Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I have been taking a lot of notes on a Google Doc about this game and I noticed I had a lot in regards to character creation, which doesn't surprise me too much since I love character creation in games. I know that this game will be updated, but I wanted to bring my points up in the event that they haven't been considered or are up in the air as to if they will be implemented/addressed. First I wanted to start with things I see as issues:

Problem: Facial Hair, and buzzed Hair styles look patchy.
Suggestion: Increase hair density, and add more. The first beard style for example, has almost no hair on the underside of the Jaw and there’s hardly any on the neck. Hair stubble should also be added, with Facial hair options using different hair stubble options. I.E. a goatee that has a 5 o’clock shadow around it. Additionally, some of these facial hairs/hairstyles seem like they would benefit from a decrease in length, beard style 1 is another example of this.

Problem: Facial hair sometimes creates blotchy shadows in the facial hair, like it's the skin itself that has spots.

Problem: To be frank, the High Elf Male Head 5 is very handsome and it is a shame that it is not available for humans. I also think it is a great "ethnically ambiguous" young preset option.
Suggestion: Let some faces be cross-race/expand the cross-race presets (for example, the that High Elf Male Head 5 is available for half elves as well I believe, but not to humans).
Or: Add more presets.
Or (What I really want): Allow us to select different noses, eyes, ears, jaws, mouths, chins, cheeks, eyebrows, etc. I am fine with not being able to tweak these options with sliders, but if I could at least select different options, that would awesome. I find that there is something or several somethings that I wish I could change with the facial feature presets that I cannot.

Problem: Human female Head 6, changing hair color does not change eyebrow color.

Now on to the general suggestions I would like:

Suggestion: Name randomizer based on Race.

Suggestion: Tattoo position swap, i.e. swap tattoo that is on the right side to the left side and vice versa.

Suggestion: Character creation randomizer (especially for the, ‘Who do you dream of?’ person) would be nice.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'd like to add to this request body sliders or body type options. If I'm to create my dream mate physically, I need a lot more muscle tone for my strong amazon warrior lady. Thanks Larian Studios!!

Link Copied to Clipboard