Firstly, congratulations Larian on the success of BG3 EA. I have played for a few hours and I like very much what I see of the D&D 5th ed implementation.

I've gone back to Dragon Age Origins and played a little as a cross reference, mainly paying attention to the interface, DAO being at the time and still probably the best spiritual successor to BG2. There is really something DAO captures in terms of ambiance and atmosphere.

My feedback and suggestion relates mainly to the polish and great sounds of the interface, the tightness and lack of janky-ness of party movements and interactions.

DOS2 and BG3 the interface doesn't feel as heavy or as nice a frame as DAO to what is occurring on screen. Note the heavy stone sounds of menu buttons and the paper sounds flipping through things and just how seamless things feel to the player. It feels much snappier and like you are using a dedicated program as opposed to a web page overlay.

I think before full release, it would pay perhaps some of the UI devs to go back to DAO and imo understand what makes that interface probably the best interface of any RPG to date.

Look forward to more patches and iterations.

Sincerely.

P.S. - A companion AI system like DAO would also be awesome, although I know that is a lot of work, again DAO displays best in class here.