Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Baraz Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
First, I am NOT talking about movement controlled in combat. If the player makes a companion walk through fire/brine/acid, that is her/his mistake.

When auto-pathing, namely moving as a group, I suggest characters should naturally avoid stepping through fire/brine/acid.

From the tutorial to the rest of the game, pathing (out of combat) through damaging spots ends-up being an issue. Or some can see it as a quality-of-life issue, but still I hope Larian can tweak this at some point.

Cheers

Last edited by Baraz; 07/10/20 06:39 PM.
stranger
stranger
The amount of times my party has gotten stuck in those vines...

Yep, I'd second this, because outside of combat-movement they don't draw a line and highlight it red where it intersects dangerous terrain (or even just difficult terrain like deeper water than it seems from zoom-out) - particularly with hazards that blend into a scene... like vines amongst vegetation for example.

+1. This worked fine in DOS2 so I'm a little puzzled why this isn't here now. smile

addict
addict
I think it works fine out of combat, but in combat it might not. I have only put a couple of hours in so far, but that has been my experience (which is just like DOS2 btw).

stranger
stranger
I have generally had no issues with companions pathfinding around hazards. It did work well in DOS:2, so they should be able to work out any bugs people are having.

stranger
stranger
+1. This worked fine in DOS2, to reproduce in BG3

H
stranger
stranger
H
+1 I had the party almost die because those idiots wanted to take the shorter path possible and walked through a wall of flames...

Link Copied to Clipboard