#678887 07/10/20 03:25 PM
E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Hi
I know that probably someone will do a Mod about it when game release

But I think that D&D party if more complete with 5 People in it (or 6 like the Old D&D games) then 4.

4 is more for Games like Dragon Age or Divinity Original Sins
Games where you either have Fewer Classes and so you have a "Duplicate" (IE Dragon Age) or No Class and everyone can branch out (IE D:OS)

But in D&D its very limited if you want to cover all the bases
Especially if (like me) you only care about Scripted Written Companions

A typical Group will need a Cleric/Bard/Druid as a Healer, a Sorcerer/Wizard for AoE Blaster, a Rogue/Bard/Ranger for Pick-Locks and Skill Monkey (Rangers are here only because of D:OS take on Rangers, in Vanilla 5e they wouldn't be)
and a Warrior/Barabarian/Druid/Paladin for Frontline Fighter

1. you will notice I didn't say Warlock, because while good Damage Dealers they do not supply any of the Above
2. You feel semi Obligated to take one of each.
3. there is only 1 Companion for each "slot" of those (plus Warlock)

This feels very restricted to me

I know its not really a big issue and that (like mention above) Mods will allow this for sure
but I think games like this would be so much more fun and flexible if you had a 5 man party like Kingsmaker or Pillers 2

eidopans #679517 07/10/20 08:12 PM
stranger
stranger
Same here.

4 members is very restrictive. My great pleasure in baldur's gate is to create a party, to interact with them and mostly to find try various compositions.
In DoS1-2, 4 members is enough due to customization build ... but it doesn't work with specialize classes (like D&D).

So please, increase the party size and create us many companions smile

eidopans #679568 07/10/20 08:33 PM
journeyman
journeyman
agree! 5 or 6 is the right party members and add more companions!

eidopans #679647 07/10/20 09:06 PM
stranger
stranger
Fully agree with this. Right now you feel like you cant really have any "glass canon" character in the party since they will be destroyed very very fast as there is not enough melee characters to hold up the opponents or draw their attention. I would love to see that it was raised to 5 or 6 in the party as a total, that would make things much more fun and you can go a bit more "wild" with specs. With 4 you kinda have to go a bit of a cookie cutter line just to cover your basic bases.

eidopans #679673 07/10/20 09:19 PM
stranger
stranger
I can agree that upping the number of party members would liven the game up considerably. We had 6 person parties in BG1 & BG2. More companions means more story for us to uncover as we please. I come from the RP aspect of desiring more companions. I want companions that hate other companions and you have to work to make them stay or are forced to choose between the two as they fight. The points above especially become true as more classes and races are added. (I would love to have an awakened tree companion. I'd even settle for an awakened bush)

Link Copied to Clipboard