Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Erenior Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello everyone,

my english might not be the best, but at least i try to write properly.

Yesterday i had the chance to play for about an hour and one thing instantly caught my attention. you can choose what your char can try in the textbox (dialogue options) but i dont know how hard this choice will be in terms of d20 roll until i already selected my decision and the scene switches to the "d20 roll window" where i actually see the difficulty/challenge (DC) rating of my decision.

i bother with this... whenever i play 5e with others the GM usually gives me information about the challenge so that i can at least guess what the difficulty will be. The gamemaster might not tell me the exact DC, but gives me information.The game shoulkd do the same.

Greetings

Erenior

veteran
veteran
I think it's fine that you don't know how difficult it will be until you pick it. However, I would like the ability to see what your modifiers are to the check before you pick the option, especially for the cases when there will be multiple different dialogue options leading to checks.

stranger
stranger
Ideally your intelligence/wisdom would determine whether you know the challenge and the modifier you have.

Would love to play a dumb but charming rogue that has those options but plays it by ear and has no idea what will work. Contrast with a wizard that may be weaker on deception but has very good knowledge of what works and what doesn't.

Link Copied to Clipboard