Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#680501 08/10/20 07:35 AM
OP Offline
This post has spoilers after arriving at the tea house. If you have no idea what that is, stop reading!

SPOILERS

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

OK, so now I'll say there'll be spoilers about accepting the hag's offer ---

-
-
-
-
-
-
-

So I now have a hag eye -- and I see I can no longer make critical hits and I have disadvantage for perception checks. Wow! Makes sense, but are permanent effects like this going to be the style of the game? It's awesome.. but, at the same time, I don't want such a negative permanent effect. But I don't want to reload either. What do you all think about this? Just shouldn't have given a hag my eye? But I'm a Drow warlock, I'm freaky, aaaand she said she could take the tadpole out! It was fairly reasonable for my character!

Last edited by The Drow Warlock; 08/10/20 07:40 AM.
stranger
stranger
I was stuck with this last night, there appears to be some way that you can track her down in her lair, theres the Gnarled Door that wont grant you access in her cellar behind the fireplace, but I just couldnt figure out the riddle, or maybe it was broken I dont know. In the end I just loaded a two hour earlier save because I didnt want the debuff, not that my Rogue, sneak archer weird hybrid ever actually crits anyway, or rolls a succesful perception roll for anything so maybe its not a big deal.

OP Offline
Spoilers for entering the Gnarled Door --

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

If you want to enter - I succeeded an arcana check and discovered the door is actually ephemeral, and the player can simply walk straight through it. Try clicking past it. I tried going after the hag, but my level 3 group was slaughtered by the enemies inside --

I'd hope somehow that debuff can be lifted later, or the eye grants us some great advantage later -- otherwise, it's pretty terrible if we don't want people to be reloading negative consequences! But it made some sense for my character to do it, and it'd suck to be so badly penalized for the entire game - without even a warning. I'd rather not just reload after finding out what happens. So I hold hope it can be reversed or we gain something great to offset the disadvantage! Very likely not in Act 1, however.

Edit: I just realized there's a great chance we can reverse our 'cursed' eye by simply killing the hag. Seems like reasonable thinking, anyway. I can't do it right now, so I guess we'd have to return later... but aren't we supposedly unable to return to past locations?

Last edited by The Drow Warlock; 08/10/20 10:12 AM.
stranger
stranger
Once youve left Act 1 then you probably wont be able to return, but already it feels like there is enough content in Act 1 to be strong enough to come back and kill the Hag/enemies. Ive noticed from my playthrough already that a lot of the diplomatic dialogue choices might leave you a bit low on Exp in some cases, ive accidentally killed pretty much everyone at the druids grove and think it gave me a decent Exp boost, even though im still also not ready for the dirty Hag.

OP Offline
Yeah, Ill definitely try to kill her when Im a bit stronger - buut, I did just have a super awesome fight against four lvl 4 redcaps outside the teahouse, so my confidence has increased =P Still couldnt do the masks inside the hag's hole yet, though.

Do we think there'll be a way to cure this hag eye? Or do we think our player could potentially be stuck without crits and perception advantage forever? That'd be bitter...

stranger
stranger
Ok so I killed Ethel in a slightly sneaky way, you can just hide, or use Shadowhearts cantrip Pass Without Trace, to manouver and then just push Ethel off the edge, but you dont get anything for doing that. It works very well but I dont know what ive potentially missed by taking this shortcut so am now going to try and kill her legit, although its a hard and sometimes quite cheaty fight.

OP Offline
Good luck! Interested if killing her and maybe looting her affects our curse. I think pushing her and killing her should do it, too, but maybe not. Also, any use for Ethel's Charm stick bone thing? I got that when I talked to her by
saying she wasn't powerful enough to help me.

I seriously wonder if this permanent effect can be reversed somehow... it must be curable, it's too much of a disadvantage. But Im not sure how hardcore Larian has been o.O Which would be a different kind of awesome! It would be cruelly awesome.

stranger
stranger
I killed her by pushing twice, nothing to do with fixing the curse, when you loot her little alcove nothing there seems to help. Theres another quest with the girl who she has captured, but thats not a satisfying ending really. Not sure if its bugged or what, but so far theres no sign of a way to remove the curse. Aside from the XP which is 250, and the staff that Gale needs, I dont think there is anywhere near enough incentive to do the quest.

Perhaps its something that is removed when you get to Baldurs Gate, assuming you can get there later on, but for now its either bugged or just a cruel punishment I guess.

OP Offline
Hah, thanks man! It must be removable later somehow...

stranger
stranger
Just to add to the information:

If you damage her to 5-15 hp without throwing her off a ledge she actually bargains for her life in a cutscene. In this she offers you a +1 to an ability score (this is what the subtitles say) if you let her live and let her keep the girl. You can roll to change the offer and only offer to let her live for the reward ánd the girl, which can succeed.

After this she gives you a lock of her hair and she leaves.

You can eat the hair, but for some reason this neither gives a ASI, nor removes the debuff. So either I missed something or the hair is bugged/not implemented yet.

I hope someone else comes along to verify this!

yeeted or yote?
D
stranger
stranger
D
Can confirm that you can simply pass through the door, just don't click on the door itself. Did a successful arcana check. I actually killed Auntie but I don't think I was meant to. Was level 3 at the time I think? I went into turn based mode right before the fight to try to get some sneak attacks and casted protection from good and evil (Auntie is a fey). Somehow I was able to keep skipping Aunties turn and was able to kill her. If you are able to get passed her you are able to take a lot of items from her room. Including a wand that brings that girls husband back to life but he's an undead corpse lol. Also now that Auntie is dead the petrified dwarf and the Elf that can see you are a mind flayer you can have a brief convo with them.

I was wondering if anyone was able to figure out if you can do something with the Mirror that has someone trapped inside and the woman with her head chopped off but has a stasis spell on them?

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by drewbacca
Can confirm that you can simply pass through the door, just don't click on the door itself. Did a successful arcana check. I actually killed Auntie but I don't think I was meant to. Was level 3 at the time I think? I went into turn based mode right before the fight to try to get some sneak attacks and casted protection from good and evil (Auntie is a fey). Somehow I was able to keep skipping Aunties turn and was able to kill her. If you are able to get passed her you are able to take a lot of items from her room. Including a wand that brings that girls husband back to life but he's an undead corpse lol. Also now that Auntie is dead the petrified dwarf and the Elf that can see you are a mind flayer you can have a brief convo with them.

I was wondering if anyone was able to figure out if you can do something with the Mirror that has someone trapped inside and the woman with her head chopped off but has a stasis spell on them?

I haven't been able to kill the hag because going down my quest bugged and I can't rescue the girl. She won't talk to me after I lowered the cage nor did I find any trace from the Hag. I just looted everything and used like a light portal that brought me outside. There is another room going down that has another light portal inside but I couldn't open the door (similar to the illusion one at the top) so I don't know what I missed. It's all bugged to me so I may restart the quest by not attackign her and not killing the Red Caps (tough enemies!)

Regarding the previous prisoners you can actually use a potion to remove petrified from the dwarf and he just dies after blaming you. You can also talk to the dead elf and she tells you to run away, seeing her eye poked there I guess we aren't getting our eye back for the moment being...

I saw that the poison pits can be blocked by any item and there are some flowers that appear if you detect them (I think they burn the poison?).

Regardless I think I'd like to know how to access that previous room before seein the girl in the hanging cell.

T
stranger
stranger
T
When accepting to trade your eye for her services, she eventually says she won't be able to help you. This is after she leaves you blind in one eye. If you select certain options in the dialogue she gives you something, as you both agreed with a deal and you did your part. The item is a bone amulet (not equipable, but consumable item) eating it however does nothing. Didn't saw any positive results, and the character whose eye was tampered with is still keeping the debuff. Maybe something for later, may be a bug, may be intentional and mean.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I killed the hag and the girl waits on the coffin of her Husband after I relesed her. I mustfind an way to help her; in the next room I found an Staff. the Game says I must bring her the Stuff BUT when i had the Stuff and go to her I can't talk with her. For me looks buggy this way.

apprentice
apprentice
What you actually want is the wand on the altar near where you found the staff.

D
stranger
stranger
D
After youre Post I look in my Inventory and found the wand, but I can't give it to her, When I use it a short sequenze startet, connor is dead again. The brat is angry and disappears and my quest hanging in the same position like bevore o.o

V
stranger
stranger
V
There's another Powerful Tome highlighted in the teahouse swamp on my map (not the one I'm carrying) but I can't find it anywhere.

It took me like an hour to realise I had to get the camera right to find the one hidden behind the fire-gargoyle plinth in the red wizard's cellar. Is anyone able just to tell me where this one is? I'm stood right on the marker but I can't see any Tome here either and nothing is happening re: perception checks. Nothing seems to mention it in my quests either.

Last edited by Vore; 09/10/20 10:55 PM.
stranger
stranger
i have the same thing and i think like it should give you a reward. like i got the hags talisman in exchange, but it doesn't seem to do anything when you eat it, and it is not equipable. there should be some reward, either in massive xp, (right now i am lvl 4, so that wont do anything. get it) like you gave your eye for some knowledege, which i love. i know that the tadpoles are supernatural, meaning not just simple illithid any day of the week trade, if that is a super important game breaking information...i am fine.

tldr: i like it, there needs to be some reward in exchange for losing the ability to crit and permanent perception malus (which sucks already as a ranger, guess for certain rogue builds even more)

edit: i managed to sneak into the hags cellar, but left when i was detected, so i guess i am still on good terms with her. hope that pays off somehow, other wise i have to kill her, but unfortunatley killing everyone seems mostly to be the most valuable choice rn.

also that one fucks upm the opportunity to get eye surgery from someone who you should not get eye surgery in the first place. noticed. i was just curious if this was a workaround to get rid of the permanent debuff, or gives you some complete blindness, but not really achievment: doesnt, but nice that it gets it. now i wonder how it would work the other way around, get the artificial ee, then go to the hag but taht has to wait until a later playthrough.

Last edited by BaronLeichtsinn; 09/10/20 11:17 PM.
veteran
veteran
I understand the need to focus on crashes first and foremost but I'm the I'm hoping the teahouse bugs are next on the list. It was pretty difficult to get to the lower level and a disappointment not to have the hag spawn or get a dialogue from the woman you saved.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Hey,

I got same problem, i have entered Ancient Abode and the HAG is not there. I have been trying around for like 2 hours but without success. I have either went camp after the encounter in the hat, or i have somehow skipped some traps, or bugged the animation in the ancient abrode. I dunno, but saves i have before this means almost reroll. I will try mby later smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard