Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
stranger
stranger
Yeah me too - cannot find the hag and cannot speak to Mayrina as well.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by nebelstreif
The hag is invisible in the room with Mayrina. It seems she doesn't initiate combat. you can find her with Faerie Fire or other invisibility seeing effect. Otherwise, yo can try to hit her with area of effect spells to break the invisibility. She won't fight back, but if you kill her you can then finish the quest with Mayrina.

https://imgur.com/gallery/maTWucu

Thank you for this. I was able to finish the quest.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Big thanks, Kwetcher, this worked for me too! I used fire bolt with Wyll's cantrip spell... attacking randomly near Ethel's spot as this showed on the map, found her and killed her easily. She was simply frozen and waitin on her last dying wish.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Just wanted to say that I did as above and used AoE effects to make her visible and then killed her. The quest log did update but when I talked to Mayrina the game just crashed. I filed a bug report but wanted to post just in case anyone else is having the same issue and searches the forums.

stranger
stranger
Now, is there an option to destroy the wand that can "resurrect" Mayrina's husband? You can destroy it in her dialog, sure, but I am not that heartless... The wand has infinite health, so is this really the only option?
If so, it doesn't feel right. If you can snap it in two in front of a grieving mother to be, you should be able to snap it in two in your camp or around the corner.

Last edited by ReyDSwords; 12/10/20 05:59 AM.
stranger
stranger
Same bug here. I saw red caps as red caps. Talked to Autie but didn't agree to give her my eye. Discovered that fire is a gate. Got out. Killed all four red caps and then returned to cross the fire. Put some hits on Autie but he escaped. Discovered with Astarion that gate was fake and crossed it. Crossed gas. Got into autie's room and saw Mayrina screaming. Hag appeared and cursed me and threated me but nothings more happened. I hit her to death and save Mayrina. She screamed to me about her baby and husband and leave. No combat at all...

stranger
stranger
I have another problem. I reached the Hag house from the Underdark by chance. I avoided the Hag and Mayrina and went sneaking (crouching) into her lair, pickpocketed the fake door, killed her minions and then she spawned when i stopped sneaking. I fought her near the final room and killed her. Went back up to check on Mayrina and she's fine, i told her i've killed the hag and she wanted to give Connor a proper burial. She even gave me an amulet so i thought ok the quest is over, GG. Well...nope now it's forcing me to use a wand to resurrect Connor. Beside the fact that is clearly a stupid thing to do, i don't understand why i don't have a choice. So i went near the coffin, used the wand, he turned hostile and i had to kill him. After that Mayrina got pissed and told me to get away. Meh.

Last edited by Albi; 13/10/20 06:49 AM.
V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Ariannel
Yep this happened to me, too. I lowered Mayrina and she walks out of the cage but I can't talk to her and going into the hag's room does nothing because it's completely empty. Not sure what to do at this point.

Edit: I'm wondering if the reason why this got hosed is because I

1) went straight through the fireplace and didn't get entangled with the bloodthirsty goblin dudes
3) figured out that the door was fake without putting on one of her masks
2) snuck past all the thralled people with masks on and didn't engage with them either

Maybe if I hadn't tried to be sneaky and followed the script it would have worked? I don't know....

From the start, I told Mayrina that her brothers were dead outside. Then went through fireplace but fought the mask wearing folks. Figured out the fake door via Gale's arcana saving throw. Went down to where Mayrina is in the cage but no hag showed up. Mayrina kept telling me to burn the hag but nothing. Brought her down from cage then she doesn't talk with me.

I had restarted from the save when I was about to go through the fireplace. Same result. No hag. No Mayrina responding to talk.

stranger
stranger
My bug is different than most. I killed Auntie in the Tea room in 2 rounds flat. Guess I killed her too fast because even though I went and found the wand Mayrina only responds in the conversation with, “Come back soon!”. The wand doesn’t even come up in the convo. I can resurrect Connor but then he attacks and when we kill him she gets mad and storms off. And now I can’t get a “Complete” on this quest. Can’t, (won’t), reload to an older save. Any advice folks?

stranger
stranger
That’s my bug as well. Killed Auntie in her cabin too fast and now Mayrina won’t let me show her the wand. Any work around you’ve found? Do the devs ever step in here to help!?!

enthusiast
enthusiast
If nothing works then shove her into abyss, hopefully quest should update.

This quest is bugged like oblivion.
No matter how I try to solve this, I always encouter a bug.

E
stranger
stranger
E
I killed the goblins, camped, almost killed the hag by stunlocking her upstairs before she finally got invis off and ran, went through the guards, went back up and outside, slept, then went all the way back down, snuck around, used invis to lower Mayrina, she wouldn't talk, fought the hag (get as many multi-target ranged as possible, like magic missile and scorching ray to clear the grand illusions) she'll start her dialogue when the hag is dead, and all the items in the Witch's final grotto will be available.

Maximum XP gains laugh

I think the devs need/intend to make Mayrina pass out or something after leaving the cage, and then have an unbreakable spell tied to the hags death on the room door.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z

I made an account just to share this with people if they come into the same problem.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard