutscene just pauses on a character and doesn't progress.

W
apprentice
apprentice
W
Conversation with the Hag upon killing the two men not appearing as a cinematic. Many conversations with animals also aren't cinematic.

W
apprentice
apprentice
W
Infinite Approval Bug

At the well outside of the hag's house, you can drink from it. The first time you do, it raises your maximum hp by 10 and your approval with Gale and Lae'zel goes up. Every time you drink from it after that, your approval with those two continue to go up. I drank from it enough times to test that the approvals are actually going up. Raised the approval from neutral to medium through this.

Edit: I continued to do this until I could not raise their approval anymore. I observed it going from Neutral to Medium to High to Very High to Exceptional. Now to play and bug test with Gale and Lae'zel at max approval.

Last edited by wizard0013; 13/10/20 04:46 AM. Reason: Updated Information
W
apprentice
apprentice
W
Hold Person isn't able to target Redcap.

journeyman
journeyman
AAAGGGHHHH. I went back hours and reloaded an old save and tested the long rest. Well, it didn't crash, so I thought I was all good. I have started the "Save the Duke" quest so many times, which is where the save was (right before helping break down the door to start it). Went through, saved both people and looted everything, because why not. Haha. Well I went back to the fountain out front and clicked to end the day. Went to long rest, and crashed again. Seems to be some kind bug with the quest.

Page 11 of 46 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard