On Oct 13/14 I installed a new driver, received a windows update, and "patiently" waited for the latest BG3 patch to download through steam. I've been experiencing performance issues since receiving these updates.
My FPS drops or stutters while moving in and out of combat, and the game freezes for 30sec - 1min randomly while in combat.
- I uninstalled all/any older drivers
- Reinstalled the game
- Changed the graphics settings (which I can run at ultra) and disabled vsync
- Disabled Steam overlay and I'm playing on DirectX12
No solution. Then I tried playing in offline (and disconnected from wifi for the hell of it) and the game runs more smoothly. No freezes in combat and gameplay runs quicker. This is just a hunch, and with no solid proof, but this issue may be due to Larian's monitoring (as highlighted in their latest update).
Gameplay still doesn't feel right, so I'm using MSI Afterburner. Here is a screenshot of my performance:https://imgur.com/a/Yw43KOU
- CPU is fine but GPU idles between 60 - 70% (no overheating), then drops to 30 - 60% while moving
- FPS is always 20 - 40
- RAM is 5000 - 7000mbs (I don't know if this is good or bad, but my gut says bad)
- I've cleared my cache, cleaned up disk space, and ended unnecessary tasks
- Changed Power Management settings
- Windows 10 64 bit
- Geforce GTX 1060
- 7.86 GB RAM
Sorry, I'm a noob and figuring this out as I go. I'm dropping this here as an FYI for anyone experiencing the same issues and for anyone who can give advice. This could be a problem with my rig, or this may be due to Larian's latest patch and/or poor optimization on their end.