Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Albi Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi everyone i just joined the forum. Yesterday i've played BG3 for about 8 hours and the game looks really promising, however above all compared to other games i didn't really like how the characters selection works. As of now i think it works like it did in Divinity Original Sin, you can select the characters by dragging their portraits in the lower left section of the ui and i'm really not a fan of this system.

I wish i could just use the mouse like in many others isometric games. I'm aware that this could be rather tricky to implement, especially in multiplayer i don't think it will work but recently i've played Wasteland 3 and that system was really good imo. In that game you can select or deselect all your party members by just pressing a key (defaut is the "space" key). If you want to select one you just click on it and in the menu there's an option if you want to control only that specific character or keep the party selection without having to press "space" again. As i see it this could be a way to streamline the characters selection, it comes in handy when you want to move your characters in specific locations or just send one ahead, when you're sneaking for e. I hope i'm not the only one who feels this way about the current system, but in any case gg everyone, have fun in BG3! 😁

Edit: also when i center the camera on one of the characters the edge panning doesn't work anymore, this also happens in combat and the only way to fix it is to move the camera using the w,a,s,d keys.

Last edited by Albi; 08/10/20 12:22 PM.
N
old hand
old hand
N
You can select them with 1,2,3,4 keys too I believe. But I agree there should be a more intuitive and easier way to select, group and ungroup characters.

Albi Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Nyanko
You can select them with 1,2,3,4 keys too I believe. But I agree there should be a more intuitive and easier way to select, group and ungroup characters.

The default keys are F1 to F4, you can always change them in the menu. I've rebound the TAB key so i use that one to switch between them, still to control and move around with only one i have to use the portraits.

Last edited by Albi; 08/10/20 12:36 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard