Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
D
Playing at 1440p and font seems just fine (27 inch LCD). But font scale is a basic option, the devs have to add that eventually...

M
stranger
stranger
M
They added the scaling of font for the dialogue and such, plus background for dialogue, which is cool.

Now I am waiting for the UI scaling as such, as tooltips are too small, not to mention that the font choice is rather a big mistake - font aint as clear as could be. So bigger UI, bigger font for the item/spell/action description boxes. That is what we need. Otherwise - hell yeah wink

Thank you so much, Larian, for hearing us and adding the font size and background option for dialogue. It really helps dialogue.

I myself still would need UI scaling (ideally through controller support, which as excellent in DOS1 & 2).

And the ability to mod the font by replacing the font files with other font files would help players like me — as is possible with DOS1 and 2. (As of Patch 6, when I try the DOS2 font mod method on BG3, all the text shows up blank.)

enthusiast
enthusiast
Well, It must be hard. There are not even mods out there for UI changes.

I am hoping for a versatile UI with more action bars etc. They way it is now it crappy. And not only because of the size.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Any news on that issue, Larian? Please do something about it...

Or add something like in-game zoom function that you can use just like in windows. The one in windows doesnt work, alas, with BG3...

journeyman
journeyman
+1

Give us the ability to manage text size for sure but the whole UI system is clunky and limiting. For one please give us as many quickslots as can fit at the bottom of the screen, design should follow function not the other way around. As characters progress there will be more spells, abilities, and other equipment that we are going to want to put in those slots and already aren't enough for 4th characters. Sure you can use the roll overs and those are useful but not ideal.

Last edited by FuriousGreg; 06/03/23 08:42 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Man it's quite disheartening to read this thread and see not much change on this particular UI issue over time. I just bought the game, super excited...but my eyes are bleeding even at the character creator! Larian, *please* tell me you are working on UI-scaling for the launch window!? I'm really going to have to refund otherwise frown

apprentice
apprentice
Agree. I bought the EA a while ago but then returned it on Steam within the return window, just because it was too much of an eye strain for me. Now that we're closer to launch, I bought the EA again and the accessibility/UI/fonts/readability hasn't improved at all. So I guess that I'll just have to deal with the strain and headaches, if I want to play. I'm just hoping the PS5 version has more accessibility options, if not then that's going to be even worse with only using a controller.

Last edited by Tatoskok; 29/07/23 07:01 PM.
J
stranger
stranger
J
I just posted the same issue. August 16, 2023, it's still hard to read. I'm even playing on a 32" monitor.

Where I was I am not. Where I will be I am not. Where I am just changed.
J
stranger
stranger
J
Bookman font instead of times for readability. It's a little wider than times, but designed for readability. Times was designed for its ability to cram lots of information onto a newspaper page. Bookman was designed for ultimate readability in a serif font. Serifs help.

Where I was I am not. Where I will be I am not. Where I am just changed.
F
stranger
stranger
F
Two years later after my first post, the issue is still here. Most item descriptions have a tiny font size.

B
stranger
stranger
B
It is too tiny, on my 22" monitor. Surely you cannot just scale the dialogue options?!

Also the item pictures on examine seem all over the place, some at the bottom of the picture, some at the top, some upright and some flat. Looks so weird,

K
stranger
stranger
K
I agree. Fonts are too small and so is the UI. Some kind of scaling or customization would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure how this could be overlooked for so long.

M
stranger
stranger
M
It is such a pity that such a cool company as Larian is not eager to even respond to these posts. I suppose that the possibilities in the UI size department and font size would be appreciated by such short sighted folks as i am, but as well by people with better eyes playing at high res from a distance. Or at least add the possibility to zoom in. The windwos zoom in feature wont work properly with the game. Tried it.

M
stranger
stranger
M
It is such a pity that such a cool company as Larian is not eager to even respond to these posts. I suppose that the possibilities in the UI size department and font size would be appreciated by such short sighted folks as i am, but as well by people with better eyes playing at high res from a distance. Or at least add the possibility to zoom in. The windwos zoom in feature wont work properly with the game. Tried it.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Good day, Larian Studios,

Hopefully, we can scale the font size of the text and UI to fit each person's taste. It's really hard to read and found myself squinting a lot when reading Character Sheet, Item Description, and the like.

Thank you!

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hi,

I'm trying to play your game on PS5. My wife and I were looking forward to playing together in split-screen, however we can't even decipher the UI in full screen. I can barely read the tool tips from the couch, which disappear before I'm halfway through trying to make out what it says. My wife can't read it at all. Only the dialog font size can be scaled, 80px is just big enough for us. The radial wheels, item descriptions and character sheet are practically invisible.

I would love to play your game, have always been a big fan of Baldur's gate and its spin offs. However this seems to be unplayable for us now (age 46 and 49).

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard