Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#679909 07/10/20 11:22 PM
Toot033 Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I was able to carry 8 empty chest and exceeded my weight by 20 but did not have any movement penalty.

I drank what.. Socrates
stranger
stranger
I'm upwards of double/triple my weight and still running perfectly fine

K
stranger
stranger
K
i have only gotten the encumbered debuff after holding double the listed carrying capacity

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Yeah, it's double the listed limit before you get slowed. And then about half more and you can't move at all.

So, I guess the listed value is when light encumbrance starts. Then you hit heavy when you have double that, and slow down. And then you are immobilized if you exceed the heavy limit.

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
5e encumbrance rules:

Lifting and Carrying

Your Strength score determines the amount of weight you can bear. The following terms define what you can lift or carry.
Carrying Capacity. Your carrying capacity is your Strength score multiplied by 15. This is the weight (in pounds) that you can carry, which is high enough that most characters don't usually have to worry about it.
Push, Drag, or Lift. You can push, drag, or lift a weight in pounds up to twice your carrying capacity (or 30 times your Strength score). While pushing or dragging weight in excess of your carrying capacity, your speed drops to 5 feet.
Size and Strength. Larger creatures can bear more weight, whereas Tiny creatures can carry less. For each size category above Medium, double the creature's carrying capacity and the amount it can push, drag, or lift. For a Tiny creature, halve these weights.

----

The game uses metric by default, and does seem to be similar to those rules when you convert.

Link Copied to Clipboard