I will keep this brief.

The player should retain autonomy over their own character as much as possible. I accept that this is the sort of video game wherein things are going to be done to my character in cinematics however much it annoys me. I can live with that. But if I arrange my party around a room
suspiciously filled with corpses
in anticipation of combat, once I trigger the cinematic
showing the undead coming to life
don't force my entire party to collapse back on the position of the individual who triggered the event. If you allow your players to take the initiative and make preparations in response to clues given in the environment it will deepen their immersion and enjoyment of the game.

Second, if I possess a flying familiar and the animation shows it flying at all times it should not be body blocked for being in the back of a formation. While we are on that topic, DnD allows for characters on the same side of an engagement to allow one another through occupied and threatened spaces without impediment. I should not have to use jump to get by one or two party members 'filling' a passageway.

Lastly, if I am directing my party to move through unexplored areas stealthily that should be respected. Instead, just as so many other titles, I am pulled entirely out of stealth for a dialogue exchange or cinematic moment forced on me by the game. You have no idea how much these things annoy me and I suspect many other players as well.

As a final note on something totally unrelated,
when the Illithid snailship is falling out of the sky, there are a number of inconsistencies. The direction of the smoke and the debris should be going aft toward the stern as the ship plummets, however, when the character is shown falling, his descent begins him moving toward the bow then falling straight down. There is nothing I know about physics which can reconcile. . .any. . .of these things. The only areas that that are consistent with the architecture of that environment were all either forward (toward the bow), or toward the sides, but there would be insufficient momentum in those directions to account for the movement of the smoke or the debris, let alone to explain the force with which the debris hits the characters and jettisons them from the snailcraft.

Last edited by DistantStranger; 07/10/20 09:13 PM.